Bowel cancer any tips?

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Vespa

Re: Bowel cancer any tips?

Post by Vespa »

Intravenous chemo tomorrow that means two things 1. I'll lose 2kg in two days 2. I'll feel sick as a pig for ten days.

I've lost 11kg in lean mass since starting chemo, I've been told I've now got a dad's body.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Yikes. :( I'm sorry to read this, Vespa. Good luck with the chemo. :heart: Take care, Wonder Woman!
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
You're not alone
I'll wait 'til the end of time
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

lambrini wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:04 pm Yikes. :( I'm sorry to read this, Vespa. Good luck with the chemo. :heart: Take care, Wonder Woman!
I@ve got about two months to go and then the chemo should be over.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

I can only go from watching my wife and felt guilty that myself and the family had cajoled her to go through this after her operation to hopefully give her a better chance of the cancer not coming back. It changed her ,did things with her mental state and we wondered what she would be like when the course was over.
Took a while but she is back as the person she was before the cancer and in October it will be time for her 2 year re-scan after the operation to make sure the cancer has not returned.
It aint nice Vespa as you will have already experienced but necessary to give every chance of a successful operation and recovery.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

delboy1983 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:37 pm I can only go from watching my wife and felt guilty that myself and the family had cajoled her to go through this after her operation to hopefully give her a better chance of the cancer not coming back. It changed her ,did things with her mental state and we wondered what she would be like when the course was over.
Took a while but she is back as the person she was before the cancer and in October it will be time for her 2 year re-scan after the operation to make sure the cancer has not returned.
It aint nice Vespa as you will have already experienced but necessary to give every chance of a successful operation and recovery.
People talking about fighting cancer, really you just ride the treatment train. I had my intervenous treatment today in a mobile chemo truck and for the next 14 days I have to take 14 pills a day. Then I repeat, the hardest part is taking the pills.

I hope she's doing well.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Vespa wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:01 pm
delboy1983 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:37 pm I can only go from watching my wife and felt guilty that myself and the family had cajoled her to go through this after her operation to hopefully give her a better chance of the cancer not coming back. It changed her ,did things with her mental state and we wondered what she would be like when the course was over.
People talking about fighting cancer, really you just ride the treatment train. I had my intervenous treatment today in a mobile chemo truck and for the next 14 days I have to take 14 pills a day. Then I repeat, the hardest part is taking the pills.

I hope she's doing well.
She is thanks
Beat this bugger
All the best Vespa
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

NHS sent me a text this morning telling I should leave the house until 30th of June unless it's to visit one of their buildings. I don't think I've been indoors this long ever, even as a baby. It's like doing time.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:52 pm NHS sent me a text this morning telling I should leave the house until 30th of June unless it's to visit one of their buildings. I don't think I've been indoors this long ever, even as a baby. It's like doing time.
O noes. :( Take care, Vespa. Do you have a garden?
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
You're not alone
I'll wait 'til the end of time
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

lambrini wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:35 pm
Vespa wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:52 pm NHS sent me a text this morning telling I should leave the house until 30th of June unless it's to visit one of their buildings. I don't think I've been indoors this long ever, even as a baby. It's like doing time.
O noes. :( Take care, Vespa. Do you have a garden?
We have a garden with a nice garden room. Unfortunately, a week to ten days after I have oxaliplatin I suffer from numbness if I'm exposed to the cold. Good news is I'm about six to eight weeks from finishing chemo.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Think of it as you being on the NHS' Platinum Shielding Plan
A joyless arsehole.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Cancelled my flights for my little holiday today. Next year I'll take a long one.

davidarthur

Post by davidarthur »

Just seen this - all the best Vespa and hope all goes well for you

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

davidarthur wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:16 pm Just seen this - all the best Vespa and hope all goes well for you
Thanks.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Vespa wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:03 pm Cancelled my flights for my little holiday today. Next year I'll take a long one.
:( :( :(

Most important thing is you make a full recovery, Vespa.

You are still young - you have plenty of time to make up for cancelled plans.

Hope you are doing ok? Well, as ok as you can be given the treatment.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Steve Hunt wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:06 am
Vespa wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:03 pm Cancelled my flights for my little holiday today. Next year I'll take a long one.
:( :( :(

Most important thing is you make a full recovery, Vespa.

You are still young - you have plenty of time to make up for cancelled plans.

Hope you are doing ok? Well, as ok as you can be given the treatment.
I wouldn't be able to see the people and do the things I wanted anyway, so next year it'll be easier and more fun.