Extra time

Talksport - the main station discussion place
The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: Extra time

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Maybe the safest thing would be to quarantine this fred until everything settles down MyWibbz? We can't be too careful I'm sure you'll agree
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Nay, Higgins Big Biilly is on weekends. With simple Sam Stevens. Not a brains trust. :roll: Sam desperate for any producer role.

Big Billy talking about his holidays in Chile with the in laws and watching soccer. Sure, the in laws aren't overly enamored with the beast of TS, a real fat cunt gknger joining their family and squashing their daughter, if that is true. :roll:

Big bad Billy hasn't seen little William for years.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Nothing can prepare a lady for the image and then, reality, of Big Billy Gavin, a ging sweating and a wheezing, pushing little Wiilly in. Thrust and go and how are the niners doing? :roll:

Such a disappointment for a.girl.

James90125

Post by James90125 »

Right pair of plonkers these two. Get Paul Ross back on.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Gavin’s exaggerated guffawing is a pain.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zippy

Re: Rushden and Glendenning

Post by Zippy »

"Cunt" - sjbarca

Roddy

Re: Rushden and Glendenning

Post by Roddy »

This is great !!!
Rushden being crushed by his own blandness for 6 hours.
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Rushden doing a mere four hours from down under. Hes a bit jetlagged. Hope he's seen housewife as well?

Hideous chat with an Oz journo about the Melbourne Cup. Max joshing along as his wont

Thank fuck just four hours only, Full show tomorrow. Still, on holiday and desperate to work says much.

But Max is needy. He needs someone to reply to him, good or bad and what if a random guest, he will use him.

A sad day that they need someone on holiday to do the show. Ged Mills is barely there, simple Sam Stevens isn't, fair enough, but perfect time for Geoff delivering intelligent sport. But lo, some shitcunt meeting his wife down under. :roll:

Gonna merge a couple of posts in. :)

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Ha, Max doing a working holiday. The man is desperate.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

James90125

Post by James90125 »

This is incredibly dull chat, all the way from Australia.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Thankfully been listening to Rhod the last couple of nights.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Poor old Max. On his remarkably self-admiring web site, he's somehow forgotten to update his FAQs since his days on Sky. Quite revealing, really - he so wants to think lots of people will want to read it, but, deep down, he knows that few will, so lethargy wins...

When people see Max in a pub, they sometimes come up and ask him some questions [Yeah, usually: 'Why are you such a massive tit?'. These are those questions answered.

FAQ

1. ARE YOU THAT BLOKE OFF SOCCER AM?
Yes.

2. REALLY?
Yes.

3. THAT MUST BE FUN?
Yes.

4. HOW DID YOU GET THAT?
(Short answer) Right place, right time.

(Medium answer) Got into radio after Uni, did lots of that. Did some TV. Sent a showreel to Sky Sports. Got offered Soccer AM.

(Long answer) Always said i’d be Des Lynam when i was growing up. Didn’t really do anything about it until I finished University, although I was the sports editor of the student newspaper. Went home to Cambridge, started turning up at BBC Radio Cambridgeshire for no money. [Oi, Max, you silly fellow, you forgot to include: went to very expensive public school and made full use of wealthy Dad's local and national academic and media connections]After a few weeks, got to read the football news one afternoon.

Started doing a post-grad journalism degree while continuing to work at Radio Cambridge. Started presenting shows. Did the longest ever radio show (6 days). Moved to BBC London 94.9 as a reporter/newsreader. Asked the boss for a show every month.

Eventually got the overnight show. Then they ran out of famous people, so was given the breakfast show. Did a couple of Fighting Talks on Five Live. Started doing TV for BBC London News and Inside Out on BBC1. Then got binned from the breakfast show cos Paul Ross turned up. Quit the BBC. Got the late show at TalkSport. Got offered Soccer AM.

5. WHAT DOES TUBES ACTUALLY DO?
Nothing.

6. WHAT'S HELEN LIKE?
Great.

7. CAN I WORK FOR SOCCER AM?
I don’t really decide that. The best thing to do is to email [email protected] with your CV.

