Bellends with phones at football

Anything sportlike
Reg

Bellends with phones at football

Post by Reg »

WHY do you spend a fortune to travel to and attend an England match, and spend the whole game squinting into your phone as you film events from 100 metres away on a phone camera?

Apart from ruining the live experience, will you ever actually watch the shitty footage you have lovingly shot?

I genuinely haven’t got a clue why they do it. :?
Roy IN!!

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Bellends with phones at football

Post by Carlos J »

Same at gigs, Reg, if not worse. Take a few photos, maybe a little video, fair enough. For the social meeja likes, innit.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

''Me @ the England footie #3lions. Who r they playing again? Lolz #corporatewhoring #couldntgiveafuck #boredshitless"
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Basualdo wrote:''Me @ the England footie #3lions. Who r they playing again? Lolz #corporatewhoring #couldntgiveafuck #boredshitless"

Yes, but these ones looked like ordinary bald middle-aged supporters, not that sort at all.

And they were filming the game not themselves.

Odd.
Roy IN!!

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Gammons Gone Ments
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Gammons Gone Ments

MGM.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

GGM

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Completely ruins the experience. Why pay to watch live sport/music and spend all your time watching it through a phone.

Pathetic.

phones should be confiscated on the way in to an event.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Reg wrote:WHY do you spend a fortune to travel to and attend an England match, and spend the whole game squinting into your phone as you film events from 100 metres away on a phone camera?

Apart from ruining the live experience, will you ever actually watch the shitty footage you have lovingly shot?

Happens at most grounds now Reg, especially in the Premier League. How can you get involved in the game when you are trying to get your phone to record whatever is happening?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JW90 wrote:
Reg wrote:WHY do you spend a fortune to travel to and attend an England match, and spend the whole game squinting into your phone as you film events from 100 metres away on a phone camera?

Happens at most grounds now Reg, especially in the Premier League. How can you get involved in the game when you are trying to get your phone to record whatever is happening?

Don’t normally see this in the stand I sit at the Villa and this is populated by a mixture of young and old fans alike.

That said when I went to the Play Off Finals, loads of us had our smartphones out and it’s understandable to capture golden memories. You have your memories and can watch recordings on TV but they don’t really capture the moment. Putting it on social media is cheesy, don’t mind people recording parts of the match but do people really watch streaming of the very same match on their devices? Some grounds don’t really have decent 3 or 4G network.

Reg

Post by Reg »

JW90 wrote:

Fortunately I’ve never seen anyone do it in the area where I sit at Palace. Most of the ground is season-ticket holders anyway, so you don’t get many tourists.
Roy IN!!

Reg

Post by Reg »

kancutlawns wrote:
JW90 wrote:

Don’t normally see this in the stand I sit at the Villa and this is populated by a mixture of young and old fans alike.

That said when I went to the Play Off Finals, loads of us had our smartphones out and it’s understandable to capture golden memories. You have your memories and can watch recordings on TV but they don’t really capture the moment. Putting it on social media is cheesy, don’t mind people recording parts of the match but do people really watch streaming of the very same match on their devices? Some grounds don’t really have decent 3 or 4G network.

Kankers, have you broken the news to Mrs L about the seating arrangements for Villa?
Roy IN!!

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Not yet Reg, I’m going for the nuclear option and waiting until we’re inside the ground. :oops:

Reg

Post by Reg »

kancutlawns wrote:Not yet Reg, I’m going for the nuclear option and waiting until we’re inside the ground. :oops:

Hmm.

Are you sure that’s wise?
Roy IN!!

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Well, what's the worse that can happen? Well I can think of a couple to start with. :( I'll have a little think, still have three weeks to fully decide.