Insanely expensive printer cartridges

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Insanely expensive printer cartridges

Post by Basualdo »

Reg wrote:
Basualdo wrote:The razor cartel is under a bit of pressure from these 'shave club' things. In fact at least one of "big razor" has started it's own one in the States. Plus Gillette shat the bed with their now infamous recent ad campaign which made a lot of men say "fuck them" and sign up for clubs.

What ad campaign was that?

A virtue signalling ad berating men for "toxic masculinity" and they used those words. It went down as well as Del in a ......well anywhere and their share price tanked immediately after.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

The razor companies aren't too happy about feminists cultivating big hairy fannies, unshaven armpits and legs that look like they belong to Chewbacca - not to mention transwomen who feel the need to grow a huge beard.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Anyone remember that nude picture of the absolute hound with the giant muff that was a bit of a meme around here about a decade ago? It looked like the Jackson Five were using her box as a rehearsal room. It certainly looked big enough.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Basualdo wrote:Anyone remember that nude picture of the absolute hound with the giant muff that was a bit of a meme around here about a decade ago? It looked like the Jackson Five were using her box as a rehearsal room. It certainly looked big enough.

Dig into that hard drive and post up a picture.

Reg

Post by Reg »

JimmyDee wrote:I've never had a problem with this site. Don't let the name put you off :-)

https://www.stinkyinkshop.co.uk/

Cheers. :smt023

Just ordered a pack of two recycled cartridges for £17.

Hope they work. :x
Roy IN!!

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Basualdo wrote:
Reg wrote:
Basualdo wrote:The razor cartel is under a bit of pressure from these 'shave club' things. In fact at least one of "big razor" has started it's own one in the States. Plus Gillette shat the bed with their now infamous recent ad campaign which made a lot of men say "fuck them" and sign up for clubs.

A virtue signalling ad berating men for "toxic masculinity" and they used those words. It went down as well as Del in a ......well anywhere and their share price tanked immediately after.

See here, Reg, 1.5M dislikes:

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Reg

Post by Reg »

Carlos J wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
Reg wrote:

See here, Reg, 1.5M dislikes:

Ah yes, I remember it now.
Roy IN!!

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

m4rkb wrote:Don't the computer chips in the ones you refill detect they've been refilled and refuse to work?

Yeah they do the absolute bastards.
I bought a generic, cheaper cartridge for a printer a while back, it was exactly the same as the manufacturers, but when I put it in I got a cartridge not recognised message.
So I popped out the chip from the old one and stuck it in the new cartridge.
I then got a message saying the ink had run out again.
Arseholes.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Trouble is that Cartridge World seems to have gone bust. I always used to get my ink from them. But the two shops local to me have both gone.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

WHAT A WASTE OF INK
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:WHAT A WASTE OF INK

HORRRRRRSE!!!
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

Steve Hunt wrote:Trouble is that Cartridge World seems to have gone bust. I always used to get my ink from them. But the two shops local to me have both gone.

Cartridge World are cunts. They're supposed to be able to refill ink cartridges, so I went in one time with an ink cartridge and the guy there said they can't refill that type, but he could sell me one they could refill next time. So great, I bought that one, probably Cartridge World's own brand or something. Then when it needed refilling I took the cartridge back in and was told they don't refill that type.

I wonder if printers have a series of secret buttonpresses to get them into some sort of service/engineers mode like you can with many other things. I've googled and can't find anything, but I bet such a thing exists. The secret will be closely guarded, because if you could bypass all that bullshit the printer ink industry would be ruined.
I really am a biatch

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

I print every I need at work. Sadly, they recently started using some recycled paper that is an off white. So, bought a ream of proper paper and keep that in my locker and use it when needed. One of the small perks of working nights.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Carlos J wrote:I print every I need at work. Sadly, they recently started using some recycled paper that is an off white. So, bought a ream of proper paper and keep that in my locker and use it when needed. One of the small perks of working nights.

^ tight arse.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Just write everything down. Job done, money saved.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On