8. HOW DO I GET INTO THE MEDIA?
First off, I’d recommend going to University. I did that and did a post-grad journalism degree. They’re by no means essential, but they’re fun and mean you’re just slightly more certain of what you want to do.

I’d also say start somewhere small – local paper or local radio. There are fewer people there, so you have do stuff. If you start somewhere big, you might find yourself just making tea and not really doing much, cos people are busy, and they can’t rely on someone who has no experience. That doesn’t mean you might not get lucky. But get as much experience from wherever you can.

You need to be really lucky, but also never give up. I sent about 8 demos to radio one, before they got me in for a pilot (on the day i didn’t nail it which was really frustrating), and Capital Radio offered me a show and the next day, the boss left so I never got it. And you never know when someone will come and give you a break (you also never know when they’ll take it away).

Oh and be nice to everyone.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Erskine Might wrote:Poor old Max. On his remarkably self-admiring web site, he's somehow forgotten to update his FAQs since his days on Sky. Quite revealing, really - he so wants to think lots of people will want to read it, but, deep down, he knows that few will, so lethargy wins...

When people see Max in a pub, they sometimes come up and ask him some questions [Yeah, usually: 'Why are you such a massive tit?'. These are those questions answered.

FAQ

1. ARE YOU THAT BLOKE OFF SOCCER AM?
Yes.

2. REALLY?
Yes.

3. THAT MUST BE FUN?
Yes.

4. HOW DID YOU GET THAT?
(Short answer) Right place, right time.

(Medium answer) Got into radio after Uni, did lots of that. Did some TV. Sent a showreel to Sky Sports. Got offered Soccer AM.

(Long answer) Always said i’d be Des Lynam when i was growing up. Didn’t really do anything about it until I finished University, although I was the sports editor of the student newspaper. Went home to Cambridge, started turning up at BBC Radio Cambridgeshire for no money. [Oi, Max, you silly fellow, you forgot to include: went to very expensive public school and made full use of wealthy Dad's local and national academic and media connections]After a few weeks, got to read the football news one afternoon.

Started doing a post-grad journalism degree while continuing to work at Radio Cambridge. Started presenting shows. Did the longest ever radio show (6 days). Moved to BBC London 94.9 as a reporter/newsreader. Asked the boss for a show every month.

Eventually got the overnight show. Then they ran out of famous people, so was given the breakfast show. Did a couple of Fighting Talks on Five Live. Started doing TV for BBC London News and Inside Out on BBC1. Then got binned from the breakfast show cos Paul Ross turned up. Quit the BBC. Got the late show at TalkSport. Got offered Soccer AM.

5. WHAT DOES TUBES ACTUALLY DO?
Nothing.

6. WHAT'S HELEN LIKE?
Great.

7. CAN I WORK FOR SOCCER AM?
I don’t really decide that. The best thing to do is to email [email protected] with your CV.

8. HOW DO I GET INTO THE MEDIA?
First off, I’d recommend going to University. I did that and did a post-grad journalism degree. They’re by no means essential, but they’re fun and mean you’re just slightly more certain of what you want to do.

I’d also say start somewhere small – local paper or local radio. There are fewer people there, so you have do stuff. If you start somewhere big, you might find yourself just making tea and not really doing much, cos people are busy, and they can’t rely on someone who has no experience. That doesn’t mean you might not get lucky. But get as much experience from wherever you can.

You need to be really lucky, but also never give up. I sent about 8 demos to radio one, before they got me in for a pilot (on the day i didn’t nail it which was really frustrating), and Capital Radio offered me a show and the next day, the boss left so I never got it. And you never know when someone will come and give you a break (you also never know when they’ll take it away).

Oh and be nice to everyone.

“Did the longest ever radio show [six days].”

Which, coincidentally, is how long his current show feels to its listeners.
Roy IN!!

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Hmmm, Mr Smug looked a bit out of condition in his Radio Cambridge days:

He's probably thinking: 'One day I'll be a regular on I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue - or failing that I'll nick the Mornington Crescent game and go where no one knows I didn't devise it!'

Reg

Post by Reg »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Maybe the safest thing would be to quarantine this fred until everything settles down MyWibbz? We can't be too careful I'm sure you'll agree

Merge all threads, THEN quarantine.
Roy IN!!