Bowel cancer any tips?

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Vespa

Re: Bowel cancer any tips?

Post by Vespa »

antdad wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:59 am @Vespa. So how do you physically pay for meds coming out of I assume is a NHS hospital pharmacy?
They send me a bill.

To put this in context, a few months ago they admitted me. They couldn't find a bed in the private ward so put me on a NHS ward - didn't bother me. They then charged me for the NHS bed.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Just about to finish my first week of pill-based chemo, I'm down to the last three treatments - something they call the 'survival line' - it's been pretty good. Now I've been off the other drug for six weeks I've stopped bleeding from my nails and stuff and feel pretty good.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:58 am Just about to finish my first week of pill-based chemo, I'm down to the last three treatments - something they call the 'survival line' - it's been pretty good. Now I've been off the other drug for six weeks I've stopped bleeding from my nails and stuff and feel pretty good.
Good news, Vespa 🐝
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
“The forum's saucy upstart” –Ghost
“Solid broess” –Sadact7
“Decent long termer”–Paolo

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

lambrini wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:10 pm
Vespa wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:58 am Just about to finish my first week of pill-based chemo, I'm down to the last three treatments - something they call the 'survival line' - it's been pretty good. Now I've been off the other drug for six weeks I've stopped bleeding from my nails and stuff and feel pretty good.
Good news, Vespa 🐝
So far, I get some blood tests next week to see if it's working.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:33 pm
lambrini wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:10 pm
Good news, Vespa 🐝
So far, I get some blood tests next week to see if it's working.
:heart: :heart: :heart:
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Got a call from my consultant last night. They are going to try to put me on a clinical trial. He's written to the pharma company to get permission. Means I have to move from private back to NHS because all trials are done on the NHS so I need to phone AXA today. Be interesting to see how it goes - if anyhwere.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Vespa wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:02 am Got a call from my consultant last night. They are going to try to put me on a clinical trial. He's written to the pharma company to get permission. Means I have to move from private back to NHS because all trials are done on the NHS so I need to phone AXA today. Be interesting to see how it goes - if anyhwere.
Good luck, Vespa :)
WOKE AND PROUD

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

subsub wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:05 am
Vespa wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:02 am Got a call from my consultant last night. They are going to try to put me on a clinical trial. He's written to the pharma company to get permission. Means I have to move from private back to NHS because all trials are done on the NHS so I need to phone AXA today. Be interesting to see how it goes - if anyhwere.
Good luck, Vespa :)
Thanks, man. When I first started chemo, medical trials seemed like a magic bullet. Now I'm on my sixth form of chemo I've learned that chemo is pretty random per. individual and medical trials in very rare cases can seem like miracles but in the majority of cases just extend life. Statistically, I'm in the last year of my expected life so if it does extend life that would be welcome.

antdad

Post by antdad »

I was at my elderly demented Ma's the other day with a tablet open on or and around one of your posts. She was very taken with your moniker and asked what it was, I said it was gay man who's not very well that I occasionally engaged with.

When's the wedding she asked. :shock: :lol:

Thoughts and prayers.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

antdad wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:11 am I was at my elderly demented Ma's the other day with a tablet open on or and around one of your posts. She was very taken with your moniker and asked what it was, I said it was gay man who's not very well that I occasionally engaged with.

When's the wedding she asked. :shock: :lol:

Thoughts and prayers.
Hope your Ma is doing well.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I've got everything crossed for you Vespa. You have been a beacon of light and an inspiration the way you have handled your health issues, and trust that this new direction will be a beacon of hope for you.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:18 pm
I've got everything crossed for you Vespa. You have been a beacon of light and an inspiration the way you have handled your health issues, and trust that this new direction will be a beacon of hope for you.
Thanks man, if it works out I'll be happy.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

+1
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

lambrini wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:15 pm
+1
Thanks lambrini.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:28 pm
lambrini wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:15 pm
+1
Thanks lambrini.
You deserve it, Vespa..❤️
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7