President Biden - Part 2

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Hillman avenger

Re: President Biden

Post by Hillman avenger »

Does he seriously expect people to believe this?
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Zambo

President Biden - Part 2

Post by Zambo »

From here :-

https://www.talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... start=1485

Last few posts from part 1
Hillman avenger wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:44 pm Inconvenient as it may be let us have some facts.

At its peak the US had 110.000 troops in Afghanistan.
When Trump made his "deal" 18 months ago it was 15000.
The Taliban only had to wait, although they did manage to murder 400 government staff while they were waiting.
When Biden took over it was 2500, nowhere near enough to turn it around.
If Biden had wanted to reassert the mission he would have had to order TENS OF THOUSANDS back in during his first weeks in office. Even though poll after poll has showed a majority in the US for getting out.
The US withdrawal is three months later than Trump had promised while Biden's people tried to resuscitate the Afghan state.

66,000 Afghan troops and police have died.

Those that were left were understandably demoralised and were not being paid. Massive amounts of US money intended for such purposes went elsewhere. Not surprising that they ran away,
The Tick wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:47 pm The only option was to completely withdraw. The only problem is that Biden's managment of the withdrawal has been poor. He's not originally at fault for all this, but is the one now responsible for seeing it through as smoothly as realistically possible.
Hillman avenger wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:17 pm Does he seriously expect people to believe this?
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: President Biden

Post by Basualdo »

Well Joe?

Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

The Tick

Re: President Biden - Part 2

Post by The Tick »

The UK answers to the USA, not the other way round

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

There are more than 20 other countries represented in Afghanistan.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

wtf is the point of trying to hide it. :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -Navy.html
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Lest we forget: Tweets don't make it true.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

JimmyDee wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:15 pm Lest we forget: Tweets don't make it true.
Whoa, steady the buffs there, Tonto!
Such a radical idea would entail a complete rethink of the MO of our political elites and masters.
Say it ain't so.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Joe seemingly fucking up on his promise to bring every American out of Afghanistan within the next week. It’s been a horrendous week for him. He needs to pull his finger out and show some leadership.

Hillman, do you know his approval ratings (I know this is a key indicator for you) are plummeting? What should he do to correct things other than offer his resignation?

I actually was all for him becoming President as I thought he would start to fix the country but he needs to fix this fast.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

kancutlawns wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:10 pm Joe seemingly fucking up on his promise to bring every American out of Afghanistan within the next week. It’s been a horrendous week for him. He needs to pull his finger out and show some leadership.

Hillman, do you know his approval ratings (I know this is a key indicator for you) are plummeting? What should he do to correct things other than offer his resignation?

I actually was all for him becoming President as I thought he would start to fix the country but he needs to fix this fast.
It's a shit show, they've had nine months to work this out. The UK government have managed to fuck it up as well, they've known for 18 months.

I suspect Biden will bounce over this because in a few months no one will remember this and he'll see an economic uptick.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

The american public aren't as hysterical over this as its media or military industrial complex are.

The domestic culture wars are what they really care about. The Afghanistan defeat is only as interesting to them as its use as ammo for their discerning sides.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

kancutlawns wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:10 pm Joe seemingly fucking up on his promise to bring every American out of Afghanistan within the next week. It’s been a horrendous week for him. He needs to pull his finger out and show some leadership.

He'll resign in the next 12 months or be a one-term president, as planned by the Democrats all along: Usher in Biden and eventually replace him with Kamala or someone else.
He is weak, indecisive, irrational. His beliefs (to the public) go where the wind blows.
America needs a strong, decisive and confident leader. A man, perhaps – a good orator – in his late thirties to early forties.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

lambrini wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:20 pm

He'll resign in the next 12 months or be a one-term president, as planned by the Democrats all along: Usher in Biden and eventually replace him with Kamala or someone else.
He is weak, indecisive, irrational. His beliefs (to the public) go where the wind blows.
America needs a strong, decisive and confident leader. A man, perhaps – a good orator – in his late thirties to early forties.
Can't see him resigning unless something awful happens. I agree I can't see him running again.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Latest NBC News poll shows 25 percent approve of Biden’s handling of Afghanistan, while 60 percent disapprove.
There's no poem, just prose.