A long boring story about why I'm pissed off.

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
VeritasVincit

A long boring story about why I'm pissed off.

Post by VeritasVincit »

Before the boring tale. If you don’t want boring, don’t read on.

I’m 79 and suffering from a bad knee and walking with a stick. The dog is 13+ and walks very slowly and can’t climb up or onto things anymore.

The path is along a long-disused railway embankment, overgrown on both sides. The dog went to the edge when he heard something, and put his feet on the slope. He moved a little way down then he couldn’t get a grip to get back up. Next thing, he’s slipped and rolled all the way to the bottom. The bottom area is a jungle with a thick covering of vegetation, so he had a soft landing.
He tried a few times to get back up but couldn’t manage the slope, so sat there looking pathetic.
I decided to go down to lead him through the jungle to another path some way off. Then I slipped on the slope and ended face down in the thick nettle patch.
So we are both now at the bottom. I slowly navigated through the overgrown jungle, with him now following. Tricky as you can’t see what you are stepping on. So carefully that I then bang my head, hard, on an overhanging branch.
We finally both make it back to a path a slowly walk home, with my hands and face starting to irritate badly, and a sore head.

Which is why I am totally, 100%, completely pissed off, with very itchy hands and face and a painful head.

lambrini

Re: A long boring story about why I'm pissed off.

Post by lambrini »

Oh bless you both. 😢 Poor doggo! Take care, mate.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sorry to hear that VV. Take care and rest up. In my youth I remember that where there were nettles, there were dock leaves not very far away, and they were very effective, until I could put some chamomile or witch Hazel on.

Not much consolation I know, but my back is breaking after cleaning my patio the hard way with Fairy, soda crystals and a firm yard broom. I'm too tight to get a pressure washer and the exercise is good, well so they say
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

VeritasVincit wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:09 am Before the boring tale. If you don’t want boring, don’t read on.

I’m 79 and suffering from a bad knee and walking with a stick. The dog is 13+ and walks very slowly and can’t climb up or onto things anymore.

The path is along a long-disused railway embankment, overgrown on both sides. The dog went to the edge when he heard something, and put his feet on the slope. He moved a little way down then he couldn’t get a grip to get back up. Next thing, he’s slipped and rolled all the way to the bottom. The bottom area is a jungle with a thick covering of vegetation, so he had a soft landing.
He tried a few times to get back up but couldn’t manage the slope, so sat there looking pathetic.
I decided to go down to lead him through the jungle to another path some way off. Then I slipped on the slope and ended face down in the thick nettle patch.
So we are both now at the bottom. I slowly navigated through the overgrown jungle, with him now following. Tricky as you can’t see what you are stepping on. So carefully that I then bang my head, hard, on an overhanging branch.
We finally both make it back to a path a slowly walk home, with my hands and face starting to irritate badly, and a sore head.

Which is why I am totally, 100%, completely pissed off, with very itchy hands and face and a painful head.
If it’s any consolation you’ve just made me laugh my bollocks off :smt044 :smt044

Obviously with the caveat that I hope neither you or the dog are too badly hurt.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

paolo

Post by paolo »

VeritasVincit wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:09 am Before the boring tale. If you don’t want boring, don’t read on.

grim, but could have been so much worse

dock leaves on nettle stings, cuddle for dog, hot bath for you and you fight another day

glad ur both ok
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

The dog is unharmed and is acting normally, which means walking very slowly and sleeping a lot in the house. My stings have reduced, strangely I couldn't find any dock leaves there, so I tried every antiseptic, ointment, bicarb in the house.

This is what can happen when you get old and less active and agile. Last year it was tripping on a cobble in Madrid and going full length in the street, while my equally old lady slipped in the airport terminal. A couple of years before, it was me tripping on a very small stone while dog walking and making a mess of my face. That time the dog came to help me with a good licking.

It's all age related and one can't do much about it apart from staying in the house all day.

antdad

Post by antdad »

My old dog Charlie with increasingly failing eyesight kept running into drainage ditch in one field I used to frequent, hilarious at first third time not so much as it was stagnant and rank. Don't let it put you off though, lick your wounds and carry on.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

antdad wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:57 am My old dog Charlie with increasingly failing eyesight kept running into drainage ditch in one field I used to frequent, hilarious at first third time not so much as it was stagnant and rank. Don't let it put you off though, lick your wounds and carry on.
I've had similar with an earlier dog, except he couldn't blame it on poor eyesight. he just love wallowing in mud and water.
My dog is my sixth, I accept that dogs are dogs and get into scrapes so I have to put up with their antics.

antdad

Post by antdad »

My idiot dog has aquired a taste for silage, she loves it and makes a beeline for it whenever she spots it on a field. Good for her microbiome but her excrement comes out a funny colour.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

antdad wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:48 am My idiot dog has aquired a taste for silage, she loves it and makes a beeline for it whenever she spots it on a field. Good for her microbiome but her excrement comes out a funny colour.
When I read the first sentence I was expecting "she rolls in it". How wrong I was.

antdad

Post by antdad »

I won't share with you my ideas on milking her and making dog cheese then.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

antdad wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:14 pm I won't share with you my ideas on milking her and making dog cheese then.
What?!! :lol:

Forget doge coin! Doge cheese...?! :lol:
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

antdad

Post by antdad »

:) Well dogee.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

antdad wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:47 pm :) Well dogee.
Chez pls! Such yellow, so rubber. Wow.

:lol:

( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Is this code for you getting bummed by a demon
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN