Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Salem

Re: The Israel thread

Post by Salem »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:46 pm
birdie wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:57 am
Salem wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:26 am To be fair Birdie , i urge you caution when relying on anything Auntie Beeb reports .

I'd fact check it first
So which news gathering organisation should I be looking at?
You clearly don't fact check anything else. Salem, that is
I see your meds kicked in and realised your post was originally very vague which is soooooooo unlike you :D
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Israel's indiscriminate wanton destruction isn't limited to Palestinian people anymore.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/02/worl ... -gaza.html

What We Know About the Israeli Strike That Killed 7 Aid Workers in Gaza

antdad

Post by antdad »

Folks are beginning to look a bit silly now, never thought Alan Duncan would stick his head above the parapet.

birdie

Post by birdie »

When this latest breach of 'war convention' happened I'm almost certain that the news reported that Israel said that they shot at the convoy because they were targeting a Hamas big nob who was, supposedly, on one of the vehicles.
Israel is now saying it was a unfortunate mistake, bloody hell, the vehicles were marked on the roof and windscreen and, I think, on the sides, and a spokeswoman for the organisation said that the Israeli's had been informed, and, apparently, sanctioned, the route the convoy was taking.

What's the betting that the persons who sanctioned and carried out the attack will never be found and the Israeli enquiry will just be a whitewatsh.

A cynical person could speculate about whether this attack was planned so as to deter any other attempts by welfare organisations to deliver aid to the people of Gaza, after all, if voluntary aid organisations don't deliver aid Israel cant be said to be committing war crimes by withholding aid.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Salem

Post by Salem »

It's not like Hamas has used these aid convoys as cover for the movement of men and weapons before , is it ?
"There was one victim"

antdad

Post by antdad »

birdie wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:40 pm
What's the betting that the persons who sanctioned and carried out the attack will never be found and the Israeli enquiry will just be a whitewatsh.
It was Colonel AI from the library.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 23039.html

birdie

Post by birdie »

Salem wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:57 pm It's not like Hamas has used these aid convoys as cover for the movement of men and weapons before , is it ?
You seem to be saying it's OK to kill 7 to get one and to kill 33k to get a couple of hundred.

Salem

Post by Salem »

birdie wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:02 pm
Salem wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:57 pm It's not like Hamas has used these aid convoys as cover for the movement of men and weapons before , is it ?
You seem to be saying it's OK to kill 7 to get one and to kill 33k to get a couple of hundred.
I wouldn't say that I'm happy about it but if that's what it takes to wipe Hamas out of existence to ensure the survival of Israel , so be it

And as for 33,000 dead , I'd take that with a pinch of salt considering the source of the figure .......the Hamas led Gaza Health Ministry.

I've said from the start of this war , in this thread , if ANY country had committed the butchery which Hamas did on Oct 7th to this country , I'd demand my Government did the same . Turn the place into glass along with Iran
"There was one victim"

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Salem wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:02 pm I wouldn't say that I'm happy about it but if that's what it takes to wipe Hamas out of existence to ensure the survival of Israel , so be it
You can't wipe out an ideology.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Salem

Post by Salem »

carcinogen wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:36 pm
Salem wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:02 pm I wouldn't say that I'm happy about it but if that's what it takes to wipe Hamas out of existence to ensure the survival of Israel , so be it
You can't wipe out an ideology.
Good point , well made Carc .

Unfortunately you can't live peacefully alongside certain ones either . They won't allow you to
"There was one victim"

birdie

Post by birdie »

Both sides are as guilty as each other.
Israel has been turfing Palestinians off their land and houses and giving them to Israeli settlers, which is, I believe, illegal, but the world has turned a blind eye because 'it's Israel'. and Israel can do nothing wrong, until it does and its still ignored and excused.
I suppose the footage of of Israeli settlers harrying firearms and threatening any Palestinian who dares to come within shooting range of what used to be their home and farm are fake and I suppose the footage of 12ft high wall in front of a Palestinian farmers house, cutting him off from his farm, are also fake.
But never mind, Israel can do no wrong.
Is it any wonder people fight back with the only way open to them, terrorist act, and who can blame them.

Israel wants every Palestinian either dead of out of Gaza so it claim it for itself and settle more illegal Israeli settlers , the people of Gaza want to live on the land their ancestors lived on since before the Romans executed a Jewish preacher.
Your cant reason with zealots and Israel has more than its share, and so this conflict will go on until the rest of the world stops pussyfooting around Israel and condemns it for being what it is, a great big war criminal, and my 'eck, coming from a nations which only came into being because of another war criminal is, to say the least, a cause for some amusement.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

After watching this 15 minutes of shouting, there is no way this can be resolved peacefully.

Salem

Post by Salem »

birdie wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:17 pm Israel wants every Palestinian either dead of out of Gaza so it claim it for itself and settle more illegal Israeli settlers
If that's the case then why did Israel evict 9000 Israeli settlers from 25 settlements along with withdrawing all IDF installations and personnel from Gaza in 2005 to hand over power to the Palistinian Authorities ?

Fast forward to 2007 when the Palistinians voted in the animals of Hamas . Since then , Gaza has recieved billions in foreign aid . And how have Hamas spent that money ? Weapons and a tunnel network for war bigger than the London underground. They haven't spent it on education , health or making the everyday lives of the Palistinians better . Do you know why ? I'll enlighten you . Hamas don't give a fuck about the Palestinians . .

They're not as bad as one another as you say . There's a massive difference. Israel protect their citizens , your friends Hamas hide behind them
"There was one victim"

birdie

Post by birdie »

I didn't say that either side were blameless, I said that both are as bad as each other.

Can you honestly say that you believe that targeting 3 trucks carry aid and clearly marked as such was 'an unfortunate mistake'?

You carry on defending the actions of Israel, and I'll carry on believing that Israel is no better than a murderous out of control regime.

Israel want to erase Gaza to the ground and all its population and anyone who thinks otherwise is well, I wont say it as the truth hurts.