Re: Scotch Football

Post by The Doctor Is In »

Where the Buckfast comes from?
Peace and Love

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

delboy1983 wrote:My local team Bonnyrigg Rose picked as the live match on BBC Scotland in the Scottish Cup 2nd round on Friday 18th October 2019 at home to Buckie Thistle.
Was up seeing them beating Fraserburgh 1-0 in the first round on Saturdat courtesy of a 89th minute winner.

Will you be going, Del? And can we watch it on the BBC website?
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Carlos J wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:My local team Bonnyrigg Rose picked as the live match on BBC Scotland in the Scottish Cup 2nd round on Friday 18th October 2019 at home to Buckie Thistle.
Was up seeing them beating Fraserburgh 1-0 in the first round on Saturdat courtesy of a 89th minute winner.

Will be there, am a season ticket holder.On BBC Scotland unsure if you guys can tune in.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

finchman

Post by finchman »

delboy1983 wrote:
Carlos J wrote:

Will be there, am a season ticket holder.On BBC Scotland unsure if you guys can tune in.

Channel 457
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Hopefully be on BBC Scotland iPlayer.

Don't have that fancy stuff, Finchman, but cheers. :)
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

8) :lol: 8) so far.

But just before 5 tonight it wll be :shock: :oops: :roll:

And yes i am communicating through the medium of Smileys.
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

5-0,only 1 point behind. 8)
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Live on BBC Alba tonight is Stenhousemuir Vs Waterford (of Ireland and Desie fame)

Scottish Challenge Cup - Your EFL Trophy for Scotland pretty much - started firstly inviting Irish teams, then Irish and Norn Irish sides, and then Welsh teams and the past two years you've got English National League teams in it.

The guest teams have been in the tournament for about 4-5 years now, and none of the non-Scottish sides have won it. Although Connah's Quay Nomads got to the final last year, but last 3-1 to Caley Thistle.

The Weekend's games -

Tonight :

Stenhousemuir - Waterford

Saturday :

Arbroath - Clyde
Airdrie - Elgin
Raith Rovers - Glenavon
Wrexham - St Mirren U21s
ICT - Alloa
Partick Thistle - Connah's Quay Nomads

And the in two weeeks time (for some reason) 29th of October, it's Solihull Moors and Rangers U21s.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Reg

Post by Reg »

WHY is the Scotch national team so poor?

There is no reason why they should be worse than Wales, Northern Ireland or the Republic.

They need to pull themselves together, they are an embarrassment to England.
Roy IN!!

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Kev, I’ve heard that Scots fans have really laid into John McGinn after the Russia game. This is really out of order of true, he really gives so much in every game he plays whether for Villa or Scotland and he pretty much stands out with his control, workload and drive which opens things up for other midfielders and the strikers. Is he being hung out to dry by the disgruntled fans, is this justified and why aren’t his teammates pulling their weight?

Probably just weighed down by never being able to qualify for any finals.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

kancutlawns wrote:Kev, I’ve heard that Scots fans have really laid into John McGinn after the Russia game. This is really out of order of true, he really gives so much in every game he plays whether for Villa or Scotland and he pretty much stands out with his control, workload and drive which opens things up for other midfielders and the strikers. Is he being hung out to dry by the disgruntled fans, is this justified and why aren’t his teammates pulling their weight?

Probably just weighed down by never being able to qualify for any finals.

Captain Andy Robertson has been getting it 10 times worse
The managers tactics do not suit McGinn,instead of playing through him the game bypasses him.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I agree with that but that’s Clarke’s fault by going for the direct route. Why does he not go through McGinn?

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

San Marino tomororow.

As Clarke said 'I hope this is the lowest of the low.' And yes, San Marino - the worst team in UEFA- this game couldn't come at a better time for us to try and get a bit of momentum (3 games until that playoff).

It's not been a great start from Clarke albeit against four games against the best ranked team in the world and a very impressive Russia.

Three has been glimmers of hope : first 45 minutes in Brussels and the first 60 mins in Moscow. A major issue is confidence, we fold like an accordion after the first goal against top opponents. We need to be wiser and if that is playing ugly, even more so, football then do it.

We are not blessed with defensive talent either so rather than playing 2 average defenders play 3 central defenders.

The captaincy isn't a big deal these days but still Robertson is never one and I'd hope he'd switch it. Once Tierney is back, I'd love Robbo to even left mid, and KT at left back.

Anyhoos, qualifying is going to be a big ol' task. We now have three games to get some form together. If the stars can align and get a tune out of the players, then this utterly disastrous campaign and start to Clarke's reign will be forgotten and forgiven.

Next three games are : San Marino (h) ; Cyprus (a) and Kazakhstan (h).

You could argue notbwinning those games or taking at least 7pts from them, they we shouldn't be even at Euros 2020.

Followed by that, we will have a one-leg playoff against either Bulgaria/Israel/Hungary (most likely) then the winner will most likely meet Norway or Serbia (the other playoff) with a further one leg playoff final (coin toss to see who holds the final).

Havering on a bit, but tomorrow is hopefully (more hope than realism) of Scotland's road to Euro 2020.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

A hard-fought 2-1 win for the Scots I predict.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Reg

Post by Reg »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:A hard-fought 2-1 win for the Scots I predict.

Followed by a Willie Johnston style drugs-test scandal, as Scotland’s energetic midfield engine is revealed to be riddled with pacemankers.
Roy IN!!