The all new Five Live mega thread

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
MGA99

Re: The all new Five Live mega thread

Post by MGA99 »

Sad news of Rachael Bland passing away this morning, it's often been jokily remarked on this thread about how obsessed 5Live sometimes seem to be with cancer and general morbidness but I think the way this woman dealt with her initial diagnosis and recent terminal prognosis has been genuinely inspiring and heartbreaking to see in equal portion.

I think the you, me and the big C podcast is one of the best pieces of broadcasting I've heard on the genre and she leaves a great legacy with that to her little son and to others in a similar position to her.

antdad

Post by antdad »

It irritates me immensely that the diagnosed always need to be seen to be fighting, battling or winning the fight or kicking the Big C's butt. It's no such thing...you suffer, sometimes immensely then you'll probably die sometimes prematurely, get over it.

MGA99

Post by MGA99 »

antdad wrote:It irritates me immensely that the diagnosed always need to be seen to be fighting, battling or winning the fight or kicking the Big C's butt. It's no such thing...you suffer, sometimes immensely then you'll probably die sometimes prematurely, get over it.

fair enough, can think of a million other things to get irritated about first though.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Well there you go, I'd simply rather not wallow or indulge in someone elses suffering whether they want to tell it or not. Other than their immediate family and friends it really should be no one elses business and they should keep it that way but hey everybody wants to tell their story.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

JW90 wrote:What has happened to George Riley? Five months from he was suspended and no word since.

Nearly one year on, Riley hasn't been heard from at all. Most odd.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

He was accused of drunkenly groping Fogarty (I know, I know). I have no idea if he did or not but its the BBC and he's a man so obviously as guilty as fuck.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Basualdo wrote:He was accused of drunkenly groping Fogarty (I know, I know). I have no idea if he did or not but its the BBC and he's a man so obviously as guilty as fuck.

Fogarty? She’s a brassy old boiler, is that why she left for LBC? Campbell did say after she left that she was a real hard nut and that she told him to fuck off when he made a joke. Perhaps he knows what we feel about him.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Dotun being the twat as always on the World Football Phone In. But dear 2.30am sports reader, Rose and Tiger tied at -7 as you say, Therefore wee Rory is not in second place two shots behind. :roll:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

She just said it again on the 4am sports news. :shock: No production noticed it earlier obviously. Didn't catch the name. If I was on twatter, would twat them.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Has anyone heard this: 'The Squad with Nick Bright'. It's on at midday on Sunday. Perhaps the worst thing I have EVER heard. Christ.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

carcinogen wrote:Has anyone heard this: 'The Squad with Nick Bright'. It's on at midday on Sunday. Perhaps the worst thing I have EVER heard. Christ.

Yes, heard about 3 minutes of it one week and turned off. Sounded like a DJ Spoony -returned Mockney rude boi shaaating contest.

Much preferred MOTD2 Extra.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

JW90 wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Has anyone heard this: 'The Squad with Nick Bright'. It's on at midday on Sunday. Perhaps the worst thing I have EVER heard. Christ.

Yes, heard about 3 minutes of it one week and turned off. Sounded like a DJ Spoony -returned Mockney rude boi shaaating contest.

Much preferred MOTD2 Extra.

I prefer the sound of a whistling kettle to both.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Carlos J wrote:She just said it again on the 4am sports news. :shock: No production noticed it earlier obviously. Didn't catch the name. If I was on twatter, would twat them.

The overnight sports bulletins are recorded at midnight and played out on the hour and half hour until 5am. If there’s something live on they’ll do an update and say ‘for the rest of the sports news here’s.......’
There's no poem, just prose.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

So you don't listen to Talksport then? There's a new low there everyday.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Five Live is worse than Talksport now. Some achievement!
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca