The tS2 appreciation thread

The place to discuss the TalkSPORT2 station
Boris the Spider

Re: The tS2 appreciation thread

Post by Boris the Spider »

Only posting here as Wathman has been the last person to post here for almost 6 weeks and was fed up with seeing his name every day on the board index. Sorry Tone! Never listened to it, but expect (in a completely judgemental and arbitrary fashion) that it is utter drivel. :rolleyes:
When a shtroke shtrikes.....

Mr Sheen shines in sheconds.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

ccreds wrote:
Lou Grant wrote:The racing show has been axed. tS2 has failed to gain rights to further racing commentaries and so they decided there was no reason to have a weekly racing show.
That's a bugger I though they did a good job with it.
Bit of a podcast from Talksport, not on Talksport 2 though.
talkSPORT @talkSPORT

The Racing Club with @mcraces & @rupertbell returns with a season preview. Guests include @sevenbarrows, @MCYeeehaaa tlks.pt/Dnikpg pic.twitter.com/rTuVbEk2z1

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

ccreds wrote:
ccreds wrote:
Lou Grant wrote:The racing show has been axed. tS2 has failed to gain rights to further racing commentaries and so they decided there was no reason to have a weekly racing show.
That's a bugger I though they did a good job with it.
Bit of a podcast from Talksport, not on Talksport 2 though.
talkSPORT @talkSPORT

The Racing Club with @mcraces & @rupertbell returns with a season preview. Guests include @sevenbarrows, @MCYeeehaaa tlks.pt/Dnikpg pic.twitter.com/rTuVbEk2z1
Correction.

It was on Talksport 2 last night so looks like its back!

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

No weekly show btw.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

I had this station on in the car for a little while the other day. It seems that part of the schedule is edited versions of Talksport shows, is that correct?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Correct. Less ads, they chop some of the waffle. Better way to listen most of the time, unless you MUST BE LIVE
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

On the first time it was Goldstein so it was still 100% waffle, plus interjections.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

tS2 is a year old next week. I used to listen to it loads when it first started, but they have cut most of the original content and now largely broadcast repeats of shows from the main station and endless La Liga football.

They used to do all the ATP tennis tournaments as well as having a decent weekly tennis show. All that has been completely dumped. Not sure if they still have their weekly cricket show? I think they are going to do the IPL again this year though.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

I'm too lazy to check out, but I may well have to as I doubt anyone reads or even posts in here but ;

Does TS2 have a separate Sports Breakfast, Drive etc? As in, actual shows hosted by the likes of Stubbs, Hargreaves, Ben Fletcher, Anne-Drew etc? Or is it just live commentary on some shitey cricket, rugby, speedway competition and then the best of Sporting Life, Sports Brekkie, talkSPORT programming in between?
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Octavio

Post by Octavio »

kevin04 wrote:I'm too lazy to check out, but I may well have to as I doubt anyone reads or even posts in here but ;

Does TS2 have a separate Sports Breakfast, Drive etc? As in, actual shows hosted by the likes of Stubbs, Hargreaves, Ben Fletcher, Anne-Drew etc? Or is it just live commentary on some shitey cricket, rugby, speedway competition and then the best of Sporting Life, Sports Brekkie, talkSPORT programming in between?

Listened to bits of it this week as Boozil/JWOTS etc have become unbearable.

The breakfast show is hosted by Russ Hargreaves (seems decent) and it mainly consists of him linking to repeats of earlier interviews and clips with a bit of original content thrown in. It's not bad although it can be pretty repetitive at times. If you listened to TS in the previous 24 hours I wouldn't bother.

After that a 2 hour version of Satin's show from the previous evening so utter shite. They trail a Ray Stubbs show that is on in the afternoon - not heard that but Ray is a good, solid pro so would probably be ok if a little beige.

Heard a few commentaries from Dants in the evening, Europa and League cup stuff the other week featuring people who seem to have disappeared from TS and moved to TS2 (Dants, Gabbidon, Alvin etc) which were decent.

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

I woke up early and talksport was putting on some shite American football or some shite. I turned to ts2 and I was presented with ray Stubbs talking about how Scotland could still make it through to the next round even though the game had already been played and Scotland were fucking out again.

Absolutely fucking useless.
Imagine a vaccine so safe you have to blackmailed into taking it, for a virus so deadly you have to be tested to know if you have it.

The Doctor Is In

Post by The Doctor Is In »

The EFL coverage is good and the NFL coverage is just the old BBC team but with adverts.
Peace and Love

Octavio

Post by Octavio »

Pretty much given up with ts except for H & J, so been listening to ts2 a lot more lately and it ain't bad at all.

Breakfast show with Russ Hargreaves is generally good.

The repeat of Stain's show at 10 - 12 has thankfully been binned and they have a new show with Tom Rennie (no idea) and Mark Webster (many of you will recognise his voice). It's ok but certainly a million times better than JWOTS.

Midday 'til 1 is some sort of free for all with a few bods (sound like the podcasting type) talking about all sorts. Quite like this as well.

Stubbs has the afternoon slot - decent but be warned he has different guest co-presenters, today was the horror that is McKenna.

On right now is 'The 72' which is excellent as is the 'European Football Show' which is on this time tomorrow.

Commentaries also good as Matterface doesn't make many/any appearances.

All in all, pretty good, so needless to say I'll be back on here in a couple of months calling it all a crock of shite.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Who listens to Real Valencia vs Real Betis? Surely there must be something more interesting to broadcast on national radio.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Simon Holt joins Lee McKenzie for racing from Ascot then followed by Darts later on.