Nick Abbot

Posts regarding presenters and shows of yesterday
Champagne and Roses

Nick Abbot

Post by Champagne and Roses »

Liked him years ago before it rebranded to TalkSPORT - someone committed to radio, not a wannabe TV presenter, confident enough to play around with the format and improvise. I guess he’s still around - must be getting old now.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

shivah

Re: Nick Abbot

Post by shivah »

On lbc now. He’s obsessed with Trump.
Grunt is a Chunt.

Champagne and Roses

Oh. Unless he’s outspokenly pro-Trump that’s boringly conventional. He never bothered with current events at all in the old days. He had a good show with Carol McGiffin at one point where they just talked rubbish.

shivah

Post by shivah »

Champagne and Roses wrote:Oh. Unless he’s outspokenly pro-Trump that’s boringly conventional. He never bothered with current events at all in the old days. He had a good show with Carol McGiffin at one point where they just talked rubbish.

Very boringly anti Trump. For 3 hours on Friday and Saturday nights.
Grunt is a Chunt.

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Champagne and Roses wrote:Oh. Unless he’s outspokenly pro-Trump that’s boringly conventional. He never bothered with current events at all in the old days. He had a good show with Carol McGiffin at one point where they just talked rubbish.

Used to listen to those shows, still remember the audio clip of carol saying BOOZE he would play.
Untill the day moz fucking Dee decided the listenership would rather listen to him talking about European football for three hours a night.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

shivah

Post by shivah »

beingsoblase wrote:

Used to listen to those shows, still remember the audio clip of carol saying BOOZE he would play.
Untill the day moz fucking Dee decided the listenership would rather listen to him talking about European football for three hours a night.

Moz Dee. What a cunt.
Grunt is a Chunt.

Champagne and Roses

Moz Dee. I’d forgotten about him. Useless.

dingdongthewitchisdead

Post by dingdongthewitchisdead »

used to never miss his shows on lbc but the endless brexit/trump has ruined him . time to retire him or those subjects.
i never listen now .

Monty Modlin

Post by Monty Modlin »

He's started doing a podcast with her - 'What's Your Problem? With Nick and Carol'. Quite good nonsense.
The real Boris Johnson died with Covid in hospital. He was replaced by a professional impersonator who has been avoiding talking to the press ever since.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Champagne and Roses wrote:Moz Dee. I’d forgotten about him. Useless.

The much missed Dave the Alligators talkSport Christmas Carols included the wonderful, 'We Wish You A Hefty Kick, Moz.'
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

He's cack and his sound effects are the shittest things ever. Not for me.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

I used to like the sound effects. Does he still have the McGiffinator? ("Booze!", etc...)
I really am a biatch

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

I used to pay to listen to LBC's content to catch up to Nick Abbot's weekend shows and podcast, but then stopped subscribing and haven't listened for a few years now. Is he still suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome? :lol: :lol: :lol:
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
You're not alone
I'll wait 'til the end of time
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

LaaLaa wrote:I used to like the sound effects. Does he still have the McGiffinator? ("Booze!", etc...)

Me too, he used to have loads of them, It was him that introduced me to south park as he used a lot of clips from that when it was out in America but not here.

I listened a year or so ago whilst driving home late one Saturday night and it had been reduced to the odd "ding" and him chuntering on about Trump.

I would have liked to listen to his shows but there's no way I was paying LBC for a listen again feature so I didn't bother.

I still think that in his day on the old Talkradio he was one of the best broadcasters in the country, his show was funny and innovative. I'd probably give it a go again if it weren't for the paid subscription model and the fact that there are 400 odd episodes of "The Dollop" available.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Monty Modlin

Post by Monty Modlin »

I listen on the LBC app and don't pay.
The real Boris Johnson died with Covid in hospital. He was replaced by a professional impersonator who has been avoiding talking to the press ever since.