UEFA Euro Qualifiers 2020

Anything sportlike
finchman

Re: UEFA Euro Qualifiers 2020

Post by finchman »

Big Eck OUT.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Big Feck Off.

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

Astonishing miss by N.Ireland's Paddy McNair in the first half v Estonia.
Dieu Le Roi.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Not too many shocks tonight, even Scotland losing.

A fine, steady win for Northern Ireland. They probably need to have 12/12 pts to have any chance of qualifying. Doable - Estonia tonight ; Belarus on Sunday and the same again in June - but their last four games are Netherlands and Germany both home and away. You would expect the big two to get the two qualifying spots, but the first of their hard double headers is Germany (in Belfast) and if NI can win that (if they have won the first four games, they'd have the won 5 out of 5 and if yer ma was yer Da... it's a long time away..so), then its certainly going to set up three huge games. Germany stuttering and spluttering since Russia 2018 too. Holland beat Belarus 4-0 tonight in the other group game.

Croatia come from behind to beat an ever-improving Azerbaijan side, 2-1, after the Croats were 1-0 down at half-time. Doesn't look too convincing on paper, but then again, its 3pts, a win, and a tricky game, done and dusted. Slovakia beat Hungary 2-0 in the other game. The other team in this group are Wales, and I feel they'll come undone in Baku, Zagreb, Budapest or Bratislava. Any of those four could qualify along with Croatia, so then again maybe Slovakia get pumped in Cardiff! Looks a very wide-open group on paper.

North Macedonia (Former, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia) played their first game as North Macedonia (I think) and secured a fine 3-1 win over Latvia. Slovenia almost nicked a win in Tel Aviv, before Israel scoring late in to the game to get a point. And Poland grab a huge 1-0 win in Austria. Slovenia seem to have campaign about at being either very good or utterly honking ; they were that in the Nations League campaign getting relegated to D, so maybe this will be their good campaign. I'd imagine it'll be between Austria and Poland for top spot, but probably too early to be saying that. Israel are improving under Herzog, but they seem to always have a Scotland of a result in them.

And then Scotland. Kazakhstan sit in the second spot after the first round of matches. Cyprus hammer San Marino, 5-0, and Belgium did enough to beat Russia, 3-1 in Brussels. Scotland are already after one game, looking to other results e.g Sunday's game in Astana (sorry, Nursultan) between Kazakhstan and Russia is already a biggie from a Scottish perspective. Scotland need to sack McLeish, and I doubt that will happen unless, there is the ultimate embarrassment and they lose or draw with San Marino. There is no comparison, as bad as Kazakhstan are they have professional players who play in the CL, EL and across Europe whilst SM are all part-timers and one of the worst-performing minnows of international football. If it was Gibraltar, Faroes, Andorra going by tonight, Scotland would have a massive chance of losing or drawing. Sadly, I think Scotland will win 2/3-0 and the loss tonight will be brushed aside, and on with the campaign.

We are very fortunate we have the insurance playoff from the Nations League - if we do indeed come 3rd or 4th or even 5th going by today! But, we'll lose to the likes of Norway, Finland, Bulgaria, Serbia - whoever it may be without a new manager. I am roaning on and time to shut up about Jockland, so roll on tomorrows fixtures..
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

The Doctor Is In

Post by The Doctor Is In »

McLeish comes across as someone who is clearly unwell - he's either got a drink problem, had a stroke or is in the early stages of dementia. He's clearly not all there.
Peace and Love

Clivert

Post by Clivert »

England 5-0 Czech Rep.

The End

Post by The End »

The Doctor Is In wrote:McLeish comes across as someone who is clearly unwell - he's either got a drink problem, had a stroke or is in the early stages of dementia. He's clearly not all there.

You make him sound like he's from Scotland.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Reg

Post by Reg »

finchman wrote:Big Eck OUT.

Kasakhstan’s gaffer will be under pressure too, after such a poor result.
Roy IN!!

finchman

Post by finchman »

Norn Iron being run ragged by a bloke called Shitov.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Is Scotchlad even a country?
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

Bad Blue 2000 wrote:Is Scotchlad even a country?

Scotland is a region within the UK.

United Kingdom is made up thus.
England as a Country.
Scotland as a Region.
Wales as a Principality.
N.Ireland as a Province.

As far as I'm aware anyway.
Dieu Le Roi.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Two Crows wrote:
Bad Blue 2000 wrote:Is Scotchlad even a country?

Scotland is a region within the UK.

United Kingdom is made up thus.
England as a Country.
Scotland as a Region.
Wales as a Principality.
N.Ireland as a Province.

As far as I'm aware anyway.

I think BB made a typo. Scotchlad is a young Roddy ned. Scotchland still have a play off chance and will fuck that at home v Finland I think.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Joey and Wrighty. Top analysis. :roll:

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

The passing is neat for early, but means fuck all if no end prodout. See every England team.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Ha ha fucking ha. Not even an attack.