Eurovision 2024

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
subsub

Re: Eurovision 2024

Post by subsub »

Was watching it on Sky+ so was a good hour behind the live broadcast, but enjoyed all the posts in here.
Some of the songs weren't great, but the backdrops and visuals were absolutely stunning. The walk-on by each country at the start is good, too.

Thought Finland would do better ("Windows95Man" :lol: )
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

How did that shite win. :lol:

Lux and Greece robbed blind.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Zambo wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:30 am How did that shite win. :lol:

Lux and Greece robbed blind.
Yes! And Armenia.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
“The forum's saucy upstart” –Ghost
“Solid broess” –Sadact7
“Decent long termer”–Paolo

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Zippy wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:51 am Israel the people's champion 8)

Two fingers up to the far left bullies who thought it was ok to stalk and try to intimidate a 20 year old Jewish woman.
Thirty years ago, the world would have laughed at this poundshop Hellraiser-pinhead-Kurt-Barlow-wannabe woman child. Now, bizarrely, we must take her (they/zir/other/whatever-the-fuck) seriously. Yikes! The absolute state.

( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Loool

( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

The morning after ... I listened to "just the songs" on the radio, and I can't remember any of them, not even the winner.
I think it's judged now on visual impact. Good luck to them, if that's what you have to do to win; if that's what people remember, but I can't help but feel we've lost something from the days when they had to stand, alone on a stage, and just sing.

Another thing: once upon a time the very idea of linking all of Europe by TV was a novelty in itself, so why not celebrate this technological achievement by having a song-contest? That's why people tuned in. What? You can see someone LIVE in Oslo giving the Norwegian vote and then someone LIVE in Madrid giving the Spanish vote? What will they think of next?

Now it's nothing to see your mate in Ulan Batur Instagramming his dinner, so the novelty of seeing anything from Abroad has somewhat dissipated.
What's the point in the Internet Age?
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

JimmyDee wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:14 am The morning after ... I listened to "just the songs" on the radio, and I can't remember any of them, not even the winner.
I think it's judged now on visual impact. Good luck to them, if that's what you have to do to win; if that's what people remember, but I can't help but feel we've lost something from the days when they had to stand, alone on a stage, and just sing.

Another thing: once upon a time the very idea of linking all of Europe by TV was a novelty in itself, so why not celebrate this technological achievement by having a song-contest? That's why people tuned in. What? You can see someone LIVE in Oslo giving the Norwegian vote and then someone LIVE in Madrid giving the Spanish vote? What will they think of next?

Now it's nothing to see your mate in Ulan Batur Instagramming his dinner, so the novelty of seeing anything from Abroad has somewhat dissipated.
What's the point in the Internet Age?
Good question. What’s the point of the Internet Age? Narcissism, for "big tech" companies to harvest our personal data and digital footprints, and to feed children a steady diet of hatred, misinformation and depression. Honestly, today's children are broken, man. Resilience is gone.
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

In other news ... hats off to "Ed Power" writing for the D Tel.
"It was 'The Code' that cracked it" :-)

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

For those of you interested in the topics discussed above, Jonathan Haidt, author of The Coddling of the American Mind, recently published a fantastic book titled The Anxious Generation: How the Great Rewiring of Childhood Is Causing an Epidemic of Mental Illness. An essential read.
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

lambrini wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:34 am Good question. What’s the point of the Internet Age? Narcissism, for "big tech" companies to harvest our personal data and digital footprints, and to feed children a steady diet of hatred, misinformation and depression. Honestly, today's children are broken, man. Resilience is gone.
That wasn't really the answer I was expecting, to be honest..
I was merely comparing the novelty of complicated land-lines in the 1950s and 1960s with the ease with which we can all talk to some cunt on the top of Everest nowadays.

To be fair, though, you've hit the nail on the head. Because it's so easy to tell everyone in the world our Twitter-opinions that makes them, in our heads, somehow as valid as those of someone who studied it for years. You've only got to hear Odious Goldsteen arguing with a former Pro-footballer to know that :-)

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

lambrini wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:13 am

Two fingers up to the far left bullies who thought it was ok to stalk and try to intimidate a 20 year old Jewish woman.
Thirty years ago, the world would have laughed at this poundshop Hellraiser-pinhead-Kurt-Barlow-wannabe woman child. Now, bizarrely, we must take her (they/zir/other/whatever-the-fuck) seriously. Yikes! The absolute state.

[...]
26 years ago,, Dana International, an actual transsexual won Eurovision. Coincidentally, she was from Israel, the country this cosplaying cunt wanted removing from the contest, threatening walkouts and disruptions up to the last minutes. How pathetic is this:
Jesus, you're 31 not 13. :roll: Now fuck off back to obscurity, twat.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

What the fuck is this thing
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Indeed, Zippy. The public vote:

Salem

Post by Salem »

Decent result for Eden considering all the hate she had to contend with . I hope her future is bright , she deserves it after all the shit she's had to put up with over the last week .

Great to see also she won the vote from the public in 15 countries, including Blighty .

Having said all of that , I think it's time Auntie Beeb stopped putting tax payers money into participating in what is now a political shit show .
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Salem wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:54 pm Decent result for Eden considering all the hate she had to contend with . I hope her future is bright , she deserves it after all the shit she's had to put up with over the last week .

Great to see also she won the vote from the public in 15 countries, including Blighty .

Having said all of that , I think it's time Auntie Beeb stopped putting tax payers money into participating in what is now a political shit show .
Indeed, Salem. Auntie also benefits by getting 8+hrs of cheap, popular telly and whatever they invest in the songs, they need a refund.

Some of the political stuff is amusing: