Rushden and Glendenning and Baker

Talksport - the main station discussion place
carcinogen

Re: Rushden and Glendenning

Post by carcinogen »

What did Perry just say? He's furiously back-tracking and he's already sincerely apologized, not once but twice now. So has Max. I think he said, "If I used the 'wrong' words and offended anyone I am very sorry. LOL.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

IMAKEYOURIGHT

Post by IMAKEYOURIGHT »

^^ He described someone as having 'an absolute Holocaust'...Cue silence from Max whilst you can picture his brain ticking as to whether to just move on and hope no-one heard it, or apologise. He (Max) chose to move on and cue lots of apologies shortly after.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

According to twitter he described a keeper has having a "holocaust". Jezza Corbyn, as an Arsenal fan, must be the only person applauding. Good old TS - obsesively telling its listeners how prejudiced they are whilst employing people who sound far worse.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Oh dear. Will JWOTS be demanding Perry is removed from his show?

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

'The good news, Perry: you'll save your job by attending special political awareness sessions. The bad news: Dean Saunders will be driving you there'.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

The TS offence-o-meter as it currently stands:

Cartoons of black people sent by black people to black people: an utter disgrace.

Stereotyping Italian people as murderers and mocking their accent: just a giggle.

References to the persecution of Jewish people: depends who's saying it, really, eh, Max (are you still on-message with Sheamus and co?), but generally a no-no, just to be on the safe side.

Allardyce etc referring to Klopp as 'just another soft German': perfectly fine.

Mocking and stereotyping the Welsh: bad if it's rugby, fine if it's football.

Use of antisemitic chants at Spurs games: er, we've too many Spurs fans to even go there.

Bulgarian racism: an absolute no-no, unless Nat's on air(ean) at the time.

All of this may change, however, we're just waiting for Lord Hugh Wotzit's latest update.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

That's funny. Seems like a really odd way to use the word 'Holocaust'. I bet all the production team wore-snoozing off and then he dropped that bomb and someone in the legal department fell backward of their chair and spilled his cup of tea all over himself. HAHA. What a prat, why on earth would anyone use that word to describe the performance of a footballer? It just doesn't make sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Last edited by carcinogen on Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

His only chance is to reference Jimmy Stewart in The Philadelphia Story: 'You're lit from within, Tracy. You've got fires banked down in you, hearth-fires and holocausts'. Somehow I doubt Perry will make the connection.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Erskine Might wrote:His only chance is to reference Jimmy Stewart in The Philadelphia Story: 'You're lit from within, Tracy. You've got fires banked down in you, hearth-fires and holocausts'. Somehow I doubt Perry will make the connection.

I was wondering why when I typed-in Holocaust to a photo of James Stewart showed-up. LOL. Someone tell Rachel Riley, she'll have his balls on a plate by breakfast.

James90125

Post by James90125 »

He's said sorry, let's just move along now.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Hugh Wotzit still has John Barnes enduring the horrors of hell for not agreeing with him. Not that it bothers John, who was one of the FIFA Legends enjoying VIP treatment last night at the Liverpool game. But Hugh probably still imagines John is desperate for his papal pardon. I'd expect Hugh to do the consistent thing and denounce Perry this week. Come on, Hugh - Barnes is black and look how you treated him! Perry's white, there shouldn't be any hesitation about this! Get that gavel banging!

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

Erskine Might wrote:Mocking and stereotyping the Welsh
The person on TS who’s most guilty of stereotyping the Welsh is Deano. Bring him back anyway.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

At least he IS Welsh, rather than just some gingery English bloke who as a kid was taught a few rain-sodden lessons of rugby by a pervy Welsh emigre.

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

Max Rushden is an insufferable merchant banker.

He's one of the big reasons I rarely listen to TS anymore.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Max Rushden reading out from the forum: "Here's one: 'Max Rushden is an insufferable merchant banker. He's one of the big reasons I rarely listen to TS anymore'. Coh! I hear what you're saying, and you're not alone, my friend!"

Glendenning: 'Dis is whhhhat is so embarrassing about dis show, so it is. The whole ting is a shambles!'

Rushden: You are not wrong Barry, my friend! We may get taken off the air at any moment, and, let's be honest, it'll be deservedly so, but first, while there's still time, here are a couple of...vignettes!...'

[Continues for three hours]