Earphones compatible with Samsung Galaxy

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
lambrini

Earphones compatible with Samsung Galaxy

Post by lambrini »

Samsung phone users, which earphones do you use? It appears that my lovely pair of wired Sony earphones are no longer compatible with my Galaxy A53 since the adapter isn't working. I could go down the wireless earphones route but I've had signal issues with them before and would prefer not to spend a few hundred quid on a Samsung pair. Inexpensive Samsung wired earphones would work but cheaper options tend to have poor sound quality.

Thanks ❤️
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

antdad

Re: Earphones compatible with Samsung Galaxy

Post by antdad »

As long as the earphones still work just replace the adapter which should be 3.5mm to USB Type C?

I think I've had the same sort of problem with my iphone when using my Bose wired, the adapter is rather vulnerable and gets clobbered over time and connections compromised. Drove me absolutely fecking mad as it was randomly turning off and changing channels, new adapter stopped that.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Twenty quid ankers from amazon, bosh
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Assuming you have USB C I've got a pair of these for back up for my pixel buds and they are rather good.

Code: Select all

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Type-C-Earphones-EO-IC100BBEGWW-Black/dp/B085RN9GRX

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

antdad wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:36 pm As long as the earphones still work just replace the adapter which should be 3.5mm to USB Type C?

I think I've had the same sort of problem with my iphone when using my Bose wired, the adapter is rather vulnerable and gets clobbered over time and connections compromised. Drove me absolutely fecking mad as it was randomly turning off and changing channels, new adapter stopped that.
Your suggestion worked! Thanks, Ant.

The adapter's paper note made me laugh: "Have problem this order? Let us know. Like product? Share your shopping experience!" All your base are belong to us. What you say! :lol:

( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

antdad

Post by antdad »

Oh good, I've gone back to wired (mostly) after spending a small fortune on wireless buds. Got a bit fed up tapping my ears and charging the buggers.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

antdad wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:54 pm Oh good, I've gone back to wired (mostly) after spending a small fortune on wireless buds. Got a bit fed up tapping my ears and charging the buggers.
They're not worth the money, are they? A decent pair of Samsung ones cost 200 quid or more. 200 quid! I know I'll spend most of my time frustrated by the signal, charging them or trying to find them. Lol.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

antdad

Post by antdad »

They can be really good nowadays tbf especially with decent noise cancelling and they are very convenient, depends how you use them. Ideal for when you truely want to be hands free and I like having one bud in my ear and then pretending to be listening :lol:

My relatively old wired Bose are just really comfy and sound quality is generally better with wired, signal really shouldn't be a problem though.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

I’ve given in to using Samsung Galaxy earbuds, and despite resembling a thirty-something with hearing aids, the sound quality is amazing. The buds feel comfy; I love the lilac colour, too.

Not bad price-wise, 99 quid.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break