Lifelong supporter of XXXXXX Party

In-depth debate on all topical issues
subsub

Re: Lifelong supporter of XXXXXX Party

Post by subsub »

JimmyDee wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:06 pm If we really must draw analogies with football*, then what about the "protest vote"; how does that translate into fandom?

Possibly ... "I'm an Arsenal fan, but I hope we get beaten just to stop Spurs doing some fucking thing".
How do we all feel about that? Cutting your nose off to spite your face, some may say.

(*) and we don't, of course.
I guess it would be something like if Arsenal were playing Chelsea, and an Arsenal win would hand Spurs the title, then I assume 99.9% of Arsenal fans would want Chelsea to beat them.
Obviously, Spurs will never win the league in my lifetime, so we're talking hypothetically :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

VeritasVincit wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:36 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:08 am
VeritasVincit wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:14 pm Would you vote for the party that since 1997 has put up the following MPs.
Ian Stewart - an idle sod, who we then got lumbered with as Mayor of Salford.
Hazel Blears - expenses fiddler
Rebecca Wrong-Bailey - tells lies . I know they all do, but hers affects us here.
We used to have honourable MPs. They'd turn in their graves at this lot.
I’d have to take a look at all the candidates and make a thoughtful choice. Rather than plonk my mark down just because that person represents a certain “team”. Which is the whole point of this thread.
Some of us did take a good long look at these and decided not to support them. Unfortunately in this area a mentally deficient monkey would get elected if it wore the correct rosette.
Hence why I started this thread. I can’t get my head around people who support a Party effectively because of its name.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Never understood why there isn't an English nationalist party on the mould of the SNP or plaid cymru - I'd think it would do quite well.

Salem

Post by Salem »

Vespa wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:03 pm Never understood why there isn't an English nationalist party on the mould of the SNP or plaid cymru - I'd think it would do quite well.
Maybe because it would be construed as a nasty racist party .

You know , Scotish Nationalism good , Welsh Nationalism good , English Nationalism................filthy racist .

What's the point ?
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Salem wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:08 pm
Vespa wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:03 pm Never understood why there isn't an English nationalist party on the mould of the SNP or plaid cymru - I'd think it would do quite well.
Maybe because it would be construed as a nasty racist party .

You know , Scotish Nationalism good , Welsh Nationalism good , English Nationalism................filthy racist .

What's the point ?
To be fair all the English nationalist parties I've seen are indisputable racist, but they were set up as racist parties. But, I don't see a problem setting up a party whose goal is to represent English voters in a union of three and a half countries that isn't populated knuckle dragging racists.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Because english nationalism is based on supremacism, aggression and exclusivity whereas its scots and welsh counterparts are based on a resistance to said supremacism and a more open hearted ethos. Mind you, I'm not entirely keen on the scots and welsh varieties either.

A watered down and fair minded english national party would be dismissed as too soft and woke for those who already have a more robust approach in mind.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

The Tick wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:16 pm
Because english nationalism is based on supremacism, aggression and exclusivity whereas its scots and welsh counterparts are based on a resistance to said supremacism and a more open hearted ethos. Mind you, I'm not entirely keen on the scots and welsh varieties either.

A watered down and fair minded english national party would be dismissed as too soft and woke for those who already have a more robust approach in mind.
What a load of tosh

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Denial is not a river in Egypt.

Salem

Post by Salem »

There you go Vespa , the Tick has proved my point . You're welcome
"There was one victim"

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Salem wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:20 am

One person out of the entire voting population of England proves your point?

Salem

Post by Salem »

Vespa wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:56 am
Salem wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:20 am

One person out of the entire voting population of England proves your point?
You should know that the minority rule now . Even though it's one voice (?) on this forum , others out there see it the same and they shout louder than the majority .

An English nationalist party would be a target for the rabid left , no matter how many there are of them
"There was one victim"

birdie

Post by birdie »

VeritasVincit wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:29 pm
Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:08 pm
VeritasVincit wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:14 pm Would you vote for the party that since 1997 has put up the following MPs.
Rebecca Wrong-Bailey - tells lies . I know they all do, but hers affects us here.
Don't forget Joan Lestor who we had foisted on us after she was kicked out in another seat in '83.
We haven't fared too well, MP wise.
Yet you keep on voting them in.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

birdie

Post by birdie »

VeritasVincit wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:36 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:08 am
I’d have to take a look at all the candidates and make a thoughtful choice. Rather than plonk my mark down just because that person represents a certain “team”. Which is the whole point of this thread.
Some of us did take a good long look at these and decided not to support them. Unfortunately in this area a mentally deficient monkey would get elected if it wore the correct rosette.

I may be mistaken (probably am) but didn't Hartlepool vote in a monkey as Mayor many decades ago, or was it when they hanged a monkey because they said it was a spy? :lol:

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

birdie wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:37 pm
Don't forget Joan Lestor who we had foisted on us after she was kicked out in another seat in '83.
Methinks you are under a misaprehension.
I haven't voted any of them in. Which should be clear from what I posted.

birdie

Post by birdie »

VeritasVincit wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:15 pm
birdie wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:37 pm
Methinks you are under a misaprehension.
I haven't voted any of them in. Which should be clear from what I posted.
Apologies, by 'you' I did, of course, mean the electorate of that constituency.