Matthew Wright

The place to discuss TalkRADIO
Desolation

Re: Matthew Wright

Post by Desolation »

Good! The cunt's not in today. Let's hope it's nothing trivial.
Proud Gammon and imperious Little Englander!

Desolation

Post by Desolation »

Fuck me! Alexis Conran's even worse. Come back Wrighty, all's forgiven.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

I listened to him for a few weeks when he started and it seemed OK ish, but it all got a bit boring and to sound like an anti-snob, just a bit bourgeois/middle-class e.g wine down Friday etc.

He seems to live a bit off an odd life. He fucked off last Christmas to leave his heavily pregnant wife on her own for a week or so whilst he fresh loch fishing somewhere.

Again, he seems OK ish, but its just all a bit dull radio and lacking. A bit like Eddie Mair on LBC - a fantastic voice but doesn't go anywhere or host exciting programs.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

He can't take criticism but is essentially an aimless dimbo. He found his level when he hosted the Wright Stuff originally from a broom cupboard in Norwich, assisted by an Estuary English-speaking Kate Silverton and a young and pimply James O'Brien, in front of a tiny audience of incontinent pensioners and whackoes. You'd think the jug-eared cretin would be thankful for such an unlikely career but he's still as weird as ever.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

kevin04 wrote:I listened to him for a few weeks when he started and it seemed OK ish, but it all got a bit boring and to sound like an anti-snob, just a bit bourgeois/middle-class e.g wine down Friday etc.

He seems to live a bit off an odd life. He fucked off last Christmas to leave his heavily pregnant wife on her own for a week or so whilst he fresh loch fishing somewhere.

Again, he seems OK ish, but its just all a bit dull radio and lacking. A bit like Eddie Mair on LBC - a fantastic voice but doesn't go anywhere or host exciting programs.

Got to agree with you. A very cosseted middle class view on the world and surrounded by other middle class cosseted people with the same view on the world.

Not much to learn from him other than he's a product of the middle classes and of the correct political opinion so long as any societal change in his opinion doesn't affect him.

It's al very plastic.

Ned

Post by Ned »

Been sacked apparently ahead of a relaunch of the station next month.

Desolation

Post by Desolation »

The way he goes out of his way to show how much he can't stand his nine month old daughter is nauseatingly sick. Fucking lefty libtard twat!

Thought he was toast. WTF is that all about?
Last edited by Desolation on Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shivah

Post by shivah »

Only he's signed a new deal and is on now.
Grunt is a Chunt.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

I thought he began OK-ish. I wasn't sure what to expect, but he seemed a bit different at the start ; but it got boring quite quickly.

It's middle-class yet call themselves working class, Radio 4 type radio. Wine down Friday - yes, I'll shut up about it ; but can it get any more beige than that!

His daily guests are often incredibly dull too. Maybe its me, but its just all so people who read books with Richard and Judy's Bookclub stickers on them.

I don't wish unemployment on anyone, but it would have been nice if he was moved to a weekend breakfast type show and we got the Col. back in the saddle at talkTOWERS making his way through the polidical tiscussions and current affairs of the day rather than Wright.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

kevin04 wrote:I thought he began OK-ish. I wasn't sure what to expect, but he seemed a bit different at the start ; but it got boring quite quickly.

It's middle-class yet call themselves working class, Radio 4 type radio. Wine down Friday - yes, I'll shut up about it ; but can it get any more beige than that!

His daily guests are often incredibly dull too. Maybe its me, but its just all so people who read books with Richard and Judy's Bookclub stickers on them.

I don't wish unemployment on anyone, but it would have been nice if he was moved to a weekend breakfast type show and we got the Col. back in the saddle at talkTOWERS making his way through the polidical tiscussions and current affairs of the day rather than Wright.

Agreed Kev. Or failing that, Buik and Townsend current affairs phone in!
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Ned

Post by Ned »

Looks like he's been awarded the OBE (Out Before Easter) after all. Good to see Talk Radio has a clear view of where it's going and doesn't just lurch around from one shambles to another.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Didn't he 'make' his name writing the 'Bizzare' column in The Sun? I mean, 'nuff said, Shirley. Daytime TV is desperate for anyone vaguely recognizable to get an audience in order to shift washing-powder to medicated housewives.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Desolation wrote:The way he goes out of his way to show how much he can't stand his nine month old daughter is nauseatingly sick. Fucking lefty libtard twat!

Thought he was toast. WTF is that all about?

Oh dear, and that's the edited version.