Huawei phones

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
theleader82

Huawei phones

Post by theleader82 »

Has anyone got a huawei phone. I’ve got an iPhone 5s but I only get 3gb of data a month which is rubbish . I’m always topping up. I read huawei are just as good if not better than apple. Which models are best? Which companies offer the best deals?
Man U and rangers

m4rkb

Re: Huawei phones

Post by m4rkb »

theleader82 wrote:Has anyone got a huawei phone. I’ve got an iPhone 5s but I only get 3gb of data a month which is rubbish . I’m always topping up. I read huawei are just as good if not better than apple. Which models are best? Which companies offer the best deals?

I've got one and it's fucking brilliant. Far better than your Samsungs and Apples for the price.

What I like most is Huawei's aggressive policy for shutting down unwanted background applications and keeping the phone running like a dream with no bloatware. I've had mine over a year and it has not slowed down one jot whereas all the other major players do.

First thing I did when I got it was delete all the spyware which is practically immoveable on other devices such as Facebook instagram and all the other kiddy apps. Previous Samsungs locked these apps in and kept them constantly running. Shut them down and they restart immediately despite the fact I will never use them.

Highly recommend getting one.

Mines only a Y6 but it is packed with advance features to compete with anything else at 4times the price. I haven't seen a feature on another phone mine won't do or that I want but the new ones look amazing quality for phone addicts.

I get the impression they are so good the yanks are more worried about the competition than the security threat.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

I have one and it's great. I'm actually posting from it now.
The only thing that concerns me is their links with the Chinese government the concerns about privacy issues, susceptibility to hacking by them and the Chinese regime's morally repugnanthytnhuzxertfdpnkxsc....wonderful technological innovations and cheap hardware which runs like a dream.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Seriously though, I do have one, a Huawei Mate 20 lite, and its the best phone I've ever had.
Genuinely. No Chinky hacking of Basualdo.
Proud Gammon

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Basualdo wrote:I have one and it's great. I'm actually posting from it now.
The only thing that concerns me is their links with the Chinese government the concerns about privacy issues, susceptibility to hacking by them and the Chinese regime's morally repugnanthytnhuzxertfdpnkxsc....wonderful technological innovations and cheap hardware which runs like a dream.

Equally Samsung facebook et al's links with the US/UK governments and the spyware they put on their phones which monitor us 24/7.

I somehow doubt the Chinese are as interested in my data as my own government.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

m4rkb wrote:
Basualdo wrote:I have one and it's great. I'm actually posting from it now.

Equally Samsung facebook et al's links with the US/UK governments and the spyware they put on their phones which monitor us 24/7.

I somehow doubt the Chinese are as interested in my data as my own government.

Agreed. The sanctimonious pretense of the pious Western regimes is sickening.
Proud Gammon

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Do you guys have contracts or pay as you go?
Man U and rangers

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

I'd just like to point out that our census forms have a barely noticeable box that you have to tick if you don't want our very own beneficent, caring and all wise civil service run administration to sell your personal data to all and fucking sundry.

Not and 'opt in' choice of them flogging your personal info to the highest bidder, but an 'opt out'.
Think about that.

Automatically they will whore out any personal detail you put down on that form to any gutter scum or sewage spawned junta that coughs up the readies.

And these are the people we trust with our welfare.

At least the Yellow Peril is up front and honest about the contempt in which they hold their populace.
Proud Gammon

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

theleader82 wrote:Do you guys have contracts or pay as you go?

Unlocked phone and Plusnet Sim for 6 quid a month with unlimited texts and calls and 5GB data which is quite enough for my use.

Phone was 40 quid from a mate - brand new and boxed.

Smashed the screen a week back so bought a new LCD display off the net for fifteen holes, fitted it Wednesday and it looks like it's straight out the box again and runs just as well as ever.

I'd say get one.

The End

Post by The End »

Just bought my third one yesterday. I wouldn't buy anything else. The value is fantastic. Anyone who spends four times as much on an iPhone is a fucking idiot.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Singing The Blues

Post by Singing The Blues »

Bought one a couple of months ago after using iPhones for years. Value is fantastic compared to Apple and I will not be going back.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

They can't use Andriod anymore. I've got a Pixel 4 which is rather good, but I'd say the best value for Andriod at the moment is the OnePlus 7T. The Pixel 3a are good value as well.

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

I have had a P20 pro since it came out - the quality of the photos it takes is stunning. Had a play with the new P30 pro today, the macro mode was incredible, it was like having a microscope in my hand
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

I thought about going for the Galaxy S10+ a few months ago but the contract price was too high and the data package was only a few GBs (can't recall the exact amount).
The Carphone Warehouse lassie I dealt with suggested the P20 Pro as it was the same phone she had and she let me see some of the pictures she's taken with it (nothing candid, unfortunately) and the quality of the shots was superb.

I got the phone and changed my provider to Vodafone who were offering it for £36 a month with unlimited data. It's been a great phone so far and I'm impressed with the pictures it takes.

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Shedboy wrote:I thought about going for the Galaxy S10+ a few months ago but the contract price was too high and the data package was only a few GBs (can't recall the exact amount).
The Carphone Warehouse lassie I dealt with suggested the P20 Pro as it was the same phone she had and she let me see some of the pictures she's taken with it (nothing candid, unfortunately) and the quality of the shots was superb.

I got the phone and changed my provider to Vodafone who were offering it for £36 a month with unlimited data. It's been a great phone so far and I'm impressed with the pictures it takes.

I took a great shot of my boys on it and thought I'd get it blown up and framed for my missus, the guy in the print shop asked me what camera I used and couldn't believe it had been taken with a phone.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"