LWIAC

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Champagne and Roses

Re: LWIAC

Post by Champagne and Roses »

Lineker is their highest paid staffer and all he does is present a football highlights show, loads of people could and would do it for a 20th of what he gets, plus God knows what BT Sport pay him on top.

Sill better value than Hislop getting £20,000 for every single episode of HIGNFY.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Zippy wrote:She's EVERYWHERE.

I think this is the crux of it. She's on Breakfast (hosting and paper review), the Friday night show, the Saturday evening game, phone-in, lots of Sky programmes too.

End-o is right in that she's probably no worse than most, she just appears more than most.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

She's on Salford v Leeds for Sky tonight. Zippy will be thrilled.

kentred1

Post by kentred1 »

Woods is as crap on tv as on Radio

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

JW90 wrote:She's on Salford v Leeds for Sky tonight. Zippy will be thrilled.

No days off for our Woodsy!
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Yep, probably back for the 7am paper review on Breakfast then the Test at Lord's.

Glad you won tonight, the Class of 92 love-in is nauseous.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

Champagne and Roses wrote:
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:500k? The cunt knows no shame. FOR FUCKING WHAT?

Hansen
"Lawro"
Garth Crook
The boy Lineacre

Jesus wept.
Lawro. The one and only time I’ve complained direct to the BBC (waste of time of course) was about him at the World Cup in Russia. He was covering a game (France first game I think) and it was all sneering “isn’t it terrible, isn’t it boring, who’s this player ? who’s that player ? {sigh} another mistake” I mean the guy was being paid to cover the biggest sporting event in the world but it appeared to be a sport he didn’t even like. I’m glad to say, breaking news here Bob and Perry, Twitter blew up in support of my view and he didn’t appear much again after that.

Funny C&R, the only time I have ever complained to the BBC was also about our Lawro.

In my case, I just got completely pissed off with his blase comment of 'Hard but fair', after that thug Kevin Davies had launched himself through Gael Clichy with an in the air frontal slide tackle and nearly broken his leg with Clichy only staying injury free by moving his leg just in time to avoid Davies' leg.

Having grown up in the 60's and 70's, there are plenty of aspects of football which I would like to see again but dangerous tackles like that are not one of them. Lawro was just trying to come across as the old sage, macho hardman but he actually came across as a fucking idiot.

The Beeb sent me the usual anedyne bollox back whilst thanking me for my comments etc etc.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

JW90 wrote:Yep, probably back for the 7am paper review on Breakfast then the Test at Lord's.

Isn’t it just. Sky were clearly desperate for their precious upset.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

The End wrote:Not seeing the hatred for her. Just another vacuous autocue reader. Plenty of them about, male AND female.

Vacuous autocue reader. Love it and an appropriate way to sum up just about all of the current TS operatives.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

tennisman wrote:
Champagne and Roses wrote:
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:500k? The cunt knows no shame. FOR FUCKING WHAT?

Hansen
"Lawro"
Garth Crook
The boy Lineacre

Jesus wept.
Lawro. The one and only time I’ve complained direct to the BBC (waste of time of course) was about him at the World Cup in Russia. He was covering a game (France first game I think) and it was all sneering “isn’t it terrible, isn’t it boring, who’s this player ? who’s that player ? {sigh} another mistake” I mean the guy was being paid to cover the biggest sporting event in the world but it appeared to be a sport he didn’t even like. I’m glad to say, breaking news here Bob and Perry, Twitter blew up in support of my view and he didn’t appear much again after that.

Funny C&R, the only time I have ever complained to the BBC was also about our Lawro.

In my case, I just got completely pissed off with his blase comment of 'Hard but fair', after that thug Kevin Davies had launched himself through Gael Clichy with an in the air frontal slide tackle and nearly broken his leg with Clichy only staying injury free by moving his leg just in time to avoid Davies' leg.

Having grown up in the 60's and 70's, there are plenty of aspects of football which I would like to see again but dangerous tackles like that are not one of them. Lawro was just trying to come across as the old sage, macho hardman but he actually came across as a fucking idiot.

The Beeb sent me the usual anedyne bollox back whilst thanking me for my comments etc etc.

Lawro's had the look of a man with something dark to hide for about 30 years.
There's no poem, just prose.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

JW90 wrote:Yep, probably back for the 7am paper review on Breakfast then the Test at Lord's.

Absolutely.

Trying to paint Salford as some plucky, underdog riding through the leagues as well.

They managed last season to attract Adam Rooney from Aberdeen with the very lucrative carrot of 5k a week wages. Madness for the 5th tier of English football.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

Well, all I can say is that this evening, there is a b/w photo of Woodsey on her Twitter account and she looks absolutely GORGEOUS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTU0nkpMMw0

finchman

Post by finchman »

Not listened for over two years now, who's LW?
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Sup wid dis sluts wiki yo
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

finchman wrote:Not listened for over two years now, who's LW?

Its a creature known as Laura Woods .....who TS & Sky seem to think is the next Jesus .........but is a glorified auto-cue reader
Bring on "The Clutcher :)