The Tory Gov Bullshit thread - Part 4

In-depth debate on all topical issues
birdie

Re: The Tory Gov Bullshit thread - Part 4

Post by birdie »

Bridgen isn't know for his diplomacy, he's often said things in the Chamber which are obvious un truths, but he gets away with it because he says them under parliamentary privilege, but Twitter is a different thing which some people would be advised to remember.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=73c4c897 ... dG1s&ntb=1
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I always wonder why some parts of the Tory party want to become UKIP 2.0 give the polling. This polling is awful for them.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

The UK is quite literally a shithole country.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Oxford crew looking for an excuse?

There is no proof that the shite state of the Thames caused the e-coli outbreak.

You also should be careful about labelling London and the UK a sithole country. Your like minded threw a tantrum the last time that was suggested. Perhaps you've changed your mind.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:59 pm Oxford crew looking for an excuse?

There is no proof that the shite state of the Thames caused the e-coli outbreak.

You also should be careful about labelling London and the UK a sithole country. Your like minded threw a tantrum the last time that was suggested. Perhaps you've changed your mind.
Water companies have been dumping ever more sewage into the UKs waterways with ever loosening government scrutiny over the matter.

Plenty of coastline and riverside spots in the UK have now given unprecedented warnings to visitors to avoid contact with the water there due to presence of sewage.

Shithole country is a very apt term to use in this case.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

They tested the part of the river they are rowing in and the found a EC count higher than government recommended levels for bathing.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The Tick wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:05 pm

Water companies have been dumping ever more sewage into the UKs waterways with ever loosening government scrutiny over the matter.

Plenty of coastline and riverside spots in the UK have now given unprecedented warnings to visitors to avoid contact with the water there due to presence of sewage.

Shithole country is a very apt term to use in this case.
I agree that it is a sithole country, but certain people have been in denial of that. They label it as one to suit their agenda, but when it is pointed out there are other reasons they squeal like a fanny.

#butcrimeonthestreets

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Vespa wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:32 pm

They tested the part of the river they are rowing in and the found a EC count higher than government recommended levels for bathing.
A disgusting state of affairs, but there is no proof that the rowers sickness was caused by the polluted river.

Several of the Oxford crew took sick well before the start of the race, and both universities have practice water near to home.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:34 pm
Vespa wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:32 pm

A disgusting state of affairs, but there is no proof that the rowers sickness was caused by the polluted river.

Several of the Oxford crew took sick well before the start of the race, and both universities have practice water near to home.
To be fair I think the basic story is pouring unprocessed in sewage has made the river dangerous. Who got ill and where is a side issue I think

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Yep, agree.

birdie

Post by birdie »

As I recall (Good Friday I think) the BBC news said that crews had been advised not to celebrate a win by the usual method of dumping themselves into the water as the level of e-coli were very high, and, as symptoms of e-coli take around 3-4 days to show were the Oxford crew dipping into the water a few days before the race?
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:29 pm
I agree that it is a sithole country, but certain people have been in denial of that. They label it as one to suit their agenda, but when it is pointed out there are other reasons they squeal like a fanny.

#butcrimeonthestreets
I've often mentioned the tory government defunding the police force, prisons, and justice system over the last 14 years and its effect on crime.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

The Tick wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:40 pm
Zambo wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:29 pm

#butcrimeonthestreets
I've often mentioned the tory government defunding the police force, prisons, and justice system over the last 14 years and its effect on crime.
And when Labour do exactly the same thing, if not worse, what will you say then??

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

BuT lAbOuR!

Yawn.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

The Tick wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:43 pm BuT lAbOuR!

Yawn.
You're going to get a jaw ache yawning so much