Alfie Evans

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Eaststand

Re: Alfie Evans

Post by Eaststand »

I'm from Hull which was basically a norse outpost, so there might be some truth to that!
Build Back More Betterer

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Eaststand wrote:
Royal24s wrote:Hillman: they don't CLAIM restricting the right to bear arms contravenes the Constitution. It DOES contravene the Constitution .
- you sound like the BBC.

You know that was initially only intended for militia, right? The NRA lobbied to get it changed for regular folk in the 80s.

Puts a slightly different slant on it, doesnt it?

Not just a militia, “a well regulated militia”.

It definitely doesn’t say - Anyone, no matter how barking mad, must be allowed to stockpile as many weapons as they like with no regulations.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Eaststand wrote:I'm from Hull which was basically a norse outpost, so there might be some truth to that!

I think there is you know. I can tell.
You'd be bound to have some Norman ( northman) blood if your family originates in some part at least around Hull. Maybe Dane because it was mainly a Danish area but plenty of other Northmen there too.
In fact there are few people without some blood but it's so thin in most of them you'd never know. You're obviously cleverer than most people here and I don't naturally disrespect like I do most people so there's something there.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".