Canadian election

In-depth debate on all topical issues
theleader82

Canadian election

Post by theleader82 »

Looking forward to the election. I heard trudeau is behind in the polls and there’s a good chance the conservatives will get back in . People are fed up with their covid policies and liberal immigration policies
Man U and rangers

The Tick

Re: Canadian election

Post by The Tick »

Immigration isn't much of a hot potato in Canadian politics

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58389802

subsub

Post by subsub »

theleader82 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:01 pm People are fed up with their covid policies and liberal immigration policies
By "people", do you mean you?
WOKE AND PROUD

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Didn’t even know there were elections taking place in Canada. Why really would anyone here be interested in them? Immigration perhaps? From what I know, Canada’s a happy integrated nation which with the exception of it being a vast tundra is a good place to live.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

theleader82 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:01 pm Looking forward to the election. I heard trudeau is behind in the polls and there’s a good chance the conservatives will get back in . People are fed up with their covid policies and liberal immigration policies
Paolo might be getting nervous :)
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

He does this regularly.
Told us about the likely success of the Front Nationale in France and a few weeks later they were comprehensively defeated. I think mentioned Austria, where the nasty party is in disarray after its leader found guilty of corruption. Not looking good for the AFD either.
In Canada the current projection is for Trudeau to be returned, but without on overall majority, but looking very likely to be able to form a coalition.
BTW our family in Canada are mystified by the idea that people don't like how they dealt with Covid. I think he means HE didn't like it...much like here , despite the noisy protests, every poll shows broad public support for what was done.
Next it will be white flight from Canada...
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

subsub

Post by subsub »

Sadact7 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:07 pm
theleader82 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:01 pm Looking forward to the election. I heard trudeau is behind in the polls and there’s a good chance the conservatives will get back in . People are fed up with their covid policies and liberal immigration policies
Paolo might be getting nervous :)
:lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Hillman avenger wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:39 pm He does this regularly.
Told us about the likely success of the Front Nationale in France and a few weeks later they were comprehensively defeated. I think mentioned Austria, where the nasty party is in disarray after its leader found guilty of corruption. Not looking good for the AFD either.
In Canada the current projection is for Trudeau to be returned, but without on overall majority, but looking very likely to be able to form a coalition.
BTW our family in Canada are mystified by the idea that people don't like how they dealt with Covid. I think he means HE didn't like it...much like here , despite the noisy protests, every poll shows broad public support for what was done.
Next it will be white flight from Canada...
Not sure if you’ve noticed but he has for years been proclaiming Australia and New Zealand as favoured nations for white people from here who have had a gutful of the changing ethnicity of our cities and the decline of the high street because diversity has meant that ‘these people’ don’t go to conventional stores. Well everyone wanted to go to those countries but because of New Zealand’s female, liberal PM and Australia in perpetual lockdown, suddenly white flight has halted.

Perhaps, people are clambering to go from the council estates to somewhere rather more attractive like Afghanistan or Wales.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

theleader82 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:01 pm Looking forward to the election.
Why?

PG30

Post by PG30 »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:15 pm
Why?
The exact opposite reason to why he’s dreading the Brazilian or Hungarian elections

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

PG30 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:26 am
Sid Pervcat wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:15 pm
Why?
The exact opposite reason to why he’s dreading the Brazilian or Hungarian elections
🤣

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Would be funny if Trudeau got voted out. I'm not really bothered about his politics - as a man he is an absolute weapon.

Always thought the blacking up is the tip of the iceberg where he's concerned.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Off at a tangent ...
how is it that hereditary privilege is only a bad thing when it's Dukes and Earls, but passes without comment when it's the Trudeaux, Kennedys, Foots, Churchills, Redgraves, Allens, McCartneys and Jaggers?
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

JimmyDee wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:08 pm Off at a tangent ...
how is it that hereditary privilege is only a bad thing when it's Dukes and Earls, but passes without comment when it's the Trudeaux, Kennedys, Foots, Churchills, Redgraves, Allens, McCartneys and Jaggers?
Nepotism in all its forms is generally frowned upon and mocked by modern society.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JimmyDee wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:08 pm Off at a tangent ...
Err the Bushes and Clintons too?