TerryTibbs

Re: Gaunt - Part 59: From Cradle to (Wals) Grave

Post by TerryTibbs »

Jon Gaunt Audio Hall of Shame - https://www.chirbit.com/fliiiies

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:08 pm Oddly enough, I'm in Warwick as we speak.

Might go and shit on his doorstep.
Squats
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

englundgambit2

Post by englundgambit2 »

I think it fair to say that every idea the diabetic renter had turned to shit and he had a history of always backing the wrong horse.

So with this in mind, if he were still brrrrraaaacasting I am wondering if he'd be backing Vennells? I can just imagine that squeaky voice slating Alan Bates.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Is he backing Cov for the cup?

englundgambit2

Post by englundgambit2 »

I see Howe & Co representing some subpostmaster's and grilling some PO dude right now. Fair play to them.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Never mind that nonsense why aren't they trrrrrracking down the trrrrrrrrrrrrrrollllllllllsssss!!!!!!

birdie

Post by birdie »

I don't recall who it was that gave us the news that dear Jihn had moved out of his rented pad and went to doss down with the mother-in-law and that the house was on the market at an asking price of £1,750,000.

As I recall it must be getting on for nearly a year now.

After a couple or 3 months it went down to £1,5000,000, in August again went down to £1,200,000.
Towards the end of the year and new year it was sold STC and today I see its back on the market at £1m.
The price reductions suggest that it was overpriced in the first place and the fact that is is back on the market with a further reduction suggests, to me at least, that the prospective buyer had a structural survey which brought up some problems which made them pull out.

On the bright side, if it goes down any farther perhaps dear Jihn can use some of the dosh he's had stashed away all these years and buy it for himself :P
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

englundgambit2

Post by englundgambit2 »

Heard this song on the radio today and managed to snip this short clip. Can u tell me where I can download the full version? I didn't realise Grunty actually had a major rock band write a song about him!

shivah

Post by shivah »

Grunt is a Chunt.

Justlikeanarrow

Post by Justlikeanarrow »

https://www.rsc.org.uk/blogs/out-of-the ... rom-plants

Seems Mrs gaunt (with "trendy hairdo")is now apprentice operations operative at the Royal Shakespeare company, no doubt if she makes it to chief operations manager the Gaunt curse will take hold and the RSC days will be numbered and will take the cemetery gate route, as iam sure the fat one will try to get involved.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Justlikeanarrow wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:28 am https://www.rsc.org.uk/blogs/out-of-the ... rom-plants

Seems Mrs gaunt (with "trendy hairdo")is now apprentice operations operative at the Royal Shakespeare company, no doubt if she makes it to chief operations manager the Gaunt curse will take hold and the RSC days will be numbered and will take the cemetery gate route, as iam sure the fat one will try to get involved.
[/quot

'Trendy hairdo'? Give over. It looks more like someone who cant afford the 40 quid for a trim. But, bloody hell, she don't 'arf look rough,
What is the date of that article because it gives the impression that Loser was supplying plants from her own garden in 2023, when the Grunts left their rented pad at around May/June of that year.
As for her being a keen gardener, looking at the garden she left behind, that looked, on the estate agents blurb a couple of weeks after they left, like it hadn't been touched in months.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Justlikeanarrow wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:28 am https://www.rsc.org.uk/blogs/out-of-the ... rom-plants

Reminds me of a bloke years ago on 'Blind Date' who described himself as a 'visual technician facilitator' . He was a window cleaner

Fair play to Mrs G, at least she's getting off her arse and doing a job.
There's no poem, just prose.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Found a utube video posted by the estate agent on 9 June 2022 showing the house, so its nigh on 2 years since he decamped, how time flies, which brings 'Loser brought plants from her own garden' a load of ballacks, unless she raided her mothers pants. :P

I'll give her her due, she's had that job for quite a number of years now, but I rather doubt that what thr RSC are paying her was enough to afford the £36k rent, Audrey Fallon steak, best wine and other high living expenses, which begs the question, how could all that be afforded on RSC wages.

Michaelfatley

Post by Michaelfatley »

There is the basis of a good joke in the RSC article about Mrs Gaunt but I can’t quite put it together. It’s something about a keen gardener and years of experience with a dickweed.
Boris - “We’re doubling down on levelling up”