Everton's problem and its implication

Anything sportlike
dingdongthewitchisdead

Re: Everton's problem and its implication

Post by dingdongthewitchisdead »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:40 pm Burnham is in every fucking thing, an incredibly tiresome little shitcunt
loves the limelight!
i never listen now .

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

chelseachelsea wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:35 pm
VeritasVincit wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:36 pm
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:40 pm Burnham is in every fucking thing, an incredibly tiresome little shitcunt
He's busy building up a bank of "I did/said/was in favour of that" in advance of the election for Greater Manchester mayor next year. He's stupid though, if he thinks supporting a Merseyside club will get him any support in Greater Manchester.
How did he get voted in then??
He got 67% of the votes. On a 34% turn-out. General voter apathy for the post.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

I like him.

And the fact he doesnt pretend to support a Manchester club. Some wouldn't have that much integrity.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Does that include the integrity show protesting about Everton's ten point deduction from his season ticket box?
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Zambo wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:31 pm Does that include the integrity show protesting about Everton's ten point deduction from his season ticket box?
This week or last week as they were at Forest today?
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Thwre were a number of regional politicians who raised concerns about the points deduction, including Mayor of Liverpool Steve Rotheram and Mayor for Greater Manchester Andy Burnham, who is an Everton season ticket-holder.

I just wonder if he would have complained the same if it had been da Pool.

I just found the comment on integrity funny.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

As predicted, they aren't being sued for £300 million.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Zambo wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:57 pm Thwre were a number of regional politicians who raised concerns about the points deduction, including Mayor of Liverpool Steve Rotheram and Mayor for Greater Manchester Andy Burnham, who is an Everton season ticket-holder.

So glad to have amused you.

How many politicians do you know who claim to support some team or another because they have been told it will help their image? And later it is exposed as a shame In this case Burnham stood by his EFC loyalty even while running for Metro Mayor.

And it was Burnham who represented Blair at the 96 anniversary event and scrapped his speech in the face for a new inquiry, and went back and got one.

It was Burnham who tried in 2010 to get an all-party approach to reforming social care, only for the Tories to refuse. And 13 years later they have done nothing.

Oh and he is quite prepared to speak out against Labour policy if he thinks it is bad for his region. Good for him.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I have no idea what that's got to do with Jack shit, it certainly hasn't got anything to do with Burnham rubbishing the points deduction because he supports Everton.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

You talked about integrity and I said that of our current crop he has some , and many don't.

As for the points deduction, I agree with him. But as a well-known Blue he is bound to be asked.
They have been unfairly treated when you look at the abuse perpetrated unpunished by others.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:25 pm
Zambo wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:57 pm Thwre were a number of regional politicians who raised concerns about the points deduction, including Mayor of Liverpool Steve Rotheram and Mayor for Greater Manchester Andy Burnham, who is an Everton season ticket-holder.

So glad to have amused you.

How many politicians do you know who claim to support some team or another because they have been told it will help their image? And later it is exposed as a shame In this case Burnham stood by his EFC loyalty even while running for Metro Mayor.

And it was Burnham who represented Blair at the 96 anniversary event and scrapped his speech in the face for a new inquiry, and went back and got one.

It was Burnham who tried in 2010 to get an all-party approach to reforming social care, only for the Tories to refuse. And 13 years later they have done nothing.

Oh and he is quite prepared to speak out against Labour policy if he thinks it is bad for his region. Good for him.
Yes he isn't afraid to speak out. He's doing it all the time in Greater Manchester. There'll be more and more speaking out in the next five months.
if you were a little cynical you would suggest that he's preparing his image for next year's mayoral election. Then if you were just a little more cynical you would suggest that his ultmate aim is to get back in Westminster and become Labour leader.
Surely I can't be that cynical.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

It's hard to know how a politician can get respect here.

We hear all the time about ones who lie and cheat, but it seems that those who speak their mind are also ripe for a kicking.

I'd be surprised if Burnham would struggle to be re-elected; if that's what he wants, especially with the general swing towards Labour. Yes he might want to get back to Westminster but his chances of replacing Starmer are miniscule.