World Cup General Stuff

Shedboy

Re: World Cup General Stuff

Post by Shedboy »

When does the hooliganism start?

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Given the events of Marseille, it wasn't unreasonable to think, three months ago, that English fans would be the target of organised attacks. It would seem, though, that Putin's put the word out that he'll personally take a very dim view of anything like that. That's one of the few good things about dictatorships; you can make things happen.

= = = =

It was interesting to read of the friendliness shown to the Egyptian fans by ordinary Russian fans after the game last night. Imagine England under the same circumstances; all the jeering, mockery and crowing.
Last edited by JimmyDee on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

JimmyDee wrote:That's one of the few good things about dictatorships; you can make things happen.

Like decide who comes into your country.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:Like decide who comes into your country.
Yeah, but they let Adrian and the Chimp in, so that's a bad example :-)

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JimmyDee wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:Like decide who comes into your country.
Yeah, but they let Adrian and the Chimp in, so that's a bad example :-)

The chimp went back home within 48 hours and before the tournament started yet having spent much of the time on the underground, in a museum and a pub for expats, thought he was an authority on the law and order situation, the vibe on the street and pretty much anything to do with St Petersburg and the World Cup.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... image.html

Brown Sugar ???? Just like a Geezer should .
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

At least the old spiv is telling them all to wind their necks in.
Not the usual grovelling apology and whinging about being misunderstood or taken out of context.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

kancutlawns wrote:The chimp went back home within 48 hours and before the tournament started yet having spent much of the time on the underground, in a museum and a pub for expats, thought he was an authority on the law and order situation, the vibe on the street and pretty much anything to do with St Petersburg and the World Cup.
I bet he's got some fascinating insights into various far-flung parts of the Empire from his touring days. "In India, Hade, they'd never 'eard o' teabags! Imagine! Never 'eard of 'em!"

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

JimmyDee wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:The chimp went back home within 48 hours and before the tournament started yet having spent much of the time on the underground, in a museum and a pub for expats, thought he was an authority on the law and order situation, the vibe on the street and pretty much anything to do with St Petersburg and the World Cup.
I bet he's got some fascinating insights into various far-flung parts of the Empire from his touring days. "In India, Hade, they'd never 'eard o' teabags! Imagine! Never 'eard of 'em!"

"They shit in the street, H'ade, in the fooking street! Eee, it made me right 'omesick fer Barnsley, it did."
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

JimmyDee wrote:

Ha. Did he take some good old British Yorkshire tea? Love a masala chai myself, though can know by similar in teabags and even in that Starbucks as chai tea latte.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The End

Post by The End »

kancutlawns wrote:I beg to differ with the "on form" argument that Portugal would beat Russia on the following basis:
1. Russia have played twice and Portugal just once.
2. Russia have won their first two group matches which has not been done since Germany in 2006.
3. Russia have scored eight goals and conceded just one in their first two matches which is the best opening record in WCF history.
4. Portugal have drawn their only match so far, regardless of the qualification.
5. Portugal are clearly a one man team whilst Russia have scored goals from different sources.
6. Russia were roundly ridiculed and written off by all and sundry and are a very low ranked side.
7. Arsene Wenger is to blame.

Sorry End-o, I'm not being awkward but feel I have strong grounds to counter your argument. Let's get some debate! :)

Russia haven't got Ronaldo.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

"On your period? Stick a Tampax up your fanny and enjoy the FIFA World Cup with total peace of mind!"

I'd forgotten what torture it is that EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ADVERT mentions the WC :x
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

subsub

Post by subsub »

lasharoo wrote:"On your period? Stick a Tampax up your fanny and enjoy the FIFA World Cup with total peace of mind!"

I'd forgotten what torture it is that EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ADVERT mentions the WC :x

In fairness, they used to advertise Tampax with a load of girls playing football on the beach, and that was about 20 years ago!
WOKE AND PROUD

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

subsub wrote:
lasharoo wrote:"On your period? Stick a Tampax up your fanny and enjoy the FIFA World Cup with total peace of mind!"

In fairness, they used to advertise Tampax with a load of girls playing football on the beach, and that was about 20 years ago!

And do they work?
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

subsub

Post by subsub »

lasharoo wrote:
subsub wrote:

And do they work?

The adverts? Well, they never convinced me to buy any…
WOKE AND PROUD