Kowalski

Re: Afro Day

Post by Kowalski »

No what have I said that is racist.

Bit of an odd comment.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Monello wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:01 pm Today's is World Afro Day. A day to celebrate the beauty and versatility of Afro hair, as well as raise awareness about hair discrimination and inequality.

Apparently for Black people, hair is political and carries a weight of historical meaning.

How's about changing it to Chip on the Shoulder Day, or to even things up, let's have a Mullet Day or a Short Back and Sides Day.

#barnetsmatter
On a scale of 1-10 how much did the existence of World Afro Day have an effect on your life?
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Combine it with a Seventies Nostalgia thing, Jive-Talking, Blaxploitation films, Cleopatra Jones , Detroit Spinners ,The Real Thing .

6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Monello

Post by Monello »

Lot's of questions about this.

Firstly, it's why it exists for starters. The fight against equality is one of the reasons which is just more pc crap, and more bleating about discrimination. What about a ginge day, that had to be cancelled due to Covid-19. That's what I call discrimination.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

So a day supposedly designated as afro day would've skipped everyone's attention if not for alt right hysterics.

The naysayers are making a bigger deal of this than the odd few who came up with the idea.

Monello

Post by Monello »

You are missing the point. I couldn't care less how many groups have their day, but this is a silly idea based on supposed discrimination against people with frizzy hair. Who cares what type of hair anyone has, but for people to be persuaded that they need to make a stand about it, is really pathetic, and I bet it's not those who have Afro hair that has organised it.

What about fat ass or small dick day, we need more celebration days.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Monello wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:14 am You are missing the point. I couldn't care less how many groups have their day,
Starts a thread about it on an internet forum
Monello wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:14 am but this is a silly idea based on supposed discrimination against people with frizzy hair.
It's not
Monello wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:14 am Who cares what type of hair anyone has, but for people to be persuaded that they need to make a stand about it, is really pathetic, and I bet it's not those who have Afro hair that has organised it.
Not sure anyone is making a stand. It's more of a celebration. You know like Pride or Shakespeare Day
A joyless arsehole.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Monello wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:20 am Lot's of questions about this.

Firstly, it's why it exists for starters. The fight against equality is one of the reasons which is just more pc crap, and more bleating about discrimination. What about a ginge day, that had to be cancelled due to Covid-19. That's what I call discrimination.
Who is claiming to be fighting AGAINST equality?
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Monello wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:14 am You are missing the point. I couldn't care less how many groups have their day, but this is a silly idea based on supposed discrimination against people with frizzy hair. Who cares what type of hair anyone has, but for people to be persuaded that they need to make a stand about it, is really pathetic, and I bet it's not those who have Afro hair that has organised it.

What about fat ass or small dick day, we need more celebration days.

You do care. The fact that you've initiated and continued a debate about it is evidence of that.

If it's that insignificant then you should treat it as such.

antdad

Post by antdad »

I'm having a drinking beer in pants while watching reruns of Moonlighting day, I don't expect anybody to join me but you can if you want.

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

antdad wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:45 pm I'm having a drinking beer in pants while watching reruns of Moonlighting day, I don't expect anybody to join me but you can if you want.

I'm with you on all of that!

Are the moonlighting re runs on a terrestrial channel or a subscription service?
It was a brilliant show in its day, and never seemed to be shown again after its original run.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

How much custard can you hold in your underpants competition .
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Afro day sounds like great craic

Deserves to be celebrated and I hope it takes off and gets more popular year on year.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Kowalski wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:29 am No what have I said that is racist.

Bit of an odd comment.
You are saying you want to wear one but won't because you'll be called a racist. I've asked you who would call you a racist and your answer is something something Adele.

If you wear an afro wig who will call you a racist?

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

kancutlawns wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:33 pm
Carlos J wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:04 pm I'm sure you can start mullet day if you want.
Billy Ray Cyrus Day.

:lol:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.