Christian O'Connell

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
beingsoblase

Christian O'Connell

Post by beingsoblase »

Announced this morning he is leaving the absolute breakfast show, bit gutted about this as I've felt for a long time its the only radio show at that time i could happily listen to.

Oh dear god, i may have to venture back into the Alan Brazil sorts breakfast.......
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

kancutlawns

Re: Christian O'Connell

Post by kancutlawns »

I used to listen to him daily from 2009 - 2010 as had enough of the Spaws Brepfuss. Thought he was quite good, just dip in and out these days. Where's he going, surely not to the graveyard of once decent presenters i.e. 5Live or Radio 2.

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Not sure, he hasn't actually said where he's moving on to, i suspect it may be writing books, as he has had two published that have done quite well.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

beingsoblase wrote:Not sure, he hasn't actually said where he's moving on to, i suspect it may be writing books, as he has had two published that have done quite well.

They'd have to be worldwide and long term bestsellers to be lucrative enough to beat an established national radio gig.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

He's a cunt

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

The whole station is tripe imo and that bloke reminds me of Andy Goldstein .. I am sorry if folks will miss him though tbf or summink :? :cry:

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

If I do listen to the radio these days it's Absolute.

Sorry to hear O'Connell is going, he decent the 15 minutes or so I hear.him in the morning.

Wish to fuck Absolute would get rid of that utter wank hammer that's on their drive time show Dave Berry?
A joyless arsehole.

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

shabbado wrote:If I do listen to the radio these days it's Absolute.

Sorry to hear O'Connell is going, he decent the 15 minutes or so I hear.him in the morning.

Wish to fuck Absolute would get rid of that utter wank hammer that's on their drive time show Dave Berry?

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear.

Yep its Dave berry. And as i feared this is now the oasis/liam Gallagher fan club breakfast. We're on day 3 of talking to hilarious noel, wanted to give this a chance but every time i switch on i hear noel fucking Gallagher telling an amusing sweary anecdote.

Click off.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I preferred O’Connell to Moyles on radio x. i prwfer ricky, melvin and charley to moyles
Man U and rangers

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

O'Connell doing the breakfast show for Gold FM in Melbourne. Their profile isn't anywhere near as big so you'd think his decision to go to Oz was a lifestyle one.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

COC
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Listening to Dave Berry again this morning, yes MORE noel Gallagher in interview, but overall i did enjoy the show this morning.
I think with me, i want a brekky show to play music and make me laugh, if i wanted to hear someone plugging their latest album/t v prog/book there's alway radio 2 or BBC breakfast.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

beingsoblase wrote:Listening to Dave Berry again this morning, yes MORE noel Gallagher in interview, but overall i did enjoy the show this morning.
I think with me, i want a brekky show to play music and make me laugh, if i wanted to hear someone plugging their latest album/t v prog/book there's alway radio 2 or BBC breakfast.

Fairly sure Berry got the gig on the basis of being a
mate of Noels

There's zero other reason.
A joyless arsehole.

The Doctor Is In

Post by The Doctor Is In »

Yeah, OC was one of those media twats who couldn't accept the settled will of the UK populace over Brexit so the cunt decided to head off to Australia.

Even more gutting that Richie will be teaming up with that talentless Bush for drivetime.
Peace and Love

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Noel Gallagher interview again.
It's only been a couple of weeks i suppose, i am beginning to struggle with this show now, been George Ezra heavy today and he's coming in for an interview and some live stuff, this is really beginning to turn into a Chris Evans radio 2 type show, all it needs is some smug person interviewing boring amateur athletes and its there.