The Tory Gov Bullshit thread - Part 4

In-depth debate on all topical issues
birdie

Re: The Tory Gov Bullshit thread - Part 4

Post by birdie »

JudgeTedd wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:47 am
Zambo wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:36 am Put them in the fucking bin with all the other Smart shite.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68848418

Just think how many potholes that could have been filled in if they hadn't have wasted all that money down the shitter.
Anyone with half a brain could’ve predicted that Smart motorways would be a bad idea. You’d have thought the people who introduced them might have wondered why they hadn’t been done before?
From a quick skeg into search I'm getting the information that the first smart motorway was introduced in 2006, remind me, who was in government at that time?

True that they were called 'managed' motorways and the hard shoulder was used at peak times not done away with altogether but it was the pre curser of what we have now.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

birdie wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:57 pm
Zambo wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:36 am Put them in the fucking bin with all the other Smart shite.

Just think how many potholes that could have been filled in if they hadn't have wasted all that money down the shitter.
Anyone with half a brain could’ve predicted that Smart motorways would be a bad idea. You’d have thought the people who introduced them might have wondered why they hadn’t been done before?
From a quick skeg into search I'm getting the information that the first smart motorway was introduced in 2006, remind me, who was in government at that time?

True that they were called 'managed' motorways and the hard shoulder was used at peak times not done away with altogether but it was the pre curser of what we have now.
Who’s more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

birdie

Post by birdie »

JudgeTedd wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:42 pm

Who’s more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
That is, indeed, a tick-lish question.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Public transport is the answer to this problem but this country has madly under invested in it and if you don't want to drive a car you are seen as a loon by the medial

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Am I the only one that thinks Richard Tice and Nigel Farage can't wait for this to kick off?

Both have been calling this scheme a scam, the government are hardly likely to shift more people that enter the UK to a land far far away. Farage and Tice's answer is to ship them to France.

Mad, expensive scheme that was never going to work.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sunak appears to be able to find money for foreign aid at the drop of a hat, 3b now this year for Ukraine alone. Give him a gold star.

This whilst UK services go into further decline.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:13 am Sunak appears to be able to find money for foreign aid at the drop of a hat, 3b now this year for Ukraine alone. Give him a gold star.

On the plus side, this is great news for UK manufacturers of blue and yellow light bulbs.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:13 am Sunak appears to be able to find money for foreign aid at the drop of a hat, 3b now this year for Ukraine alone. Give him a gold star.

This announcement for defence spending sounds suspicious.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Yes it was Labour.
I recall one of the reasons was that you could increase motorway capacity without the hideously difficult and expensive business of rebuilding bridges to accommodate an extra lane.
I recall the widening of the M40 to four lanes which was a massively expensive and disruptive programme.
One big difference though was the number and frequency of refuge areas which have been whittled back so that more people with breakdowns have no option but to be stranded amidst flowing traffic.
The overhead signs are meant to show if a vehicle has ended up stranded in a lane but this awful failure to maintain them truly risks lives.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Defence spending increase turns out to be a con.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Henry Hill is the editor of ConservativeHome and is one of my favourite Tory commentators. He's written a great article about the Rwanda policy which most Tories think is going to fail and why they never talk about legal immigration.

Well worth a read.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... wanda-bill

Saints11

Post by Saints11 »

Maybe this Rwanda thing is a good idea?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-68899601
mentioning other members is not allowed in signatures

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I wouldn't send scum like this to Rwanda, why penalise them. Nor would I keep him in relative comfort at the taxpayers expense. Just beat the fucker to death.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Zambo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:25 pm I wouldn't send scum like this to Rwanda, why penalise them. Nor would I keep him in relative comfort at the taxpayers expense. Just beat the fucker to death.
Can't really disagree with that, I'm sure the woke wankers on here will have a real issue with it though..

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Barely a mention in the national news, wonder why ?
There's no poem, just prose.