FA Cup 23/24

Anything sportlike
black_guardian

Re: FA Cup 23/24

Post by black_guardian »

Loved it. It's like the 80s never left. Languishing in the league but still up for the cup!
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

chelseachelsea wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:29 pm
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:17 pm Couple of decent results today
+1

As per gents:
Sadact7 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:35 pm
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:30 pm Stick that up your arse lawns and all you villa CUNTS
West London Glamour Boys deliver a sound THRASHING to the West Midlands Gonad Garglers 8)

I knew you would anyway. Chelsea and United have not yet had the contractually obligated annual cup meeting thus far.
Fingers crossed.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

It's been a while since I enjoyed watching football...not sure what the formula was exactly, a mixture of things. Although as per usual, some of the commentary left a bit to be desired ... but I'm nit-picking.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Saints11

Post by Saints11 »

Warm and welcoming
mentioning other members is not allowed in signatures

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Saints11 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:35 am Warm and welcoming
:lol: :dart:

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Just seen Leicester’s first goal from yesterday. Yikes! 😬

Not only was it a foul throw but Disasi’s misery was compounded by receiving a big kiss from his eejit of a goalkeeper. Talk about when your lucks not in.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The semi draw was a bit unusual. Can't remember them ever doing one, without giving the number for each team first.

Is Pougatch a United fan?

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Zambo wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:07 pm The semi draw was a bit unusual. Can't remember them ever doing one, without giving the number for each team first.

Is Pougatch a United fan?
Good spot that.
There's no poem, just prose.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

JudgeTedd wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:45 pm Just seen Leicester’s first goal from yesterday. Yikes! 😬

Not only was it a foul throw but Disasi’s misery was compounded by receiving a big kiss from his eejit of a goalkeeper. Talk about when your lucks not in.
Good spot, foot miles off the ground. Just another example of match officials not enforcing the basics, like throws from wrong place, encroachment and keeper moving at pens before kick taken. So inconsistent with handball as well

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Saints11 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:35 am Warm and welcoming
:mrgreen:
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Zambo wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:16 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:45 pm Just seen Leicester’s first goal from yesterday. Yikes! 😬

Good spot, foot miles off the ground. Just another example of match officials not enforcing the basics, like throws from wrong place, encroachment and keeper moving at pens before kick taken. So inconsistent with handball as well
Nearly ever game these days there’s at least one foul throw. What are they teaching them in these Academies?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

VeritasVincit

FA Cup changes

Post by VeritasVincit »

FA Cup replays and Premier League winter break scrapped from next season
Little clubs won't be happy. Gone will be hanging on for a home draw against a top club with a lucrative replay to follow'

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ext-season

JimmyDee

Re: FA Cup changes

Post by JimmyDee »

VeritasVincit wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:42 pm FA Cup replays and Premier League winter break scrapped from next season
Little clubs won't be happy. Gone will be hanging on for a home draw against a top club with a lucrative replay to follow'
Here's a letter I sent to the Telegraph this very day on the subject ...

"Sir,
as a non-league football fan (Maidstone, since you ask) I'm whole-heartedly in favour of abolishing replays in the FA Cup, for the following reason.
If, after 90 minutes, the little club is holding the big club to a draw then, by definition, the little club is playing well and the big club is playing badly. That's hardly likely to happen again a week later.
Replays actually favour the big-shots, especially when they realise that giving the kids a run-out in an "easy" game wasn't such a good idea after all.
Yes, I know all about the replay-money, but that will soon be frittered away. History is forever, that's why we still remember that time when David beat Goliath. Goliath usually wins."
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Chelsea denied a pen. Didn't even get a corner. Ball came off Grealish, and arm was well outside if his body. Ref and VAR not a clue.