Netball World Cup

Anything sportlike
subsub

Netball World Cup

Post by subsub »

For all the morons who think I champion The Guardian at all times, I am baffled why in their Sport section, some puff piece on the netball World Cup is deemed more important than the Wimbledon semi-finals or Griezmann going to Barcelona.

This disproportionate coverage is bizarre. I presume they're going all in as it comes so soon after the women's footy World Cup :rolleyes:
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Re: Netball World Cup

Post by Zambo »

Yeah it's not good when people focus on the source, insead of he content is it, and try and rip the piss out of someone for using it. Form of goading is that.

As for the netball world cup, there are a lot of tall women in it.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

subsub wrote:For all the morons who think I champion The Guardian at all times, I am baffled why in their Sport section, some puff piece on the netball World Cup is deemed more important than the Wimbledon semi-finals or Griezmann going to Barcelona.

This disproportionate coverage is bizarre. I presume they're going all in as it comes so soon after the women's footy World Cup :rolleyes:

There are no journalists at the guardian, only activists. Pushing an agenda. Fine, big deal. I'd suggest the FT for decent balanced sports reporting.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

MySmugglez never fear - you are the perfect grauniad hand-wringing soyboi. This "tournament" is almost perfect for you, except for the lack of Ecuadorian amputee transitioners
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

subsub wrote:For all the morons who think I champion The Guardian at all times, I am baffled why in their Sport section, some puff piece on the netball World Cup is deemed more important than the Wimbledon semi-finals or Griezmann going to Barcelona.

Check the on-line edition, sport section.
Main article - Wimbledon.
Next largest - Cricket.
Rugby higher on the page that netball.
Netball is a report on the match v Uganda

subsub

Post by subsub »

VeritasVincit wrote:

Next largest - Cricket.

You do realise that they change their sports page during the day, right?

Even now, that same puff piece is two places higher than a piece on the latest stage of the Tour de France.
WOKE AND PROUD

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Change for better or worse?
Today I am disgusted.
In the paper edition, Sports sectiion, I had to wade through 12 pages of; cricket and tennis before I could read about our girls. Still at least it relegated F1 to paqe 14.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

The fact that WE at TALKFORUM have a Netball thread shows the VAST GRAND CANYON size chasm between the Champions League Final
and the first Premier League matches. Visit some castles people, or do some walking in the Lake District.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

I did a stadium tour of Anfield last week and the Scottish Netball team were also on it. Some of those girls were freakishly tall.
A joyless arsehole.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

subsub wrote:
VeritasVincit wrote:

Next largest - Cricket.

You do realise that they change their sports page during the day, right?

Even now, that same puff piece is two places higher than a piece on the latest stage of the Tour de France.

Sub....there might be more to this than meets the eye innit.

They are taking your internet history and mistaking your interest in posti g about scantily clad birds at World Cup, Olympics, Rugby World Cup, Royal Ascot etc. as being an interest in tart's sport in general hence they elevate this Netball World Cup to the top of your reading list.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Petingo wrote:Sub....there might be more to this than meets the eye innit.

They are taking your internet history and mistaking your interest in posti g about scantily clad birds at World Cup, Olympics, Rugby World Cup, Royal Ascot etc. as being an interest in tart's sport in general hence they elevate this Netball World Cup to the top of your reading list.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

*rumbled*
WOKE AND PROUD

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

''The Thistles'' have won 1 and lost 3/4 games. I think they need to beat Jamaica (who are good to go through).

What's new eh? Scotland being utterly hopeless at another sport.

Sorry lassies if you're reading/ I ken youse tried your best and all that ; but how about over-achieving in anything apart from teenage pregnancies, OD deaths or heart disease.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.