What TV series should I watch?

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
deisegirl

Re: What TV series should I watch?

Post by deisegirl »

Basualdo wrote:
deisegirl wrote:Finished The Deuce today. So grim but I found it compelling.

Watched a few episodes of the new series of Stranger Things. Not really bothered to finish it.

The Deuce is great, isnt it. I wouldnt say grim though, gritty maybe. Definitely compelling. I'm only 6 episodes in but I'm glad that Maggie Gyllenhaal has finally moved past the lingering self loathing looks in the mirror with fag in mouth that seemed to happen every 5 minutes.

You should have stuck with Stranger Things if just to see the now infamous clusterfuck that is episode 7. Truly a "what the fuck is this shit?" moment.
Remember that really funny Hitler/Downfall vid of 'Ronnie Irani gets into the Talksport editing suite' on Youtube?
Well they must have let Irani all over that episode, script, editing, design, direction, everything.

Apart from that it wasnt bad, nowhere near as good as the first series and I fear series 3 will be a disaster.
Someone on reddit said of this series that they would maybe give it a 'B' but episode 7 drags it down to a 'C' or 'C-'.

I didn't think the first series of Stranger Things was that great (I know I'm in the minority there) but I thought I'd give it a second chance and watch some of the second series but thought that was even worse.
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

kancutlawns wrote:
theleader82 wrote:I was thinking of watching peaky blinders. Is it worth getting into? I know there been a couple of series

Listen to the Sports Breakfast and avoid the middle man.

I want to get one of those peaky blinder hats
Man U and rangers

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

What are they like?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Binged The Sinner on Netflix. Pretty good and only 8 episodes so easy enough to work through
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

carcinogen wrote:I haven't seen it myself, but I've heard very good things about 'Mindhunter'.

Up to episode 7. Fucking excellent. It's like the X-files, but set in the late 70s and not sci-fi but about the FBI starting to use profiling to hunt-down serial killers.

First class shit. I kid you not. 8/10.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Zambo wrote:Image

Man U and rangers

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Back tonight
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

This new series of Mr Robot is really grabbing me by the balls, last weeks episode was spectacular TV.......my one reservation is this could turn into some time travelling sci-fi codswallop, they have certainly dropped enough hints about it heading in that direction.....but in the meantime I'm enjoying the ride.
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Basualdo wrote:

The Deuce is great, isnt it. I wouldnt say grim though, gritty maybe. Definitely compelling. I'm only 6 episodes in but I'm glad that Maggie Gyllenhaal has finally moved past the lingering self loathing looks in the mirror with fag in mouth that seemed to happen every 5 minutes.

I'm still not sure what to make of The Deuce........I looked forward to watching it, I enjoyed watching it, it had a great cast and it re-created the scuzzy side of 1970's New York brilliantly.........but ffs nothing happened! It was all world building and character development and zero fucking plot........I think if this had been written by someone other than David Simon it would have got a harder time off the critics.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

lasharoo wrote:
Basualdo wrote:

I'm still not sure what to make of The Deuce........I looked forward to watching it, I enjoyed watching it, it had a great cast and it re-created the scuzzy side of 1970's New York brilliantly.........but ffs nothing happened! It was all world building and character development and zero fucking plot........I think if this had been written by someone other than David Simon it would have got a harder time off the critics.

Yeah it was glacially slow, but still very enjoyable.
My favourite characters were Stretch, the giant diner owner - who settled Reggie Love's hash, Rudy Popilo the happy mobster and Bobby the brother in law.

And that blonde housewife from Virginia Beach in the last episode was hot as fuck!
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

lasharoo wrote:This new series of Mr Robot is really grabbing me by the balls

I watched the first one of the new series and gave up. Then I gave it another go. So glad I did. Enjoying it.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Basualdo wrote:And that blonde housewife from Virginia Beach in the last episode was hot as fuck!

:wnk: :)

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

carcinogen wrote:
lasharoo wrote:This new series of Mr Robot is really grabbing me by the balls

I watched the first one of the new series and gave up. Then I gave it another go. So glad I did. Enjoying it.

This series just gets better as it goes on imo Carc, you made the right call to stick with it.

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Basualdo wrote:
lasharoo wrote:
Basualdo wrote:

Yeah it was glacially slow, but still very enjoyable.
My favourite characters were Stretch, the giant diner owner - who settled Reggie Love's hash, Rudy Popilo the happy mobster and Bobby the brother in law.

And that blonde housewife from Virginia Beach in the last episode was hot as fuck!

Totally agree with Lash's assessment.

It took me about 4 episodes before I realised Stretch was Slim Charles and Reggie wasn't Ice Cube.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...