Football on Amazon

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
MisterWhite

Football on Amazon

Post by MisterWhite »

Amazon are going to show some big matches over the next few weeks.
I don't want to put myself in hock to them so how can I watch these matches. I have a distrust of signing up with credit card details.
Can one sign up short term and use Amazon or is there some streaming site that won't do the dirty and empty by credit card account.
You may guess I am not that well versed in this area.
Detailed 'what to do' would be appreciated.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: Football on Amazon

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

How do you usually watch big matches?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

MisterWhite wrote:Amazon are going to show some big matches over the next few weeks.
I don't want to put myself in hock to them so how can I watch these matches. I have a distrust of signing up with credit card details.
Can one sign up short term and use Amazon or is there some streaming site that won't do the dirty and empty by credit card account.
You may guess I am not that well versed in this area.
Detailed 'what to do' would be appreciated.

Have you ever ordered anything off Amazon before?
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

MisterWhite

Post by MisterWhite »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:How do you usually watch big matches?

Sky or BT. But I can hardly afford any more subscriptions. PAYG could be managed.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

MisterWhite wrote:

Sky or BT. But I can hardly afford any more subscriptions. PAYG could be managed.

I have just the basic Amazon Prime subscription of £8 a month and the matches are included in that. That's cheaper than Netflix and not even close to Sky's rip off prices.
Proud Gammon

MisterWhite

Post by MisterWhite »

Basualdo wrote:
MisterWhite wrote:

I have just the basic Amazon Prime subscription of £8 a month and the matches are included in that. That's cheaper than Netflix and not even close to Sky's rip off prices.

I don't have or want Netflix. I don't want Prime. I do order a few things off Amazon but I manage to find a good mumber of post free so no Prime needed.
I thought the matches that Amazon have are only over a relatively short time span, so i want something that doesn't lock me in fora long time.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

MisterWhite wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
MisterWhite wrote:

I don't have or want Netflix. I don't want Prime. I do order a few things off Amazon but I manage to find a good mumber of post free so no Prime needed.
I thought the matches that Amazon have are only over a relatively short time span, so i want something that doesn't lock me in fora long time.

I was just using Netflix to point out the difference in prices. I have Netflix but will probably cancel in the new year as it's shite now.

If you trust Amazon enough to buy stuff off them already, then it won't be too much more of a stretch, if one at all.

However Amazon Prime do a 30day free trial. Do that for the month and the matches and then cancel just before the 30days are up. Cost you nothing.
Proud Gammon

MisterWhite

Post by MisterWhite »

Basualdo wrote:
MisterWhite wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
MisterWhite wrote:

I was just using Netflix to point out the difference in prices. I have Netflix but will probably cancel in the new year as it's shite now.

If you trust Amazon enough to buy stuff off them already, then it won't be too much more of a stretch, if one at all.

However Amazon Prime do a 30day free trial. Do that for the month and the matches and then cancel just before the 30days are up. Cost you nothing.

Thanks. I might try that.

MisterWhite

Post by MisterWhite »

I've done the Prime and it's working for me. Must remember to cancel at the end of the month.
Thanks again.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

:yawinkle:
Proud Gammon

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

MisterWhite wrote:I've done the Prime and it's working for me. Must remember to cancel at the end of the month.
Thanks again.

Also some decent shows on there worth checking out over Xmas.

Bosch, The Boys, American Gods, The Expanse, The Grand Tour and a good few others.
Proud Gammon

Clivert

Post by Clivert »

I'd forgotten what a bloody dreadful pundit Jim Beglin is.