What TV series should I watch?

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
kevin04

Re: What TV series should I watch?

Post by kevin04 »

New Curb is excellent. It was in danger of going stale - the last two/three series - and maybe the break did them well, or over-relying on Leon in 7th and 8th ; but this new one is brilliant and really back to its best. That may well be the five year break and missing them, but have not laughed out loud in a long, long time or as much as when watching CYE.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

kevin04 wrote:New Curb is excellent. It was in danger of going stale - the last two/three series - and maybe the break did them well, or over-relying on Leon in 7th and 8th ; but this new one is brilliant and really back to its best. That may well be the five year break and missing them, but have not laughed out loud in a long, long time or as much as when watching CYE.

Funny as fuck. Although I was thinking to myself, it's all a bit Victor Meldrew in LA. haha. For me, it's the supporting cast. Funkhouser's dry delivery has me pissing me pants even before he speaks haha, oh and Richard Lewis is fucking hillarious ... I loved the one where he calls his new squeeze 'honey' ... as for Leon, tear that asshole Larry, rip it open! ha
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

carcinogen wrote:
kevin04 wrote:New Curb is excellent. It was in danger of going stale - the last two/three series - and maybe the break did them well, or over-relying on Leon in 7th and 8th ; but this new one is brilliant and really back to its best. That may well be the five year break and missing them, but have not laughed out loud in a long, long time or as much as when watching CYE.

Funny as fuck. Although I was thinking to myself, it's all a bit Victor Meldrew in LA. haha. For me, it's the supporting cast. Funkhouser's dry delivery has me pissing me pants even before he speaks haha, oh and Richard Lewis is fucking hillarious ... I loved the one where he calls his new squeeze 'honey' ... as for Leon, tear that asshole Larry, rip it open! ha

I like those two the most out of the supporting cast especially Funkhouser with his hoarse throat. ''Richard Lewis : A Life In Pictures'' was superb, Larry ripping in to him.

Ted "Me and Mary are best friends, even more so today now we've split up than when we were together"
LD "That's complete bullshit. 100% bullshit." :lol:
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

I started watching the BBC (and Weinstein produced, I noticed) War and Peace from last year, mainly because it looked really pretty, and God, am I hooked. I might even read the book now. And it does look amazing too.
St. Petersburg looks fucking fantastic too. End-o is lucky to have that place on his doorstep. It suits the present Siberian conditions outside at the minute.
And the Yank actor who plays the main character does a really very good English accent, especially considering hes playing a Russian who speaks French as a first language.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Zambo wrote:Watching all of the seasons of Homeland. My daughter bought me the box with six seasons in it for Christmas. On he last disc of season five. Season 6 to go and am recording season 7.

Don't know how I missed the tv shows first time round.

I do not know either. This a latter and will move over here, Zambo.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:Always on the lookout for good recommendations.

Stuff I've watch so far and enjoyed

Walking Dead
Goliath
Man in the High Castle
Narcos
Breaking Bad
Blacklist

So anything in that sort of Vein that anyone would recommend. I got bored of Homeland and gave up, I also got bored of house of cards after about 2 episodes.

Mad Men (Available on Netflix)
Fargo (Available on Netflix)
The Sopranos
Deadwood
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
You're not alone
I'll wait 'til the end of time
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Watching the documentary series 'The Keepers' on Netflix.
It's hard not to want to kill after watching it.

Bunch of fucking cunt bastards.
Proud Gammon

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

I'm going to start a thread on Happy! is deserves one of its own.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Is it that the one with the blue unicorn?

If so I thought it was fucking awful.
Proud Gammon

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Always give a wide birth to tv shows based on comic characters/stories. Think the only one I watched was Superman.

Maybe I'm missing out.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Zambo wrote:Always give a wide birth to tv shows based on comic characters/stories. Think the only one I watched was Superman.

Maybe I'm missing out.

Have a look at the trailer on the Happy thread, it's clearly Marmite TV.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

My wife is currently bingeing (more steady feeding with long toilet breaks than bingeing in her case) the TV version of the 90s time travelling movie Frequency on Netflix.
It's not bad.

The Alienist is very good and pretty faithful to the original novel.

(sidenote:) The author of the Alienist, Caleb Carr had a completely fucked up father, Lucien Carr, one of the original 'beat generation' along with his friends Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg and those other tedious scrotes. Look Lucien Carr up on wiki and you can see where Caleb got a lot of inspiration for his books.
Proud Gammon

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Have I recommended It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia yet?

If not, then I cannot recommend it enough.

I would put it up there with Father Ted, Curb, Partridge, The Office, Spaced, Larry Sanders, it really is that funny. Not so much the last two seasons, and the first one, though they are still good. But when Danny Devito arrives in series two, then things just get better and better and better.
Proud Gammon

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Fargo - the first series is great, the second is weird but great, the third is a load of old pony.
Halfway through Goliath and enjoying it.
Parks & Recreation is both funny and unfunny in equal measure, but not worth the effort.
I Love Dick - is actually weird but ok.
Manhunt: Unabomber - the first 5 episodes are excellent, then once they catch him it goes limp.
GLOW - If you like women wrestlers ( who doesn't) you will love this.
Godwin's law

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

I agree with GLOW, Tormy, especially the first series. The wee girl who plays Sheila the wolf chick is actually Scottish. And the British redhead is (& this surprised me) Kate Nash, who has lost waaaay too much weight and those lovely knockers.

I've got Manhunt on my list to watch. Have you tried Mindhunter? That's pretty good, not perfect -we could do without his girlfriend bollocks - but well worth the watch. Also it has this lovely severe, schoolmarm-ish looking lass....

Proud Gammon