Climate & Other Protesters Discussion

In-depth debate on all topical issues
paolo

Re: Climate & Other Protesters Discussion

Post by paolo »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:No Nobel Peace prize for little Greta. It would be racist to deny it to the Ethiopian geezer .

Thought Trump was in for a shout after his withdrawl this week .

tbf, it was given to a kenyan for doing absolutely nothing (before he killed hundreds of thousands and everything else he did)
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Scrolling up on this thread is comical.

Toilets - they bring their own.
Personal hygiene - perfectly fine.
Police not doing anything - they threaten to arrest everyone who won't move on and have an order across London that allows them to do it.
How did they get there - by train mostly.

If you're in London go to the Square and have a look, a nicer bunch of people you'll not find.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

paolo wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:No Nobel Peace prize for little Greta. It would be racist to deny it to the Ethiopian geezer .

tbf, it was given to a kenyan for doing absolutely nothing (before he killed hundreds of thousands and everything else he did)

So a good year for it then.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Basualdo wrote:
paolo wrote:

This was back in 08 I believe

I got the news from RT
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

paolo wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
paolo wrote:

I got the news from RT
Oh that Kenyan.

Who got it this year then?
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Basualdo wrote:
paolo wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
paolo wrote:

I got the news from RT
Oh that Kenyan.

Who got it this year then?

moses kiptanui!!
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Was Kip Keino not in the running?

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

A snippet from an excellent article in Hitchen's column today, which I must must say in all modesty, is a rather better-written version of my main point regarding the insanity of the climate change protesters, and like Hitchens, - I would ask again if someone could explain the logic of destroying our economy whilst the 'developing' world thrives?:

"We recently closed and demolished Didcot ‘A’ coal-fired power station, an efficient, reasonably modern plant with a generating capacity of about 1.44 gigawatts. Why? Why not at least mothball it? But no such caution is allowed in the great cause of cutting CO2 emissions.

Look at the facts: an enormous 259 gigawatts (180 Didcots) of new coal-fired capacity are under development in China. That’s on top of the 993 gigawatts of coal-burning capacity China already possesses (690 Didcots).

The UK’s whole electrical generation capacity, in all forms of power, is 85 gigawatts (59 Didcots). If we gave up using electricity entirely, it would make no difference at all to the impact of Chinese coal burning on the atmosphere.

None. Not any. Zero. If we completely abolish all our fossil-fuel generation, including gas, it would likewise not matter in the slightest – except to us, our economy and our standard of living.

China’s planned increase, yes, increase, in coal power is three times the size of our whole electricity-generation industry – wind, nuclear gas, and all. India is also increasing coal generation and last March reached a coal capacity of 200 gigawatts (139 Didcots)."

The only 'argument' I've heard so far from the eco-warrior brigade, is a rather meek "well we have to start somewhere", or the similar but more patronising "we need to lead by example".
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Roy Twing wrote: The only 'argument' I've heard so far from the eco-warrior brigade, is a rather meek "well we have to start somewhere", or the similar but more patronising "we need to lead by example".

The same weak argument for staying in the EU is so we can change it from within, despite being ignored for 40 years.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Good point
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Follow the money.
Saw some interesting stuff about who's actually backing extinction rebellion this weekend.
Not exactly confirmed right now, so I'll leave it there.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

subsub

Post by subsub »

Roy Twing wrote:A snippet from an excellent article in Hitchen's column today, which I must must say in all modesty, is a rather better-written version of my main point regarding the insanity of the climate change protesters, and like Hitchens, - I would ask again if someone could explain the logic of destroying our economy whilst the 'developing' world thrives?:

"We recently closed and demolished Didcot ‘A’ coal-fired power station, an efficient, reasonably modern plant with a generating capacity of about 1.44 gigawatts. Why? Why not at least mothball it? But no such caution is allowed in the great cause of cutting CO2 emissions.

Look at the facts: an enormous 259 gigawatts (180 Didcots) of new coal-fired capacity are under development in China. That’s on top of the 993 gigawatts of coal-burning capacity China already possesses (690 Didcots).

The UK’s whole electrical generation capacity, in all forms of power, is 85 gigawatts (59 Didcots). If we gave up using electricity entirely, it would make no difference at all to the impact of Chinese coal burning on the atmosphere.

None. Not any. Zero. If we completely abolish all our fossil-fuel generation, including gas, it would likewise not matter in the slightest – except to us, our economy and our standard of living.

China’s planned increase, yes, increase, in coal power is three times the size of our whole electricity-generation industry – wind, nuclear gas, and all. India is also increasing coal generation and last March reached a coal capacity of 200 gigawatts (139 Didcots)."

The only 'argument' I've heard so far from the eco-warrior brigade, is a rather meek "well we have to start somewhere", or the similar but more patronising "we need to lead by example".

Great logic.
Other people are fucking up the environment, so let's do the same.
Yeah, let's all leave litter lying around because someone else does it :rolleyes:
WOKE AND PROUD

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Fly-tipping and polluting bonfires has rocketed in our area, due to the Labour Council putting an extra charge on garden refuse, and charging to dispose of large items at the tip . Greedy councils are bad for the environment.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:A snippet from an excellent article in Hitchen's column today, which I must must say in all modesty, is a rather better-written version of my main point regarding the insanity of the climate change protesters, and like Hitchens, - I would ask again if someone could explain the logic of destroying our economy whilst the 'developing' world thrives?:

Great logic.
Yeah, let's all leave litter lying around because someone else does it :rolleyes:

Read the article, take a deep breath, engage brain, and try again.
E & OE

subsub

Post by subsub »

Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:

Great logic.

Read the article, take a deep breath, engage brain, and try again.

- I've read the snippet you provided - that contains all the pertinent info, presumably? (unless you left out something more important)
- you didn't provide a link to the article (and I'm damned if I'm going to increase the Mail's online readership)
- My point makes sense. Hitchens is saying that it doesn't matter what we do in the UK given what bigger countries do. I say that that is flawed logic, and I gave you an example – just because other people throw litter out of their cars doesn't mean that I should do the same.
WOKE AND PROUD