SF2: CROATIA V ENGLAND

Jonathan

Re: SF2: CROATIA V ENGLAND

Post by Jonathan »

Time for the blame game now.
World class best young defender in Europe John Stones fucking asleep for their goal. :rolleyes:

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Think of the broadcasters and their "Once more unto the breech...Follow your spirit, and upon this charge cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!" Henry V' segments already filmed/scheduled for the final v the French.

Aww, need some creativity now, chaps.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

subsub

Post by subsub »

Carlos J wrote:Think of the broadcasters and their "Once more unto the breech...Follow your spirit, and upon this charge cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!" Henry V' segments already filmed/scheduled for the final v the French.

Aww, need some creativity now, chaps.

:lol:

Indeed, Carlos. A pity that the anti-England mob didn't realise that the "it's coming home" stuff was a bit of a pisstake that only got a bit of momentum once we started progressing through the knockout stages. It's been a good tournament for England who played pretty well throughout and were knocked out by a better team. Simple as that, really.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Have waited until the next morning to allow emotions to settle before commenting, but this can be summarised in relatively few words. It's an opinion, like any other posters opinion (i.e what they think from what they have seen). It doesn't mean I'm a thick ignorant plank, or any of the other 'niceties' expressed last night, because some dared to post an opinion which others didn't agree with.

The only players to come out of this tournament with real credit were Pickford and Maguire, the rest were either shite or at best ordinary.

Sterling is not a striker, if you pick him he has to play wide, so whilst there is little excuse for some of his crapness, Southgate must shoulder the majority of the blame for this ridiculous selection/tactic.

If you haven't got the quality in the squad, playing three across the back is suicidal.

No creativity in midfield will catch up with you in the end, and we only got as far as we did because the opposition was either poor or mediocre.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Jonathan wrote:Time for the blame game now.
World class best young defender in Europe John Stones fucking asleep for their goal. :rolleyes:

:lol:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Zambo wrote:Have waited until the next morning to allow emotions to settle before commenting, but this can be summarised in relatively few words. It's an opinion, like any other posters opinion (i.e what they think from what they have seen). It doesn't mean I'm a thick ignorant plank, or any of the other 'niceties' expressed last night, because some dared to post an opinion which others didn't agree with.

The only players to come out of this tournament with real credit were Pickford and Maguire, the rest were either shite or at best ordinary.

Sterling is not a striker, if you pick him he has to play wide, so whilst there is little excuse for some of his crapness, Southgate must shoulder the majority of the blame for this ridiculous selection/tactic.

If you haven't got the quality in the squad, playing three across the back is suicidal.

No creativity in midfield will catch up with you in the end, and we only got as far as we did because the opposition was either poor or mediocre.

A very sensible assessment, Zam.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Zambo wrote:Have waited until the next morning to allow emotions to settle before commenting, but this can be summarised in relatively few words. It's an opinion, like any other posters opinion (i.e what they think from what they have seen). It doesn't mean I'm a thick ignorant plank, or any of the other 'niceties' expressed last night, because some dared to post an opinion which others didn't agree with.

Excellent post.

I'd add Trippier to that list though. The rest were piss poor, fuck knows what Rashford actually does.

Managed to bluff our way through with the easiest draw ever, play a half decent side and we saw how good we are, which is poor. one shot in 120 minutes and no penetration whatsoever. Fucking awful.

Losing isnt bad, losing badly is bad. And thats what we did.
Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Eaststand wrote:

Excellent post.

I'd add Trippier to that list though. The rest were piss poor, fuck knows what Rashford actually does.

Managed to bluff our way through with the easiest draw ever, play a half decent side and we saw how good we are, which is poor. one shot in 120 minutes and no penetration whatsoever. Fucking awful.

Losing isnt bad, losing badly is bad. And thats what we did.

We didn't lose badly at all. Did you watch the match because from what I see, you didn't as you spent two hours posted angry bile. How you can watch a match avidly and post self flagellating abuse simultaneously is beyond me. Last time I looked, we lost by the odd goal in a World Cup Semi Final to a quality team. You do know that Belgioum were largely ineffective the night before when they went a goal down. Did you wantch that match? Did you watch when other teams like Spain and Brazil went out? How did we bluff ourselves into the easiest draw ever? Are you suggesting we start the tournament from scratch and re draw it so we play the teams that were knocked out the first time around. You're just throwing out ridiculous hyperbole as you did last night.

Not being rude Easty, but I find your anger about England incredibly tiresome and repetitive. Yes, we know from a few weeks back that you think that Southgate is a cunt, England are fucking shite and that we don't have the right to play in a tournament but now we're out can you wind it in? This is a forum, it's not all about you you you and your views are pretty knee-jerk in any case. I'm actually looking forward to Del coming back as it will hopefully drown you out for a change.

Mods, when Derek is back, can you put these two jokers into their own thread and they can post their own disillusioned stuff in their own self contained bliss. Seriously bored by it but what for the rest of us who don't want to be be exposed to this stuff on a match by match basis?

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

You'll never have a better chance than last night.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Yes I watched the match. I watched us panic and shit ourselves from the moment we scored, and let a very ordinary Croatia take control.

As Zambo says, if you have a different opinion, crack on, good for you.
Build Back More Betterer

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

kevin04 wrote:You'll never have a better chance than last night.

Thats whats worse. We blew the only chance we'll ever have.
Build Back More Betterer

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

I blame pickfords haircut
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

No longer the Bridesmaid

All the bert players were utter minge, they've been destroyed by peppington pippington

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Eaststand wrote:Yes I watched the match. I watched us panic and shit ourselves from the moment we scored, and let a very ordinary Croatia take control.

As Zambo says, if you have a different opinion, crack on, good for you.

No you didn't you couldn't have. The match you watched was diametrically opposed to the one a load of us watched unless you had a pre-conceived opinion and just recycled a one size fits all negative critique of England which you used for the previous tournament matches.

We didn't panic at all. A very average Croatia side? That's just a tiny minded Little Englander opinion that replicated by thousands of others who watched the match last night and had almost no clue about.

Easty, one question. What outcome would have changed your mind for England because I get the feeling if we had made it through the final and beaten France, you would have come out with stuff about French commitment, the tournament being the shittest of all time and everyone giving up and wanting to go home.

Just give it up with you. You've been wrong so many time in the last few weeks and having a go at others doesn't do you any service.

Zambo's opinions are sometimes wrong, I think the overriding negativity here is pretty daft.
Last edited by kancutlawns on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Keep going Easto! Don't listen to these naysayers!