Zambo, you are the ref.

Anything sportlike
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Zambo, you are the ref.

Post by Carlos J »

Mike Dean. A cunt again, my old Mod mate?
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Carlos J wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:02 pm Mike Dean. A cunt again, my old Mod mate?
A definite showboating, look at me, arrogant cunt.

Soucek was being pushed by Mitrovic. You could ask the question why was Soucek's elbow that high, but it was a 'stop pushing get the fuck off' type of reaction, rather than a deliberate elbow. He only brushed Mitrovic anyway, and his theatrical fall to the ground was pathetic.

Hope the card gets overturned.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

It's a start, but they need to make refs more accountable, and ditch VAR, which is making officials bags of nerves. They also need to reverse the ridiculous law changes they have made in recent seasons.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... rrors.html

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Just looking red cards were banned from 1981 to 1987 in the English league.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

ccreds wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:55 pm Just looking red cards were banned from 1981 to 1987 in the English league.
Players thought it was too easy for refs to use cards to caution and send off so they stopped it. They really are just a visual aid, but when the ref got his book out and pointed to the tunnel, the message was pretty clear anyway imo.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Zambo wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:14 pm
ccreds wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:55 pm Just looking red cards were banned from 1981 to 1987 in the English league.
Players thought it was too easy for refs to use cards to caution and send off so they stopped it. They really are just a visual aid, but when the ref got his book out and pointed to the tunnel, the message was pretty clear anyway imo.
So when a player got sent off it was two yellows in that time?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

ccreds wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:21 pm
No, it was just the use of the cards which were stopped, both yellow and red, as the FA felt it was causing over use. Players still were cautioned and sent off just the same as they were before cards were introduced. FIFA brought them back in 87.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

I've been meaning to ask this for some time.
In your refereeing career, which will I imagine stretch from the local park level to the top professional level;
have you ever been or felt physically intimidated while refereeing, before, during and after. And what, if anything could you and did you do about it.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Zambo wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:01 pm
ccreds wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:21 pm
No, it was just the use of the cards which were stopped, both yellow and red, as the FA felt it was causing over use. Players still were cautioned and sent off just the same as they were before cards were introduced. FIFA brought them back in 87.
Got it now Zam. Cheers.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

VeritasVincit wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:11 pm I've been meaning to ask this for some time.
In your refereeing career, which will I imagine stretch from the local park level to the top professional level;
have you ever been or felt physically intimidated while refereeing, before, during and after. And what, if anything could you and did you do about it.
Well I didn't make it to the top VV. They used to be called tiers back in my day in the pyramid system, and are now called levels. Premier League level one, Championship level 2, League 1 level 3, League two level 4, right down to grass roots. I was two steps away from reffing in the football league.

As for being intimidated, a couple of times after games, but not during. Worst one was at Cowes Sports when I had my dressing room door kicked in after one game after I'd sent a couple of Bashley players off near the end of a game. It was a bit scary for a while but they didn't come in. I kept looking over my shoulder in the bar afterwards, and I may have mentioned this one before, but Charlie George had travelled with the Bashley team, I think he lived in the New Forest in those days, and he came over and apologised. Nice touch.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

I asked becasue i'd seen a mention of Fergie and it was often said the he intimidated refs. Wouldn't this have been rubbish?
Would officials really be worried about what ha said. they had the aiuthorities on their side.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Could be my blue tinted specs but I can't really make my mind up about this...

Martinez calling for Rudiger's head as it was to him a completely deliberate shoulder barge and he should've seen red. Rudiger does not change direction or lean in to foul KdB just stopping once the pass has been played, what else could he do? KdB on the other hand plays the pass and with head down accelerates hard and straight into TR not seeing him at all and why the impact probably did the damage it did. Shame he might miss the Euros but more accidental than deliberate imo.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

VeritasVincit wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:29 am I asked becasue i'd seen a mention of Fergie and it was often said the he intimidated refs. Wouldn't this have been rubbish?
Would officials really be worried about what ha said. they had the aiuthorities on their side.
There are strong and weak refs just as there are in any group of people. I think that some may well have been influenced and wanted to keep him sweet as often as possible without making it glaringly obvious.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Rudiger's challenge was late, the ball had gone. Saw it as deliberate body check, without intent to injure.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Fair enough.