Neil nails it

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Sunbeam Alpine

Re: Neil nails it

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Salem wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:11 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 pm https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck ... he-economy

Check it out. Growth, real income, unemployment...Labour has done better on every economic aspect. Invested more in the NHS too.

The post 2010 "austerity" was a choice. Inflicted for ideological reasons, but had the effect of further dragging down economic activity.

How the Tories cling to their reputation for being sound on the economy is a mystery.

Anyone who has had to renew a fixed-rate mortgage deal in the last six months is paying on average £300 a month more due to the shambolic efforts of Truss and Kwarteng.
Yeah , because the Blair/Brown massive expansion of the PFI scheme in the NHS has been such a roaring success , hasn't it ? NHS trusts will pay £2.1bn on PFI repayments this year alone .

And not to forget about 'Prudence' Browns balls up by underselling over half of Britain's gold reserves .

Your claim about Labour having a better record on umemployment is also misleading . When Labour won the 1997 election the unemployment rate for adults was 7.2%. When it left government in 2010, it was 7.9%. Today , it is 3.9% .

This Government has without doubt been a disaster........but at least it ain't Labour
Compare unemployment figures over the lives of governments. Go look at the article I posted.

Salem

Post by Salem »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:31 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 pm https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck ... he-economy

Check it out. Growth, real income, unemployment...Labour has done better on every economic aspect. Invested more in the NHS too.

The post 2010 "austerity" was a choice. Inflicted for ideological reasons, but had the effect of further dragging down economic activity.

How the Tories cling to their reputation for being sound on the economy is a mystery.

Anyone who has had to renew a fixed-rate mortgage deal in the last six months is paying on average £300 a month more due to the shambolic efforts of Truss and Kwarteng.
Yeah , because the Blair/Brown massive expansion of the PFI scheme in the NHS has been such a roaring success , hasn't it ? NHS trusts will pay £2.1bn on PFI repayments this year alone .

And not to forget about 'Prudence' Browns balls up by underselling over half of Britain's gold reserves .

Your claim about Labour having a better record on umemployment is also misleading . When Labour won the 1997 election the unemployment rate for adults was 7.2%. When it left government in 2010, it was 7.9%. Today , it is 3.9% .

This Government has without doubt been a disaster........but at least it ain't Labour
Compare unemployment figures over the lives of governments. Go look at the article I posted.
No [-(
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

9 to 5

Post by 9 to 5 »

None are so blind that they won't see.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Salem wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:10 am
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:31 pm

No [-(
What a pity…
WOKE AND PROUD

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

But not a surprise.

Salem

Post by Salem »

Fuck me , I'm being Tag teamed by Hinge & Bracket :D

OK Shillers , I've read a snippet from that notoriously neutral source C4 that you've introduced us to and I found this bit interesting (on unemployment) :

So who has the better record? It’s a close call: both parties have a reasonable claim to be the strongest on this, it just depends which way you look at it.

However, if we look at the figures over a longer time period – back to when Thatcher became prime minister in 1979 – then Labour would undoubtedly have the best record.

So , in other words , you've found an article that has to go back 45 years to prove a point . =D>

Way to go , Champ
"There was one victim"

subsub

Post by subsub »

Salem wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:02 pm Fuck me , I'm being Tag teamed by Hinge & Bracket :D

OK Shillers , I've read a snippet from that notoriously neutral source C4 that you've introduced us to and I found this bit interesting (on unemployment) :

So who has the better record? It’s a close call: both parties have a reasonable claim to be the strongest on this, it just depends which way you look at it.

However, if we look at the figures over a longer time period – back to when Thatcher became prime minister in 1979 – then Labour would undoubtedly have the best record.

So , in other words , you've found an article that has to go back 45 years to prove a point . =D>

Way to go , Champ
Or, in other words: you were wrong and Hillman was right.
Thanks for confirming :)
WOKE AND PROUD

Salem

Post by Salem »

subsub wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:33 pm Or, in other words: you were wrong and Hillman was right.
Thanks for confirming :)
Of course Subbles . Apart from ignoring the fact that unemployment was higher when Blair/Brown left power than when they came into power 13 years earlier . But Thatcher etc.

And for future reference , if i want your opinion , i'll ask Shillers , Judge , Tick etc what it is :smt023
"There was one victim"

subsub

Post by subsub »

Salem wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:13 pm And for future reference , if i want your opinion , i'll ask Shillers , Judge , Tick etc what it is :smt023
You do as you wish :)
WOKE AND PROUD