Post Brexit - part 21

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Zambo

Re: Post Brexit - part 21

Post by Zambo »

They are trying to blame the weather but it's just more winning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68688810
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Never in my wildest dreams could I have hoped that voting Leave would still be boiling the piss of all the wrong'uns 8 years on. There's a little spring of joy in my heart that people trawl the world to post up what they think are 'gotchas'. Please don't ever stop doing it.

The ultimate irony is that the perpetrator of these despises the UK and everything it stands for, laughs at death and supports our enemies at every turn.
There's no poem, just prose.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:13 pm Never in my wildest dreams could I have hoped that voting Leave would still be boiling the piss of all the wrong'uns 8 years on. There's a little spring of joy in my heart that people trawl the world to post up what they think are 'gotchas'. Please don't ever stop doing it.

The ultimate irony is that the perpetrator of these despises the UK and everything it stands for, laughs at death and supports our enemies at every turn.
:dart:

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

If you think supporting Leave defined being patriotic, you are deluded.

Remainers care just as much about their country and as a result do not want to see it harming itself , and what that hurt to be stopped. As for our enemies, they are not out there, they are within us, quietly siphoning off our resources.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:12 pm If you think supporting Leave defined being patriotic, you are deluded.

Remainers care just as much about their country and as a result do not want to see it harming itself , and what that hurt to be stopped. As for our enemies, they are not out there, they are within us, quietly siphoning off our resources.

Rather than comprehend the detrimental consequences of brexit to the UK, its supporters burrow deeper into a pit of denial and impotent rage. All while the country decays around them.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The only impotent rage, is coming from those who have been stamping their feet for over 7 years, because they lost a democratic vote.

Must be hard on the shoe leather. :D

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:52 pm The only impotent rage, is coming from those who have been stamping their feet for over 7 years,

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Even farmers deserve a day out. Good to see many of the tractors flying the Union flag as well.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:16 pm Even farmers deserve a day out. Good to see many of the tractors flying the Union flag as well.
Good to see them protest against the consequences of brexit. Must be hard on the shoe leather. :D

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:12 pm If you think supporting Leave defined being patriotic, you are deluded.

This should be obvious, but some choose to turn a blind eye.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

birdie

Post by birdie »

Looking up some of the reports about what used to be CAP subsidies it looks as though, although the government guaranteed the £2.4b which was handed out by the EU, it looks as though the take up has been low,.
So why are farmers not taking up the funds offered by the government?

We know that the CAP was a joke, with farmers being paid top whack for produce which didn't even go on the market, who can forget the newsreels of lorry loads of tomatoes being dumped and fields of cauliflowers rotting in the fields because the farmers got paid whether they harvested or not.
There are many reasons why farmers don't get the prices they want but to blame everything on Brexit is just blinkered, and perhaps if some farmers took up the offer by government to match the subsides they were getting under the EU they might, just might, be better off.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

birdie wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:03 pm Looking up some of the reports about what used to be CAP subsidies it looks as though, although the government guaranteed the £2.4b which was handed out by the EU, it looks as though the take up has been low,.
So why are farmers not taking up the funds offered by the government?

We know that the CAP was a joke, with farmers being paid top whack for produce which didn't even go on the market, who can forget the newsreels of lorry loads of tomatoes being dumped and fields of cauliflowers rotting in the fields because the farmers got paid whether they harvested or not.
There are many reasons why farmers don't get the prices they want but to blame everything on Brexit is just blinkered, and perhaps if some farmers took up the offer by government to match the subsides they were getting under the EU they might, just might, be better off.

Brexit supporters promised the world to UK farmers, then the government failed to deliver on that.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

birdie wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:03 pm There are many reasons why farmers don't get the prices they want but to blame everything on Brexit is just blinkered
Well that is what this thread is all about after all.

21 parts 100 pages per part of whining and trying to blame everything that goes wrong in this country on leaving the EU.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:38 pm
birdie wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:03 pm There are many reasons why farmers don't get the prices they want but to blame everything on Brexit is just blinkered
The farmers are protesting against their produce being undercut by farming produce imported from abroad. A consequence of brexit.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:38 pm

21 parts 100 pages per part of whining and trying to blame everything that goes wrong in this country on leaving the EU.
The government have essentially fucked farmers in three basic ways:

1. They've cut funding and they make it hard to get paid. Prior to Brexit I knew one farmer who had waited two years for his payments. The government haven't improved and removed loads of payments. In fact you'll struggle to find anyone from the government who can explain how their own schemes.
2. Trade deals has also fucked farmers because they are allowing farming superpowers to export food to us that's illegal to produce here and that they sell cheaper than we make it.
3. The EU deal has made it more expensive to export to Europe. We've seen entire industries move to Europe or simply close.