Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones jr

Anything sportlike
carcinogen

Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones jr

Post by carcinogen »

Can't wait. What a fight! Two legends in the ring together. Who else is excited? Don't all raise your hands up at once. I am lookng forward (not really) to Gareth A. Davies' take, or Steve 'Market Trader Loudmouth Cunt' Bunce's opinion on the match-up of the century. My guess is that there will be a lot of hang-wringing and navel-gazing: "It's a disgrace", "It does a disservice to boxing" ... etc. As they take coin from commenting on it. LOL, if only they had some sense of self-awareness. They'd fucking commit suicide.

“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

JimmyDee

Re: Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones jr

Post by JimmyDee »

I'd like to see Shouty "Steve" Bunce in a fight to the death with ... well, almost anyone young and super-fit.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Isn't Tyson a convicted rapist?

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Vespa wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:18 pm Isn't Tyson a convicted rapist?
He is indeed, Vesp-o, as Mike Parry never tired of pointing out ... until Mike Tyson was sitting opposite him, and then he stopped pointing it out :-)

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

subsub

Post by subsub »

JimmyDee wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:23 pm
Vespa wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:18 pm Isn't Tyson a convicted rapist?
He is indeed, Vesp-o, as Mike Parry never tired of pointing out ... until Mike Tyson was sitting opposite him, and then he stopped pointing it out :-)
:lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

subsub wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:18 pm :lol:
I'm just wondering who'll pay to advertise this? At some point, a victim's group is going to point out he is a convicted rapist.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

What will the slogan be? "Rapper or Raper ... who fucking cares now?"
It's odd how some celebs get away with things others are never forgiven for. That 1988 Olympics 100m Final, for example. No, the Women's one :-)

In simpler times there were 7 weight-divisions in boxing and one World Champion in each; now there's about 14 divisions, at least 3 World Champions, a "Linear" Champion, an Inter-continental Champion ... and other titles too numerous to mention. There's a "World-title" fight every other day [*], and I can't really blame the non-boxing public for watching a fight between two people they've actually heard of :-)
---
* Not NOW, obviously, but this time last year, and probably by this time next year.

====
Edited to Add:
I know what the sound-track will be ... breathy girly-wirly-voiced female singer mangling Nirvana's "Rape Me", like they have in all ads now.

alan bolivia

Post by alan bolivia »

Total mismatch. As faded as Tyson is he is still a one of hardest hitting heavyweights of all time. Jones is hall of famer who was once blisteringly fast and skill full. But let’s not forget he’s a blown up middleweight. Tyson will Ko him easily inside 2 rounds

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Not uncommon for boxers to carry on into middle age against better advice. Rocky Mariano, joe Louis, Muhammad ali, george foreman. All guilty as charged. And the incentives are varied. Money, nostalgia, boredom, renewed fame.

Deeply sad state of affairs.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Tysons gonna batter him, Jones has been getting the fuck beaten out of him in russia for years now
Build Back More Betterer

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Vespa wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:20 pm
I'm just wondering who'll pay to advertise this? At some point, a victim's group is going to point out he is a convicted rapist.
He boxed on for 13 years after the rape conviction and Floyd Mayweather was beating the shit out of women for years and it didn't affect his career one iota

Jones is halfway to being a cabbage aleady, this fight will be a complete car crash
There's no poem, just prose.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Yeah surprisingly, the boxing community isn't populated by sjws.
Build Back More Betterer

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:23 pm
Vespa wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:20 pm
He boxed on for 13 years after the rape conviction and Floyd Mayweather was beating the shit out of women for years and it didn't affect his career one iota
Jones is halfway to being a cabbage aleady, this fight will be a complete car crash
Indeed.. Served his time and fought again, Yes, call him a rapist cunt, but hey, he fought again.

Anyway. Tyson will gas after 3 or 4. RJJ will walk it. :box: :arrow:

No fucker should pay for awfulness.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?