What TV series should I watch?

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
colinthewarriormonkey

What TV series should I watch?

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Always on the lookout for good recommendations.

Stuff I've watch so far and enjoyed

Walking Dead
Goliath
Man in the High Castle
Narcos
Breaking Bad
Blacklist

So anything in that sort of Vein that anyone would recommend. I got bored of Homeland and gave up, I also got bored of house of cards after about 2 episodes.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: What TV series should I watch?

Post by Basualdo »

Orphan Black was good, the first series anyway.
A BBCAmerica production set in Toronto, available on Netflix.

A London born girl who has been brought up with her rent boy brother in Canada by her adopted mother, is on the skids. Shes an single mother and has ripped off her drug dealer boyfriend who is after her so shes reduced to petty theft and hustling...so far, so so fucking dreary BB fucking C, but stick with it.
Shes in a Toronto subway station, pickpocketing when she sees a well dressed girl who looks just like her, commit suicide by stepping in front of a train. While the crowd are horror struck and trying to do what they can to help, she snatches the dead girls handbag off the platform where it was dropped and runs off with it. When rifling through it for cash and credit cards she sees the dead girls ID, not only does she look exactly the same but she is also a Toronto PD detective. Is this a chance of escape for the girl?

Im surprised the BBC havent shown it here yet. Probably cant find a slot on BBC1 for it among their right on preaching soaps, fixed talent shows, faux charity begging and fucking bakery competitions.
It would sit perfect on BBC2 though.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

I'm enjoying Black Sails at the merment.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Oh Stranger Things!!
How the fuck could I have forgotten Stranger Things?!*

Youll think its 1983 again, but not in an ironic way.
Every 80s sci fi and horror trope is deliberately and lovingly referenced right down to the font on the credits.
But its played absolutely straight, no funny stuff. It could easily have been too arch and knowing but it certainly isnt.
And scary and suspenseful too.
The wee girl in it is astonishingly good.
On Netflix also.
Highly recommend it.

A kid goes missing in a small rural Indiana town which is beside a US weapons testing facility.
You figure it out.

* Very easily, it seems.

Edited due to shit memory and illiteracy.
Proud Gammon

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Stranger Things.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

carcinogen wrote:Stranger Things.
What did I put then ?

Oh, :oops:

No wonder I forgot it :lol:
Proud Gammon

colinthewarriormonkey

Basualdo wrote:Orphan Black was good, the first series anyway.

A London born girl who has been brought up with her rent boy brother in Canada by her adopted mother, is on the skids. Shes an single mother and has ripped off her drug dealer boyfriend who is after her so shes reduced to petty theft and hustling...so far, so so fucking dreary BB fucking C, but stick with it.
Shes in a Toronto subway station, pickpocketing when she sees a well dressed girl who looks just like her, commit suicide by stepping in front of a train. While the crowd are horror struck and trying to do what they can to help, she snatches the dead girls handbag off the platform where it was dropped and runs off with it. When rifling through it for cash and credit cards she sees the dead girls ID, not only does she look exactly the same but she is also a Toronto PD detective. Is this a chance of escape for the girl?

Im surprised the BBC havent shown it here yet. Probably cant find a slot on BBC1 for it among their right on preaching soaps, fixed talent shows, faux charity begging and fucking bakery competitions.
I started watching it, thought it was OK then it kind of slipped off my radar. - might give it another go.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

colinthewarriormonkey

Basualdo wrote:Oh Stranger Things!!

Every 80s sci fi and horror trope is deliberately and lovingly referenced right down to the font on the credits.
But its played absolutely straight, no funny stuff. It could easily have been too arch and knowing but it certainly isnt.
On Netflix also.
Highly recommend it.

A kid goes missing in a small rural Indiana town which is beside a US weapons testing facility.
You figure it out.

* Very easily, it seems.

I've seen that - fucking brilliant even the opening credits with the 80's sci fi music.

That little girl is an astonishing actress.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:
Basualdo wrote:Orphan Black was good, the first series anyway.

I started watching it, thought it was OK then it kind of slipped off my radar. - might give it another go.
Did you get as far as the 'soccer mom'?

Oddly very arousing...to me anyway.

One ruthless fucking bitch I wouldnt get on the wrong side of.
Proud Gammon

colinthewarriormonkey

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:
Basualdo wrote:Oh Stranger Things!!

On Netflix also.
Highly recommend it.

You figure it out.

* Very easily, it seems.

I've seen that - fucking brilliant even the opening credits with the 80's sci fi music.

That little girl is an astonishing actress.
No, I didn't get that far.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

Suhari

Post by Suhari »

Haven't watched a TV show in earnest for years. Breaking Bad was the last one (started into it sometime after it ended).

Bored as fuck the other evening, put "The Last Man on Earth" on Showbox. Watched the first two and switched off.

Reminded me why I don't watch TV shows.

Really want to find something though.
I might have done one - not sure but possible.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

baskets

“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

London Spy. I have a thing for Ben Whishaw, so I may be biased. Good performances from Charlotte Rampling and Jim Broadbent (obviously).

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Bloodline Series 1 only. Amazing cast. Sissey Spacek, Sam Shepard and the fucking brilliant Ben Mendelsohn.

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Rectify
Damages
The Wire

Line of Duty (midway through S4 on BBC right now but first three series are addictive)
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!