Popeyes chicken

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
theleader82

Popeyes chicken

Post by theleader82 »

There’s a popeyes chicken opening soon in my town. Apparently they’re big in America. Any good? Nice to try something different to kfc. We’ve got one of those German doner places too, gdk, proper kebabs
Man U and rangers

antdad

Re: Popeyes chicken

Post by antdad »

How can you eat that foreign muck?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:33 pm There’s a popeyes chicken opening soon in my town. Apparently they’re big in America. Any good? Nice to try something different to kfc. We’ve got one of those German doner places too, gdk, proper kebabs
GDK has been around for years now. It’s a bit dull now, had it many times now and it’s quite a tired form of fast food. How many burger chains are there? Is this just the same old shite with different sauces and a different bun?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:45 am
theleader82 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:33 pm There’s a popeyes chicken opening soon in my town. Apparently they’re big in America. Any good? Nice to try something different to kfc. We’ve got one of those German doner places too, gdk, proper kebabs
GDK has been around for years now. It’s a bit dull now, had it many times now and it’s quite a tired form of fast food. How many burger chains are there? Is this just the same old shite with different sauces and a different bun?
Alright Mr LaDeeDa Gunner Lawns with his hi falutin Jay Rayner-esque commentary on drunk's scran.

Only the freshest brioche bun and the finest 100% kobe beef patties for the Black Country Bourdain here.
Would you like some truffle drizzle on top of it?
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Why don’t you try it when it opens and report back?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

I thought there was a thread on Popeye's and there was: https://talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=34505
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Plopeyes more like
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Arty Morty

Post by Arty Morty »

Awful stuff. I'd heard that they were good so went to the one in Syracuse when we were up there. Never again. The one that everyone raves about is Chick-fil-A, but there isn't one that close to me. One day I'll give them a try.
If I could get lucky I'd secede from the states
I'd buy the country at an incredible rate

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

Popeye's is ok for stuff like boneless chicken tenders and some cracking sauces.

Jollibee does better burgers but Silms Chickens is pretty decent too.

GDK - only thing with bothering with is their small wraps but go within the first 2 hours of opening as the meat won't taste like an old leather wallet because it won't have had that long to dry out.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Doesn’t it all just come down to personal preference?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

black_guardian wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:55 pm Popeye's is ok for stuff like boneless chicken tenders and some cracking sauces.

GDK - only thing with bothering with is their small wraps but go within the first 2 hours of opening as the meat won't taste like an old leather wallet because it won't have had that long to dry out.
Jaqks is actually decent. A few around Birmingham.

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

kancutlawns wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:37 pm
black_guardian wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:55 pm Popeye's is ok for stuff like boneless chicken tenders and some cracking sauces.

Jaqks is actually decent. A few around Birmingham.
Not checked that out yet but I'll ask my nephew as he's up in Brum every week!

Meat & Eat in Wolverhampton is a superb place. Small, not flashy but good value for money and their beef brisket is soft and tender.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>