Freedom of Movement

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Re: Freedom of Movement

Post by Royal24s »

Actually, didn't you give an example of some stupid bastard standing in the wood chipper ?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

I had to google 'ontic' :|

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Royal24s wrote:
carcinogen wrote:
Royal24s wrote: They are on average far better educated than our own youngsters

That's quite a bold statement. Backed-up by zero evidence.

What would you like, a graph or something ?

Er, yes. Although, I suppose I'd settle for some more anecdotal evidence. For example, the Albanian youngsters that hang around Norwich City Centre don't seem particularly educated to me. I'd even go as far as to say they appear to be drug dealers with a distinct air of menace about them. But then again, they may just be passing the time and are in fact all trained dentists.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

rorymac wrote:I had to google 'ontic' :|

Very big issue for me actually. It's the opposite to subjective reality and morality and it'd be a great thread but I've tried explaining to Hillman before and I might as well have asked a chimp whether he'd seen the football results .
Quite seriously though, philosophy is one of the things which disappeared from public education with the introduction of comprehensive "education" and degrees you get by saving tokens from the back of rice crispy packets. Hardly the fault of the victims of this system of course, but they're much more familiar with transgender issues and alleged climate change than they are with more important matters.
Of course they haven't saboutaged their kids education in these former eastern bloc countries and so they're usually more clued in.
We end up with people who can't change the plug on a toaster and ,being disarmed of proper education, they are unable to distinguish between logical practical ways of doing things and the vague unworkable theories you'll see a lot of them arguing for in here.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

carcinogen wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
carcinogen wrote:
Royal24s wrote: They are on average far better educated than our own youngsters

That's quite a bold statement. Backed-up by zero evidence.

What would you like, a graph or something ?

Er, yes. Although, I suppose I'd settle for some more anecdotal evidence. For example, the Albanian youngsters that hang around Norwich City Centre don't seem particularly educated to me. I'd even go as far as to say they appear to be drug dealers with a distinct air of menace about them. But then again, they may just be passing the time and are in fact all trained dentists.

You'd probably find that half of them are really Russian, but be that as it may, I'm afraid they've got their share of areseholes just like anyone else ,which is probably our fault for allowing it here. I was speaking in general and the bottom line is that I end up having to employ them because I can't get enough English kids who are up to a proper days work.
This is the test, isn't it ?

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Not the Albanian drug dealers

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

I'd be interested to know if you have a favourite philosopher Royals ?
I only have a smattering tbf but so far it's Karl Jung for me in regards of he saved my life to be dramatic but true !
I like that guy Jordan Peterson too just now.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

I'd be careful of Jung in some ways actually . I'm more a Thomas Aquinas man myself, but of course we all like to argue the toss about this don't we ?
It's both great fun and the road to the mental asylum at the same time.
Some philosophers I consider to be actually evil , or at least what they say is evil, ( since I just bigged Thomas up and he made a big thing of humans being incapable of innate evil).
I'd class Bertrand Russell as one if those and in fact it's that school of thought which had led us to the fucking great mess we find ourself in today.
In short I'd say it's all about subjective versus objective realities and moralities.
Do you think it's worth starting a thread ?

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

I'd be glad to read such a thread although I can't say arguing the toss is much fun for myself personally. Actually not !! arguing the toss keeps me relatively sane :o
But hey 'Wonder is the desire for knowledge' Aquinas.

Oh also 'To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible'. How true is that one tbf

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

rorymac wrote:I'd be glad to read such a thread although I can't say arguing the toss is much fun for myself personally. Actually not !! arguing the toss keeps me relatively sane :o
But hey 'Wonder is the desire for knowledge' Aquinas.

Oh also 'To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible'. How true is that one tbf

It'd be an ambitious project here alright, but I'll think how I could introduce it.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Yeah did that, but now all the fucktards are going to start screeching at me about it.