Jeremy kyle

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
theleader82

Jeremy kyle

Post by theleader82 »

The show has been pulled off air after a show participant killed himself after filming. Is it time it was pulled off for good? It exploits the working classes for cheap entertainment . It does show the real uk though which a lot of middle class bbc productions ignore
Man U and rangers

VeritasVincit

Re: Jeremy kyle

Post by VeritasVincit »

The judge in 2007 had it right; "a human form of bear-baiting."

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

If the Jeremy Kyle show is pulled off air for good, it will simply be replaced by another identical show fronted by someone else.
After all wasn't Kyle a replacement for the Trisha show, and carried on with the same shit?
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

subsub

Post by subsub »

Makes me wonder the kind of checks they do beforehand.
This chap who killed himself must have been mentally unstable – surprised it hasn't happened before now, if I'm honest.

Horrible programme, anyway.
At least Jerry Springer had an air of panto about it – our version is just venomous.
WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

beingsoblase wrote:If the Jeremy Kyle show is pulled off air for good, it will simply be replaced by another identical show fronted by someone else.
After all wasn't Kyle a replacement for the Trisha show, and carried on with the same shit?

Dear old Trisha, filmed at Epic Studios in Norwich.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

theleader82 wrote: It exploits the working classes for cheap entertainment .

I thought that was the purpose of The Conservative Party.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

What I don't understand is the lie detector.
I am guessing that this guy claimed he had been faithful and the detector said he lied.
What doesn't seem to be clear to people is that although they maybe make dramatic TV, lie detectors are not 100% or even close to it, reliable.
That's why most legal systems exclude their use.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Ghastly programme and presenter.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

A rude and condescending bully. Surprised that none of his guests have stabbed him by now.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Cannot stand the show or it's bully boy presenter. I remember seeing a clip where a guest said he'd be nothing without his security guard- absolutely spot on.

The DNA Testing on national television is a disgrace. These are human beings and their lives could be changed forever and it is treated like a competition with "suspense" and "intrigue".

Time to bin it to history.

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

I have never seen or ever wanted to watch this show.

However, if every time anyone appeared in a bad light on a TV show and then topped themselves allegedly because of it and then the TV show had to be cancelled because of it, there would be next to nothing left on the telly to watch.

Some people want this TV show cancelled because it's possibly crap, and nothing more. It is no different to any TV reporter asking any person in public live to the nation why they lied etc.
Godwin's law

Royal24s

Jeremy Kyle

Post by Royal24s »

I shan't say much , cause I'm sure everyone will have strong views without any button pressing, but what do you think ?
Personally I think it's a disgusting show presented by a disgusting individual to make money out of the misfortunes of unfortunate people. I've always thought that and I for one will be glad to see the back of it !
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

ToRmAtO wrote:I have never seen or ever wanted to watch this show.

However, if every time anyone appeared in a bad light on a TV show and then topped themselves allegedly because of it and then the TV show had to be cancelled because of it, there would be next to nothing left on the telly to watch.

Some people want this TV show cancelled because it's possibly crap, and nothing more. It is no different to any TV reporter asking any person in public live to the nation why they lied etc.

We are not just talking about people being shown in a bad light. We are talking about people being wound up, baited, and ranted at by Kyle. Moreover, being encouraged to confront, to rant at others on the show to the point of phsical violence, when that a big fat bouncer pops up at the last minute to separate them, all in the name of good tv.

It needs binning before there is any more suicides, but why do we always have to wait for a tragedy before action is taken.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Zambo wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:I have never seen or ever wanted to watch this show.

We are not just talking about people being shown in a bad light. We are talking about people being wound up, baited, and ranted at by Kyle. Moreover, being encouraged to confront, to rant at others on the show to the point of phsical violence, when that a big fat bouncer pops up at the last minute to separate them, all in the name of good tv.

It needs binning before there is any more suicides, but why do we always have to wait for a tragedy before action is taken.

Couldn't agree more.

The big piss off for me is Kyle acting the great hard man winding people up as you say but totally relying on those burly bouncers to stop someone smashing him in the face.

Quite frankly the show should be pulled and the last episode should see Jezza getting beaten to a pulp crying for help while everyone just stands and watches.

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

This should be a watershed moment for reality TV.

We've been saturated for the last 20 years with this as an entertainment category and only now are people realising there is a human cost.

ITV is getting a reputation as a contestant killer..Kyle plus Love Island suicides. Strictly has broken up more marriages than Ashley Maddison...

TV execs need to wake up and think of something different.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>