Colonel Ian "Whistlesound'' Dodgepot McDougall Collins

The place to discuss TalkRADIO
m4rkb

Re: Colonel Ian "Whistlesound'' Dodgepot McDougall Collins

Post by m4rkb »

kevin04 wrote:Agree, M4rkb, The Colonel is the best at doing human interest stories rather than politics. He was soundbite gold yesterday.

I've got about 90 minutes before I go to work and I'll give him a listen and fill you in, fellas with any remarks I think deserve a shout out in here.

He's been a great listen all week. In fact I'd forgotten just how good a presenter he is after he left TS to rock up down LBC way and, as I say, concentrated on politics versus what he does best.

Talkradio and formerly TS are his natural homes. Bring him back I say.

The line up on TR is getting better and better if you ignore the supposedly regular hosts and concentrate on the stand-ins who seem to take more time off than a council receptionist.

On the downside, I do like listening to Maajid Nawaz who's a vast improvement on the ever increasingly depressing knO'B but the Colonel has washed him away for me due to time constraints.

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

In 2002 when TS sacked the genius that is Tommy Boyd, Collins turned in a performance of such contemptible rank hypocrisy on his own show that I swore then never to listen to him again, a promise to myself that I have found very easy to keep.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Champagne and Roses wrote:In 2002 when TS sacked the genius that is Tommy Boyd, Collins turned in a performance of such contemptible rank hypocrisy on his own show that I swore then never to listen to him again, a promise to myself that I have found very easy to keep.

Fucking hell. Have you got his poster on your wall to throw darts at?
:lol:

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

I was speaking to my neighbour and missed the start but....

"Does BBC 2 still exist? Newsnight is their flag ship show but I've got more members of my family than they do viewers."

The Col. racking his brains about any brilliant programs that have come from BBC2? He can't find any! How about The Office, Mr Collins?!

"BBC Four only make three programs a year. Keep it, its only on from 7pm. Keep BBC1 and stick 2,3,4 away online or the iPlayer."

"Mrs Browns Boys wouldn't it be fantastic if we could get rid of that. People seem divided on it, I saw him interviewed on something recently (the fella) that's a bloke by the way. And he was asked ..... and said I've got 8 million quid cos of that show, that's a barometer of.. WOW."
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

"A bloke called Stokes hit a ball very hard yesterday and apparently some people were happy and some Aussies cried. The man is a hero apparently."

"Bolton Wanderers could be kicked out of the football league. What is going on with the mighty Whites?"

:D

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

"Corbyn is brand 'GET THE HELL OUT OF THE EU', if you cut him in half there's a skull and crossbow anti-EU flag in there with him, the fella."

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

2002: “It would be wrong for me to talk about Tommy Boyd leaving because I can’t talk about someone else’s contract of employment. It is wrong to talk about another person’s contract of employment and whether they should leave their job or stay. I will be never do that because it is private between that person and their employer and it would be wrong for me to talk about it”

2019: He feels free to comment on BBC staff who all have contracts of employment and implies they should be fired ?

Odd.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Dodgesubject McNephew
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

I'm off all week, and really should do something more than religiously listen to IC for 5 days. :)

He's blagging football with female guest (Nerina Pallot) who I once seen support Semisonic in Glasgow when I was 16.

"Barcelona absolutely pulverized Man Utd at Wembley. It was amazing just watching wonderful football on such a great occasion. I'd love to go to a World Cup final for that reason. "

"I took my ex girlfriend (American) to Stamford Bridge. I warned her there might be some salty language, she said 'Don't worry I've been to a ball game, I know how it is' and then the F, C, and so and son words came flying.''

Pallot : "I'm an Arsenal fan and try to get to the Emirates."

Collins : "Good on you! Well, I don't know if I should be saying that since I'm a Chelsea man."

"I love going to Charlton, the ground is on a council estate. You've got locals flogging burgers outside - which they probably shouldn't be doing but good fun. We don't get that down Stamford Bridge way."

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

"I met Bradley Wiggins at a charity doo once. Remember when they were trying to put him up as a fashion icon? You're never going to be a fashion role model when you are riding a bike, mate. You can have as many Paul Weller esque haircuts as you like or hang around with as many Gallagher brothers too ; it aint happening, fella."

It's now a break and he'll be talking about Wiggins new career after it.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Champagne and Roses wrote:In 2002 when TS sacked the genius that is Tommy Boyd, Collins turned in a performance of such contemptible rank hypocrisy on his own show that I swore then never to listen to him again, a promise to myself that I have found very easy to keep.

Didn't Collins throw Boyd to the wolves?
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

kevin04 wrote:I'm off all week, and really should do something more than religiously listen to IC for 5 days. :)

He's blagging football with female guest (Nerina Pallot) who I once seen support Semisonic in Glasgow when I was 16.

"Barcelona absolutely pulverized Man Utd at Wembley. It was amazing just watching wonderful football on such a great occasion. I'd love to go to a World Cup final for that reason. "

"I took my ex girlfriend (American) to Stamford Bridge. I warned her there might be some salty language, she said 'Don't worry I've been to a ball game, I know how it is' and then the F, C, and so and son words came flying.''

Pallot : "I'm an Arsenal fan and try to get to the Emirates."

Collins : "Good on you! Well, I don't know if I should be saying that since I'm a Chelsea man."

"I love going to Charlton, the ground is on a council estate. You've got locals flogging burgers outside - which they probably shouldn't be doing but good fun. We don't get that down Stamford Bridge way."

Collins is a bigger blag artist than Mike Graham when it comes to football!
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Absolutely Zippy, he was MG before MG even rocked up at TS towers.

I'm listening to him again and I'll get his blagging in here if I can :)

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Another word the Col loves is ''narrative''.

He's squaring the Brexit circle (although I don't think anyone can do that). What mess.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

"I've got a love of the old KFC and the Colonel. I class KFC as like eating at the Dorchester, I can't get enough of it."

:)