POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
You're not alone
I'll wait 'til the end of time
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

kevin04

Re: Mike Parry

Post by kevin04 »

Heard most of his Saturday show and quite enjoyed it.

I'm biased, and for every person like me, there's 3 who hate him and his persona ; but he's actually improving as a solo broadcaster. It's a decent mix of jovial Porky along with some interesting topics and guests. I think its the way he words things or his vocabulary at times that can make him funny, IMO. He has some odd/strange expressions - often when he's going a 100 words a minute and rambling on.

He had Danny Kelly on a few weeks ago and it was very good.

Cutting a fine line between the court jester and Election Night serious Porky. Its not going to win any awards for broadcasting, but a very nice listen if you are at work, bored, or on your own with nothing better to listen to or do.

It's more enjoyable the MK's show.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

kevin04 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:39 am Heard most of his Saturday show and quite enjoyed it.

I'm biased, and for every person like me, there's 3 who hate him and his persona ; but he's actually improving as a solo broadcaster. It's a decent mix of jovial Porky along with some interesting topics and guests. I think its the way he words things or his vocabulary at times that can make him funny, IMO. He has some odd/strange expressions - often when he's going a 100 words a minute and rambling on.

Cutting a fine line between the court jester and Election Night serious Porky. Its not going to win any awards for broadcasting, but a very nice listen if you are at work, bored, or on your own with nothing better to listen to or do.

Kelly and Porky was an underrated duo, IMO.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

MrTea

Post by MrTea »

Zippy wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:06 am
kevin04 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:39 am Heard most of his Saturday show and quite enjoyed it.

Kelly and Porky was an underrated duo, IMO.

Kelly brings the best out of most people he works with, much prefer him with Jordan though.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

It's a decent mix of jovial Porky along with some interesting topics and guests. I think its the way he words things or his vocabulary at times that can make him funny, IMO.

+1, Kevin. I also enjoy Pork'y show more than MG's. Unfortunately, and rather bizarrely, MG has morphed into a cross between Rush Limbaugh and a Poundland Tucker Carlson. Piers Morgan wiped the floor with him last week. Embarrassing.
( ◡‿◡ )
You're not alone
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Another good Planet Porky this week. It normally consists of Beatles chat, Fleet Street and tales of celebrity shagging and it works just fine.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Yeah I enjoy it. Old porky loves a story about ladies and his non commitment to them.

I reckon LAJ would have been fit back in the day. She has one of those alluringly attractive voices

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

henrycrs wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:12 am Yeah I enjoy it. Old porky loves a story about ladies and his non commitment to them.

I reckon LAJ would have been fit back in the day. She has one of those alluringly attractive voices

Word has it she went top and tail with Rick and Francis, Henners.

Also good friends with Freddie, John Entwistle and a few other rocknrollers...

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

"The 👏🏻 disco 👏🏻 is 👏🏻 not 👏🏻 dead!"

( ◡‿◡ )
You're not alone
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

What is about blokes of a certain age think that wearing a cloth cap makes them look trendy ?(see also David Bumble Lloyd)

It doesn’t, you look like a cunt.
There's no poem, just prose.

shivah

Post by shivah »

Piss pot doing the breaking news on Talk Radio at the moment.

The ignorant gobshite can hardly read (he only writes with crayon) let alone bra cast. Why do they insist on using this fucking demented ignorant twat?
Grunt is a Chunt.

shivah

Post by shivah »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:05 pm What is about blokes of a certain age think that wearing a cloth cap makes them look trendy ?(see also David Bumble Lloyd)

It doesn’t, you look like a cunt.
Then you realise with Parry, it's not the hat.
Grunt is a Chunt.

antdad

Post by antdad »

He's losing or has lost most of his hair although he may think that he looks like a Peaky Blind cnut. Did I hear correctly on H&J that he's managed to wangle two slots at the weekend on TF?

shivah

Post by shivah »

antdad wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:53 pm He's losing or has lost most of his hair although he may think that he looks like a Peaky Blind cnut. Did I hear correctly on H&J that he's managed to wangle two slots at the weekend on TF?
Yeah Sunday 1-4 too. Talk Radio must be fucking desperate.
Grunt is a Chunt.