Windows 11

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
Zambo

Windows 11

Post by Zambo »

Available from today. Who's going for it now?

Got a message on my Windows Update screen, telling me my PC is not compatible for an upgrade, which was a bit surprising as it's only one year old (doesn't meet the system requirements). So I downloaded the suggested app (PC Healthcheck) and when I ran it, it said my PC supports a secure boot, the processor is supported for Windows 11, and there is enough RAM. Problem seems to be around something called TPM 2.0 which needs to be supported and enabled, but it wasn't detected. Had a scoot round, but it started talking about stuff I'm mot familiar with and how to bypass the TPM requirement.

Windows 10 will be supported for another four years.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: Windows 11

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Back away, slowly
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

antdad

Post by antdad »

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/how-to/ ... equirement

If you don't need the new features of Win 11 I wouldn't bother, running native android could be handy and integrated Teams, other than that it's looking more and more like a god damn hippy Mac OS which of course I adore.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

They're just in the public beta tasting stage :D

Jump in Zambo
A joyless arsehole.

birdie

Post by birdie »

I got the message that Win 11 was available on my laptop so 'upgraded', what a mistake, some of the simple things like the time on the calendar aren't there, other things seem to be 'hidden' and not as easy to get to, so went to recovery and did the 'go back to Win 10', now, every time I switch the laptop on it takes the best part of 45 minutes to install updates and the bloody thing goes back to Win 11, so I have to do the 'go back to Win 10' again.
Don't bother with it, it's more bother than it's worth, don't want to go back to factory settings as I'll lose whats on, so, perhaps after a few more go backs to Win 10 the system might get the message.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

They are going to support 10 until 2024 I think, so there is no rush to upgrade.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On