Farage exposes illegal immigration

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Zambo

Re: Farage exposes illegal immigration

Post by Zambo »

Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:33 am
Zambo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:26 am Myth or not, why don't they?
The vast majority do, they scramble to the nearest border and end up stuck there. Look at Syria - Turkey has more Syrian refugees than the rest of the world combined. Let's be honest if any of us where surviving in Turkish refugeee camp and had the means to get out and go to Europe we'd take it.
Yeah, but why do they risk their lives in an overcrowded rubber dinghy meandering in and out of shipping channels, when the don't need to. What is the big attraction of the UK?
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

subsub wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:24 pm
Roy Twing wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:17 pm
subsub wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:53 pm
theleader82 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:26 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm
theleader82 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:14 pm
Let’s shear this around.

It’s about time the government got there priorities in order.

This tool can’t even spell simple words. How can one take this shit seriously? Leado, did you put this on your wall? You should be embarrassed of yourself.
Ex servicemen shouldn’t be on the streets. They should be ahead of boat people who get put up in Hilton hotels for months on end, or asylum seekers given accommodation in upmarket london
Dear Daily Mail…
So do you disagree with that statement, or do you believe it's inaccurate?
Or are you doing an emily thornberry?
I disagree with the statement.
This notion that asylum seekers get five-star treatment is just nonsense.
And the ex-servicemen line is such a lazy, populist thing to say. Ideally, there would be nobody on the streets, but that's not realistic.
Ha anyone claimed the illegal immigrants are getting 5 star treatment?
The ex-servicemen position may be populist, but is it true or not?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Britain is either the greatest place on Earth or there's nothing special about it and immigrants should fuck off back to where they came from. A lot of people seem to want to believe both at the same time for some reason.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Using the image of a suffering soldier is a classic way to drum up resentment towards immigrants. It focuses on blaming the latter rather than the useless government that oversees all this.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:40 am
The vast majority do, they scramble to the nearest border and end up stuck there. Look at Syria - Turkey has more Syrian refugees than the rest of the world combined. Let's be honest if any of us where surviving in Turkish refugeee camp and had the means to get out and go to Europe we'd take it.
Yeah, but why do they risk their lives in an overcrowded rubber dinghy meandering in and out of shipping channels, when the don't need to. What is the big attraction of the UK?
Because given the choice of staying in a horror camp or risking death travelling somewhere else - risking death is their preferred option. Personally given the choice of living in a tent in a desert, behind wire, armed guards, no running water, rape, murder and desease to trying my luck to live anywhere in Europe I'd jump in the dinghy.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Saints11 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:36 am
When you put it like that its quite understandable, however a quick glance at a map of Europe suggests someone in Turkey would need to pass through 6 countries and the English channel to arrive in the UK.

Why not just settle in Bulgaria? :|
Maybe they speak English and not Bulgarian? Who knows, I assume once they are in Europe and travelling they make up their mind which country they'd like to end up in and head that way.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:49 am
Because given the choice of staying in a horror camp or risking death travelling somewhere else - risking death is their preferred option. Personally given the choice of living in a tent in a desert, behind wire, armed guards, no running water, rape, murder and desease to trying my luck to live anywhere in Europe I'd jump in the dinghy.
Are you saying that in all of the six 'safe' countries that many of them cross, they would be locked away in a horror camp and starved to death? I think Angela Merkel would have something to say about that, don't you?

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:55 am
Are you saying that in all of the six 'safe' countries that many of them cross, they would be locked away in a horror camp and starved to death? I think Angela Merkel would have something to say about that, don't you?
No.

Saints11

Post by Saints11 »

Some light reading. . .

Section 11
The concept of first country of asylum
Introduction: international standards
Application in law and practice
Criteria for designating a country as a first country of asylum

The notion of ‘sufficient protection’
Inadmissibility grounds
Readmission: how Member States satisfy themselves that an applicant will be
readmitted to the first country of asylum
Authorities responsible for taking decisions applying the concept of first country of
asylum
Use of the criteria set out in Article 27 (1) when applying the concept of first country
of asylum

Section 11
The concept of first country of asylum
Introduction: International Standards
The concept of first country of asylum is defined in Article 26 of the APD:
A country can be considered to be a first country of asylum for a particular applicant
for asylum if:

(a) s/he has been recognised in that country as a refugee and s/he can still avail
him/herself of that protection; or

(b) s/he otherwise enjoys sufficient protection in that country, including benefiting
from the principle of non-refoulement;
provided that s/he will be re-admitted to that country.

In applying the concept of first country of asylum to the particular circumstances of an
applicant for asylum Member States may take into account Article 27 (1).

It should be noted that Member States are not required to apply the concept of first
country of asylum, as Article 26 is a permissive provision.1

However, in accordance with
the APD, those Member States which apply the concept are not required to examine
whether an applicant qualifies as a refugee or for subsidiary protection status, where a
country which not a Member State is considered as a first country of asylum for the
applicant pursuant to Article 26.2

In other words, the Member State may consider such
applications as inadmissible.

Destination countries may have interests in reducing irregular movements. As such, the
concept of first country of asylum may be seen as a potential deterrent to irregular
movements by refugees. However, UNHCR notes that the causes of secondary
movements are manifold and include, among other things, a lack of durable solutions,
limited capacity to host refugees and a failure to provide effective protection in some
third countries. Therefore, the assessment of whether a third country does constitute a
first country of asylum requires a careful and individualised case-by-case examination.
mentioning other members is not allowed in signatures

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:57 am
No.
No what? I asked you a straightforward question, and all you have done is avoid it and deflect.

Why do many immigrants risk their lives to come here, when nearer save havens are available? If you don't know, just say that.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Roy Twing wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:34 am
VeritasVincit wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:26 am I've always admireed Farage for telling it like it is.
Ever since on Question Time when the subject of expenses for MEPs came up.
He defended the large expenses.
"It's not expenses. It's an allowance". !
Was he lying or telling the truth?
Absolute truth.
The expenses he got he had to account for.
The allowance was just provided, no requirement to account for it.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Zambo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:05 am
No.
No what? I asked you a straightforward question, and all you have done is avoid it and deflect.

Why do many immigrants risk their lives to come here, when nearer save havens are available? If you don't know, just say that.
The main reason they head here is that if they have any foreign language capability it will be with English
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:45 am
No.

The main reason they head here is that if they have any foreign language capability it will be with English
So they clamour to risk their lives to that extent, because they don't want to learn German, Italian, Spanish or French.

paolo

Post by paolo »

No.

They cross the badlands of France ...... cos of the lingo?

You can get my in most traditional European countries speaking English

Keep them out
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

No.

Yep - that'll be the reason :roll:
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE