The Greatest President

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

The Greatest President

Post by Royal24s »

It's an exciting time for the people of Britain as we tread boldly onto the world stage again as a truly independent nation backed by the popular democratic vote which has presented this marvellous opportunity.

The universal mood of jubilation as we leave the EU behind risks missing an equally fantastic achievement over the Atlantic , where President Donald Trump goes from strength to strength in popularity and solid achievement. Many have called him the new Washington or Lincoln, but does it go beyond that ?

It could be argued that he is actually the greatest President ever to hold office, as indeed many are saying.
What do you consider to be his greatest achievements so far , and how should they be recognised ? Inclusion at Mount Rushmore seems certain, but how else should he be honoured and recognised - perhaps some new award or title ?

As the leader of the free world , and the man so many in this country look to for their inspiration, what about a statue in Parliament Square or an honourary knighthood ?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Lou Grant

Re: The Greatest President

Post by Lou Grant »

He drinks eight cans of coke a day and can burp the national anthem. Although if it wasn't cruel, you could probably also train a monkey to do that.

Making his inherited fortune disappear was a cool trick though. I'd like to see David Copperfield do that one to the Trump standard.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Dare I say it, but Royals is being ironic.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Um..... No, not really. Bit provocative maybe , but in a good way.
Contraversial shall we say ?

I do think he's achieved more already than anyone since Ronald Regan though, and people do appreciate that I think, so it's a serious idea to mark this high point in real representation somehow.
It's hard to accept that a new idea is dynamically better than what you're used to - I can remember older people constantly complaining about the Beatles and saying they were rubbish compared to the old matinee stars they were used to, and yet now there is apparently an airport named after one of them .

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Yeah right
And here is a list of what he has achieved, apart from sowing division in the United States and encouraging racists.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:Yeah right
And here is a list of what he has achieved, apart from sowing division in the United States and encouraging racists.

Oh come on !
If he was a racist he wouldn't have been knocking about with that Yoko Ono would he.
He wrote a lot if those songs himself, without any input from Paul McCartney - they just used to take joint credit when they published apparently.
After the whole thing broke up he did write some anti Vietnam stuff, but whether that's sowing division or not is very arguable. I'd call it legitimate protest .
You can still listen to your old 78s and enjoy them Hillman - no one is taking anything away from Nelson Eddy or Conway Twitty, but you can't ignore great achievements just because they're not to your tastes.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

0/10
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

8 tins of coke and burgers daily. Not the diet you would recommend to a man in his 70s.
Must have the constitution and indestructibility of Alan Brazil.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Here are some of my favorites Smartest Thomas Jefferson Though he hated Britain . Best friend to Britain FDR Most Colourful and exiting President Teddy Roosevelt....Not half as bad as he was made out to be Nixon... Mean Motherfucker Andrew Jackson.
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

pugsly

Post by pugsly »

Wooden teeth Washington