The Premier League - Season 2023/24

Anything sportlike
Holden Mcgroyne

Re: The Premier League - Season 2023/24

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

A props nothing, the Juventus v Utd CL semi final from 1999 popped up on my youtube suggestions. Had no recollection that Anceloti was in charge of Juventus that night. 25 years later in an era where managers find their methods quickly out of date, it's astonishing that he's still at the top of the game at Real.
There's no poem, just prose.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Carlos J wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:25 am
lambrini wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:54 am
Zippy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:33 am Ol' Pet will be happy. Where is the old boy btw? He is missed.
Petingo hasn't been seen since January.
Ol' Pet still plays the quiz every day.
HE'S ALIVE!!!!!!

@Zippy

:lol:
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
“The forum's saucy upstart” –Ghost
“Solid broess” –Sadact7
“Decent long termer”–Paolo

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:14 pm Shillo has blown a fuse
Making a spectacular prat of himself :lol:

He has the same approach to football supporting I had when I was 12. Everything is taken as a personal slight, every comment must be responded to, whataboutery in abundance :mrgreen:
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

chelseachelsea wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:55 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:45 pm I like Ancelotti but don't think much of him in the Prem.

Away from the riches of Chelsea he didn't do much for Everton.
Carlo won the double in his 1st season, came 2nd the next and was fired by Roman in Dec of the 3rd season.

He got out of Everton at the 1st opportunity, due to Farhad Moshiri running of the club, and with hindsight you can't blame him.
No, he got sacked after the last game of his second season, at Everton strangely, and was replaced by AVB. Two of RA’s worse decisions.

TBF unlikely anyone could have succeeded at Everton.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Sadact7 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:57 pm
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:14 pm Shillo has blown a fuse

He has the same approach to football supporting I had when I was 12. Everything is taken as a personal slight, every comment must be responded to, whataboutery in abundance :mrgreen:
He’s another pupil from the Goldstein School of Football Supporting.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Sadact7 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:57 pm

You make negative comments, expect some back

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Jonathan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:47 am
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:45 pm I like Ancelotti but don't think much of him in the Prem.

Carlo won the double in his 1st season, came 2nd the next and was fired by Roman in Dec of the 3rd season.

He got out of Everton at the 1st opportunity, due to Farhad Moshiri running of the club, and with hindsight you can't blame him.
No, he got sacked after the last game of his second season, at Everton strangely, and was replaced by AVB. Two of RA’s worse decisions.

I was judging the managers against not only can they carry on an already-staffed side, but can they build one from lower down?
Much as I like Ancelotti he inherited a stable paid for by RA and duly won with it. How that came to an end isn't the point. Much like Guardiola; we don't know how really good he is because he has moved between Barca, Bayern and City and never had to build a side . At City he has been able to add to his group aided by the shall-we-say generous accounting arrangements. Paying what he did for Grealish and Philips, you'd have to wonder.
At Everton he inherited a poor group, and didn't achieve any change. In fact Marco Silva did better there than he did.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:27 am

I was judging the managers against not only can they carry on an already-staffed side, but can they build one from lower down?
Much as I like Ancelotti he inherited a stable paid for by RA and duly won with it. How that came to an end isn't the point. Much like Guardiola; we don't know how really good he is because he has moved between Barca, Bayern and City and never had to build a side . At City he has been able to add to his group aided by the shall-we-say generous accounting arrangements. Paying what he did for Grealish and Philips, you'd have to wonder.
At Everton he inherited a poor group, and didn't achieve any change. In fact Marco Silva did better there than he did.
Come on, even the best will have bad buys. For every Grealish and Philips just look at Rhodri, De Byrne, Walker. Klopp has done the same. Salah great, Nunez terrible and cost a huge amount more. That’s football and will always happen.

To suggest Pep isn’t a great manager is a bit daft. He rebuilt that City team

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Jonathan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 pm

No he got sacked after the last game of his second season, at Everton strangely, and was replaced by AVB. Two of RA’s worse decisions.

Come on, even the best will have bad buys. For every Grealish and Philips just look at Rhodri, De Byrne, Walker. Klopp has done the same. Salah great, Nunez terrible and cost a huge amount more. That’s football and will always happen.

I didn't say that Guardiola isn't a great manager. I said he had never been faced with having to make hefty improvements where he has been. For me that's part of being a great manager, not just keeping a team of stars ticking over. So the jury's out.
By the way KDB joined Pellegrini not Guardiola.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Jonathan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 pm

I wouldn't say that Nunez is 'terrible', Jonn-o.
He is a little wasteful in front of goal but his stats are still decent.
WOKE AND PROUD

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Jonathan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:33 am
Sunbeam Alpine wrote:Funny how the truth hurts, isn't it?
When we boo our manager let me know.
Just letting you know.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I missed this yesterday, very very good Jonathan.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Never forget how they treated karius. Absolutely shameful.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

chelseachelsea wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 pm
Jonathan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:33 am
Sunbeam Alpine wrote:Funny how the truth hurts, isn't it?
When we boo our manager let me know.
Just letting you know.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I missed this yesterday, very very good Jonathan.
Hodgson didn't get booed
His team did -after games. Not during them.
Paul Konchesky FFS

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:05 pm Never forget how they treated karius. Absolutely shameful.
So thoughtful of you.
Sadly Karius rather pissed on your chips when he spoke about it while at Newcastle recently.